Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Wurm assistant hasn’t been updated with new seasons. Try Wurm clock. 

2 minutes ago, Kelody said:

Wurm assistant hasn’t been updated with new seasons. Try Wurm clock. 

And where can I find that?

@Kelodyspeaking of Wurm Clock, are seasons there all accurate? I could use that to update calendar in WA as well.

12 hours ago, Aldur said:

@Kelodyspeaking of Wurm Clock, are seasons there all accurate? I could use that to update calendar in WA as well.

It is correct, except for the randomness of +/- 2 Wurm weeks which is part of the game mechanics. 

i am playing via steam client and i cant add my chars to the Wurm Assistant... can anyone help?

On 10/1/2020 at 11:57 AM, Xenowolf said:

i am playing via steam client and i cant add my chars to the Wurm Assistant... can anyone help?

Change your game folder to where your Steam copy is installed. Default location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Online\gamedata

Or if you have a custom location (like I do), do something like: 

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Online\gamedata

• Like 2

Any news on the linux support? tried using wine but no success so far. What excatly does "cd /d %0\" do? in your stable-windows.bat?

hi @Yuchdan!

As part of my refresh of portfolio, I'm working on rebuilding WA under Avalonia UI toolkit, which is cross platform.

I was hoping for .NET Core to allow WinForms on linux, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon, so WA3 has to stay Windows only.

As for cd /d %0\

This switches directory of the script to the folder where script is. It's a kind of insurance, so that following commands will run where they are supposed to.

A mirror solution for .sh script would be start the path with ./

eg ./someFileName

Disclaimer: I'm actually not sure if it is universally true for every unix system, for called script to always set current directory to it's location. It seems to work for me, but I'm in no way a distro expert. Consult stack overflow before taking this script.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been brought up, but why does the CSV export both some illness and strong legs as "SL"?  

Trying to import that into anything else and it would be a guess as to which of these traits it really is.

Hi @Fengist

I think export was originally ported from some old version and I've never given it much thought. I'll try to fix this. :)

Do not know if it is already asked. If so i am sorry.

granger will this one also have option for steam version? 

10 hours ago, awaka said:

Do not know if it is already asked. If so i am sorry.

granger will this one also have option for steam version? 

You just need to point WA to the player folders. Steam puts them in a different location.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it's spewing out errors for combat special moves

ocXjorG.png

I just wanna say that this is amazing and I love it.

Is there any way to change where the pop up notifications show for triggers?

• Like 1

Hi @Zao

I'm going to release a little update soon, where popup can be moved to upper right corner.

I wanted to make the choice of position totally free, but it was considerably harder to do. So something simple instead.

Please let me know after update, if alternative position is good enough.

• Like 1

Sneak peek on Wurm Assistant 4.

Hi folks! Whomever managed to cling on till now, anyway. ;) 

I've been smuggling minor crumbs about working on new version of WA, other about it going slowly and yadayda.

Today I'll write a bit more about this whole thing, so you can prepare for the future.

Wurm Assistant 4 is not just an update to WA3, it's a complete rewrite. I've had to go this way, because of two things.

First of, it was the only feasible way to add certain often-requested features:

• Linux :) 
  • Sync of all settings between computers
  • Crappy user experience, this does not bother power users, but everyone else is struggling to figure things out. Heck I am when going back to using the app after a while (yes I'm using WA myself while playing Wurm).
  • Better ways of dealing with multiple installations (we now have wurm online and two versions of wurm on steam)

Second very important reason, even if only to me, is that I need a more modern looking project in my portfolio. I could make yet another blog engine but... no. Seriously, no.

There are few other benefits:

• It's now over 5 years since I've build majority of WA3. In the meantime I've moved between many projects within 3 distinct software houses, learned a ton. I can use this knowledge to the fullest only when building fresh.
  • It will be easier and faster to make updates.
  • It will be easier to find issues, submit feedback, even collaborate!
  • It will be possible to integrate with other tools, for example the amazing Deed Planner of Warlander.
  • It will be much easier to add new features and improve existing ones.

But there is no rose without a thorn. The interface of WA will change majorly. I will do my best, so that:

• every current feature to still be there
  • WA3 settings and data can be easily imported
  • every change to be present in such a way, so that it's easy to figure, how to use it the new way

I know such drastic UI changes may drive some of you away from moving to WA4, so WA3 will still be there. And in every such case, I'd love to hear just why moving to WA4 is not ok, sometimes fixes are really easy. :) 

Thanks you and please stay tuned!

In meantime, WA3 will get some much needed and mucher overdue updates.

• Like 9

Great news, Aldur! Thank you for keeping this awesome project up and running! 

After all these years I'm still actively using WA. Fantastic job. 

I had an idea for a cool new feature: herd family tree

It would remember horses removed from herds, have a new selection when removing animals - dead, sold, lost, other.

This would have little benefit to breeding, but would be cool to look back at generations of horses.

And a couple of bug reports:

Granger doesn't seem to recognize interrupted breeding anymore.

Colors are a mess. the built in colors are all disabled, and none of the new colors are added.

The launch server connects are all broken, now that all servers are migrated, maybe they can be fixed.

Crafting assistant - many minor event text changed - "a clay" to "some clay", "iron needle" to "needle" there are a few of the "some" changes

Hell horses don't start as foals, I'm not sure unicorns

Edited by Kelody

@Kelodythanks for suggestion!

I'll look into those bugs, have a couple more to fix, will release as one WA3 update.

Couple of bugs

The combat log parser seems to check for capitalization which half-breaks it and you have to go rename them manually to get it to work properly, as the attacker gets capitalized due to being at the start of a sentence while the defender doesn't. For example

[19:35:58] Venerable troll kicks you hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[19:36:02] You maul venerable troll deadly hard in the head and damage it.

Would come up as sepererate mobs, Venerable vs venerable

02371a25a6bc1b42d9820a491b180d4d.png

Affinities aren't supported in skill messages [19:36:54] > Info > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill message appears to inform about affinity, not supported. Raw entry: Timestamp: 16/11/2020 4:02:08 PM, Source: , Content: Soul depth has increased to rank 1 affinity

When timezones change, wurmassistant flips out [19:36:24] > Info > WurmApi > LogFileParser: Parsed line has earlier timestamp, compared to last parsed line. Overriding this timestamp with stamp of last parsed line. Line contents: [[18:11:44] Body strength increased 

It will do this for every single line in the hour from the timezone change, which makes it take forever to load up and uses a lot of cpu and read/write checking every single line and recording it in logs, doing this every time you launch until you delete the offending logs