Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:30 AM, Aldur said:

Second very important reason, even if only to me, is that I need a more modern looking project in my portfolio

Will you be outsourcing assets?

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:30 AM, Aldur said:

It will be possible to integrate with other tools

That'll be interesting.

Can't wait to see the new design.

Hi @wasntme

You need to manually point WA to the folder inside steam library. I'll try to make that easier to figure.

Hi there

is there a plugin to track what meals give what timed affinity you discover?

My Norton 360 is not allowing me to download Wurm Assistant.

I tried submitting the form but because I did not know what name was given to the detection, I could not submit.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi @Amerian

I've just rechecked and It doesn't seem that there are antivirus false positives for WA. I suspect Norton is blocking download just because it comes from my private source and not well known organization.

In that case, it would be best to disable Download Intelligence for a moment.

Found this help page: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v80629965

Afterwards scan the downloaded file and if everything checks out, Norton should not block WA startup.

Edited by Aldur

there arent many things things that brighten my day in 2020 but hearing wa is getting a new version sometime in the future just might do it. :)

just a question from your update post... this line

• Better ways of dealing with multiple installations (we now have wurm online and two versions of wurm on steam)

does this imply that we will be able to run wa4 and have it pull data and work timers/granger etc for steam and wurmonline clients at the same time without having to swap the game directory path?

that would be amazing.

best of luck on your hero work.

Aye. In new version there will be character creator, where you can choose things such as source wurm. So even if they put wurm on origin, tool will be ready. :P

Courtesy of @Kohle, who added a pull request to WA3, I'm publishing a new version of WA3.

Changes from me:

• Popups can now be shown in the top right corner of the screen. Option can be changed in main menu -> other settings.

Changes from @Kohle:

• Fixes for detecting Golden Valley as the current server.
  • Added pvp version of CaHelp channel.
  • Fixed fetching server stats for all servers.
  • Fixed some skill dump parsing errors, cause by sections Player, Premium and Server
  • Like 1

About hell horses. Granger doesn't seem to differentiate babies from adults and one must always go in and edit them to be babies. 

I'm not entirely sure how Granger determines age. For instance with horses, perhaps it's from the 

"Horses like this one have many uses" - from which granger knows those are the adults. 

With hell horses, they have different phrases:

Foals: This fiery creature is rumoured to grow up to be a mount of the demons of Sol.

Adults: This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.

Thanks again for all you do Aldur! I've also been immensely enjoying adding sound triggers so that I can have animals make sounds when I groom them or when they graze, to give a little life to the world. 

• Like 1

Hi @Malena, thank you for spotting this difference. That should be enough for me to get baby hellhorses going. So to speak. ;)

• Like 1

Hi folks!

I'm releasing next batch of WA3 updates.

• Granger should now properly recognize foal hellhorses.
    Thank you @Malenafor finding log messages. Please let me know if everything works, as I've had no baby hellhorses to do the science on. ;) 

• Combat Assistant should now properly count shield parries for the player.
    Thank you@boilingfort for providing the new message. Could you let me know if it now counts properly?

• Crafting widget has been upgraded for some missing actions of Cloth Tailoring and Leatherworking.
    Thank you @Nadrojfor all the messages. I've added following rules:
    Spoiler

For Cloth Tailoring
    The XXXX has some stains that must be washed away.
    > water

The XXXX has an open seam that must be backstitched with an iron needle to improve.
    > iron needle

For Leatherworking
    has some holes and must be tailored with an iron needle to improve.
    > iron needle

A mallet must be used on the XXXX in order to smooth out a quirk.
    > mallet

Please check if things work as they should. I was unsure what you mean by "awl" comments exactly. If there is anything wrong or missing, be sure to let me know.

• Fixed a rare bug, where WA would fail to load most features, when computer has zero sound devices attached. WA should now go to a fall back, which should not cause such problems.
    @Delakarthank you for reporting this. If you are still around and could repeat this state for a quick test, I would be most grateful!

• Included a pull from mrurb, who made it so Granger adds a current time as birth date for a newly added creature. This can be done using hugsxamine (/hug emote) instead of smilexamine. :) This will not work for creature updates. Many thanks mrurb!

• And finally, Calendar defaults have been updated to latest season list, as listed on Wurmpedia. This will not work backwards for all seasons, but can be fixed easily using Calendar -> Configure > mod seasons list -> restore default (also manually added seasons will not be modified by this option any more). I've also updated label so that it indicates randomness of seasons a bit more clearly. Thank you @Yagafor requesting this!

There are some more fixes waiting, they will come in January.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

1. Granger isn't adding a "Not in mood" for failed breeding attempts and I'm not sure if it's suppose too. Example;

[15:56:04] The mature fat Haltheart and the adolescent fat Rageumbra get intimate.

[15:56:38] The mature fat Haltheart shies away and interrupts the action.

2. I had to subtract 1 day from the default harvest season dates to get them to better align with almanac orange text dates (default dates).

Thank you for making this tool!

Hi@Ogare, yes granger should set that on this message and the message looks usual. I'll have a look at this.

Wurm seasons are very random by nature. I've recently added a message about that to the Calendar. They can happen up to 2 wurm weeks early or late (translates to +/- 42 real life hours)

The orange text from the almanac is the default Wurm harvest date and I believe it's always the same. Now the actual harvest date does do as you say and RNG +/- 2 wurm weeks.

Perhaps I've set the day calculation wrong, I will also have a look at this then. :) Thanks for spotting this.

Edited by Aldur

There is something wrong with the orange text dates in my almanac. They are suppose to change to white when it gets close enough to actual date for the ql of my reports. I thought I'd say so since flawed observations don't make for good bug hunting :) 

Update:

• Fixed parsing bug of uptime in server stats. It is now correctly parsing when singular form of unit is present (eg. day instead of days). Thanks @Kohle for debugging effort!

Edited by Aldur

*edited*

This post was an introduction to a WordPress plugin I created. 

All the details can be found here now:

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 2

@Fengistthis looks awesome, great work! 😃

I'm really sorry I did not yet fix the export issue, I'm almost there!

I can also add link to your tool to Wurm Assistant, credit and all preserved of course. Just let me know when the link is permanent.

I can also:

• If you could extend your API with a POST endpoint (no clue how to do that under wordpress plugins), I could also add to Granger "export to html formatter" (working name) option, eg. it could automatically upload XML through the request body.
  • I can extend XML if you feel any extra Granger info could be useful.
Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1