Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

It looks like they've added a header to skill dumps - and it's causing "Unparseable skill name" errors.

Spoiler

2020/06/27 21:37:08.318|Error|WurmApi|WurmApi > RealSkillDump: Unparseable skill name in dump file C:\...\WurmOnline\players\(player1)\dumps\skills.20200624.2214.txt, raw line: Player: (player1)
2020/06/27 21:37:08.318|Error|WurmApi|WurmApi > RealSkillDump: Unparseable skill name in dump file C:\...\WurmOnline\players\(player2)\dumps\skills.20200618.2153.txt, raw line: Player: (player2)
2020/06/27 21:37:08.318|Error|WurmApi|WurmApi > RealSkillDump: Unparseable skill name in dump file C:\...WurmOnline\players\(player1)\dumps\skills.20200624.2214.txt, raw line: Premium: No
2020/06/27 21:37:08.318|Error|WurmApi|WurmApi > RealSkillDump: Unparseable skill name in dump file C:\...\WurmOnline\players\(player2)\dumps\skills.20200618.2153.txt, raw line: Premium: Yes

skills.20200624.2214.txt

Skills dumped at Jun 24, 2020
Player: (player1)
Premium: No
Server: Independence
-----
Skills: 0.0 0.0 0

skills.20200618.2153.txt

Skills dumped at Jun 18, 2020
Player: (player2)
Premium: Yes
Server: Xanadu
-----
Skills: 0.0 0.0 0

Thanks for info. I'll fix this in a spare moment. Aside error spam, everything else works fine?

The crafting widget has had some changes. Mostly they changed where it said "a" it now says "some".

I'm going to update WA with fixes, within next week or so. Sorry for delay. 

Edited by Aldur

New UI is being released on the 24th also. might need some changes/fixes for that.

Hi folks. As usual I'm late with everything.

Also need to say that WA may not work with Steam, initially. "May" because I did zero tests so far. It may be enough to manually set wurm dir in the options. Will appreciate feedback about that.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:46 AM, Aldur said:

Hi folks. As usual I'm late with everything.

Also need to say that WA may not work with Steam, initially. "May" because I did zero tests so far. It may be enough to manually set wurm dir in the options. Will appreciate feedback about that.

This appears to work if you use the following path:

Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Online\gamedata

Simply choosing "Wurm Online" wasn't working as the player files aren't stored there I suppose.
Seems to work for the Granger at least. :)
EDIT: Also works for Alerts :P

Edited by Zera
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Loggy said:

cannot get granger to work 

Did you link your character to Granger?

I think I did it right , I can try again 

Player Planters,

add herd, wave , examine right ?

Edited by Loggy

4 minutes ago, Loggy said:

I think I did it right , I can try again 

Player Planters,

add herd, wave , examine right ?

smile

• Like 1

Works now had to restart it

Edited by Loggy
  • Cat 1

So I have WA on two computers that I play on.  On the main computer (laptop) it doesn't update my prayer timers, but on my second computer, it does just fine.  The second one has a fresh new install of Wurm and WA, where the laptop has been running Wurm for a couple years and also WA off and on for the same time.  Should I just wipe WA and reload from scratch or is there a quick fix?  A friend says she had the same, but after a couple days, the timers magically started updating.

Is it possible to run 2 different data sets on 1 computer? How to replace a data set?

On 8/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, Kelody said:

Is it possible to run 2 different data sets on 1 computer? How to replace a data set?

Yes, it is possible:

1. Have multiple folders with separate WurmAssistantLauncher.exe

2. When running each of the launchers, check "Use relative data directory" option

2020-08-07-08h58-25.png

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, Wurmhole said:

So I have WA on two computers that I play on.  On the main computer (laptop) it doesn't update my prayer timers, but on my second computer, it does just fine.  The second one has a fresh new install of Wurm and WA, where the laptop has been running Wurm for a couple years and also WA off and on for the same time.  Should I just wipe WA and reload from scratch or is there a quick fix?  A friend says she had the same, but after a couple days, the timers magically started updating.

That old wurm installation most likely has plenty more log files. I've noticed many hard to find bugs in log parsing code that I've never quite fixed. It may be that some of the old log files trigger such bugs.

Before doing a wipe of the entire Wurm Online installation, you may try to just move log files and skill dumps somewhere else, then clear wurm api caches in Wurm Assistant.

Another possible cause is that Wurm Client configs differ between those installations. However if any option were unsupported, Wurm Assistant should pop a warning about that on launch.

Edited by Aldur

4 hours ago, Aldur said:

Yes, it is possible:

1. Have multiple folders with separate WurmAssistantLauncher.exe

2. When running each of the launchers, check xxx option

Thanks. Is there a way to clear the data? I copied the folder, but now they both have the same data. :)

"Use relative data directory" tip. Solved my issue with both running Steam and WO client alts.

Awesome. Thank you

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, Kelody said:

Thanks. Is there a way to clear the data? I copied the folder, but now they both have the same data. :)

Yes, if you need to remove everything, delete folder "data-wa-o" for wurm online and "data-wa-u" for wurm unlimited.

image.png

You can also be more selective, eg delete only Data and DataV2 folders, so that sounds are kept. Or delete data for specific features. I'd only recommend under every case, to delete WurmApi folder.

image.png

Edited by Aldur

On 12/12/2012 at 10:13 AM, Aldur said:

I'm happy you like it and indeed that sermon looks like a nice problem to crack. Could you tell me how you find that player count in the logs? Actual log message, as in the file, would help as well, I can't seem to find that on wiki. Does the prayer coldown reset after a total of 6 players attending some sermors or that counts needs to be present on a single sermon? (Actually I see it have 3 hour cooldown, so I assume the latter).

Also wiki seems to note "If you did not gain at least 0.12 faith from the sermon itself, you did not have enough valid listeners to reset your prayer counter", is that correct? Or maybe there is a specific message when sermon fails to meet the count?

Anything else you could provide on this will be very helpful, I don't have any priest within the Alliance and neighbors seem pretty busy most of the time. :)

the 0.12 reset is correct.

Last question about my unusual set-up, is it possible to have different copies of WA connect to different Wurm Folders? I think WA uses the registry to find the Wurm folder, but can it be overridden?

Aye! When you start fresh launcher without any data, manually enter the other folder (or use "Find") during wurm api setup.

image.png

11 hours ago, Aldur said:

Aye! When you start fresh launcher without any data, manually enter the other folder (or use "Find") during wurm api setup.

image.png

Great, thank you. Gonna move my Northern Wurm characters to a new folder.

Hello, I am having troubles getting the alignment timer to work. When I gain (well, lose, I'm a Libila priest) alignment, I get the following error and the timer stays on 'Ready'

[10:32:45] > Error > WurmApi > SkillEntryParser: Skill gain/loss message could not be parsed, raw entry: Timestamp: 15-8-2020 10:32:45, Source: , Content: Alignment decreased by 1,0000 to -31,9398

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Mornare

Looks like a bug. Could you dig into verbose log files for wurm assistant (there should be button in the app to open them), find that message and send me the whole stack trace found there?

I'll be able to look at this in a week or so, as I'm on vacation without PC :)