Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Thanks Kelody!

I will send you a link to new WA via PM.

And will look into the issue, should be simple to fix.

So I've got an odd question.

Is there a way I can replace a trait for granger to pick up?

The situation is that on the WU server I play on, Keen Senses has now been changed to a new trait that states 'It has very good grip'

So I'm hoping for a way to be able to get granger to pick up this new trait and add it into my herd info.

Edited by Nuhasna

I'm afraid I must add my own question to this thread. I am able to add creatures to the granger just fine, but when I added a new character (timers and all are active and working for that one too) it keeps saying the AH skill can't be determined. What can I do to change that? it works on my main but on no other chars. 

Nuhasna: sorry there is no such feature, WA was made before wurld even heard of WU.

AJBlack: Has your other character gained any animal husbandry skill recently and are these event saved in Skills log of wurm online?

If this has been asked before I apologize (but there's too much to read ;) )

About the "Reveal Creatures Parser": is there a reason why both distances ("Some distance " and "Quite some distance") are displayed as "20-49"?

AbhooLU.png

Wurmpedia says:

Quite some distance: 50-80 tiles away

Some distance: 20-49 tiles away

Hi Yaga. I don't think there is any. Not even sure WA knows the "quite some distance", as I used to think 50 was the limit on this spell.

Will fix this. :)

• Like 1

Beta version seems to be working fine for me, no noticed issues.

0.12 faith is correct for resetting prayers. Only 1 listener is required to do one (preach and alignment), 4 needed to gain faith, 6 for reset, all premium.

I do have a couple requests that might or might not be easy.

Champ/Alert, etc be removed from names and added to traits or something. I'm not sure everyone would want this though.

Calf growing up to bull/cow gets a new entry, unlike horses that get changed from foal to horse. I know horses don't have a different breed name.

A set birthday to today drop-down option, like color and mood.

An option when smile-examine a new young/young foal animal not already in list to set birthday to today or a date added to WA field.

Edited by Kelody

Hiya!

Thanks for getting back with feedback.

Champ / Alert - could work as a trait but am not sure without checking. Or I could parse these into tags, same as fat or diseased. Would these options work?

Calf - WA sees Calf as different animal to Cow/Bull. Will spike if this can be improved without too much work.

Birthday - yes, this is simple. Adding to todo.

Smilexamine birthday - date added feels best to me. Setting birthdays on smilexamine could be an optional Granger setting.

Can't promise when, but will keep it on my radar. :)

5 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Hiya!

Thanks for getting back with feedback.

Champ / Alert - could work as a trait but am not sure without checking. Or I could parse these into tags, same as fat or diseased. Would these options work?

Calf - WA sees Calf as different animal to Cow/Bull. Will spike if this can be improved without too much work.

Birthday - yes, this is simple. Adding to todo.

Smilexamine birthday - date added feels best to me. Setting birthdays on smilexamine could be an optional Granger setting.

Can't promise when, but will keep it on my radar. :)

Tag would work too, just something that keeps condition out of the name column. A Champion Cloudhappy(unicorns get names now) just looks funny. :)

For calf/cow/bull, my idea was that when granger finds a new one, check for a calf with identical traits, parents, and name if present. Or even just checking when a new named one is added.

Edited by Kelody

aldur wonderful program. couple of additions id liek to see if possible one day. closing to the notification area in windows, or an option to minimize to there. now im not sure if im doing anything wrong, but under fullscreen and windowed fullscreen no popups will show, nor will the widgets. if this isnt just me then id like to see these added

I know I asked when it first happened (and I could not figure it out).

Could the seasons get updated, they are always off and I love the popup feature compared to remembering to open my in game almanac.

If not could you give me in stupid person direction how to update them my self? the whole wurm/ RL time things never made since when trying to add the new ones.

I recently redid my computer and now when I load WA Timers, Calendar, Triggers, Sound manager and Granger do not load.  I've tried to load in my old files that I had backed up and also used a new download of WA and neither will load those.  Also I read Microsoft Visual C++ could be an issue so I made sure I had the most recent one installed (2017 ver 14.14.26429).  In the spoiler I included the WA loading screen log.  Any ideas how I can get these to work?  Sorry if this has been asked a million times already, I couldn't find anything other than the Microsoft Visual C++ as a solution.

[10:36:17] > Info > BackupManager > Created data backup named 20180818103617

[10:36:17] > Info > BackupManager > Data backup system has been locked.
[10:36:17] > Info > AppMigrationsManager > Wurm Assistant data is at version 3. No upgrade required.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Timers.TimersFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Calendar.CalendarFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Triggers.TriggersFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.SoundManager.SoundManagerFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Granger.GrangerFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Skill Stats
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
[10:36:17] > Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 98, BuildStamp: 7/5/2018 9:05:09 PM +02:00

On 8/18/2018 at 8:29 PM, Msbubba said:

I recently redid my computer and now when I load WA Timers, Calendar, Triggers, Sound manager and Granger do not load.  I've tried to load in my old files that I had backed up and also used a new download of WA and neither will load those.  Also I read Microsoft Visual C++ could be an issue so I made sure I had the most recent one installed (2017 ver 14.14.26429).  In the spoiler I included the WA loading screen log.  Any ideas how I can get these to work?  Sorry if this has been asked a million times already, I couldn't find anything other than the Microsoft Visual C++ as a solution.

Hide contents

[10:36:17] > Info > BackupManager > Created data backup named 20180818103617

[10:36:17] > Info > BackupManager > Data backup system has been locked.
[10:36:17] > Info > AppMigrationsManager > Wurm Assistant data is at version 3. No upgrade required.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Timers.TimersFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Calendar.CalendarFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Triggers.TriggersFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.SoundManager.SoundManagerFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Granger.GrangerFeature > Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Skill Stats
[10:36:17] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
[10:36:17] > Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 98, BuildStamp: 7/5/2018 9:05:09 PM +02:00

Hello Msbubba.

Sorry for late reply. For this issue to be fixed, you have to install specific VCRedist version (the one linked in main post of this thread), not the latest one. It's an oddity of these packages. :)

On 8/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, SmackedDown said:

I know I asked when it first happened (and I could not figure it out).

Could the seasons get updated, they are always off and I love the popup feature compared to remembering to open my in game almanac.

If not could you give me in stupid person direction how to update them my self? the whole wurm/ RL time things never made since when trying to add the new ones.

Hello SmackedDown.

You can mod the seasons list as shown here:

W4SVTow.png

DayBegin is the wurm calendar day when the season starts, counted from the 1st day of a wurm year.

DayEnd is the final day of season.

You can change existing seasons and add new ones.

There are no other options to modify the list. Seasons in wurm are always off by some time, it's random each year so WA has no way of predicting that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hello Msbubba.

Sorry for late reply. For this issue to be fixed, you have to install specific VCRedist version (the one linked in main post of this thread), not the latest one. It's an oddity of these packages. :)

It worked like a charm!  Who would've thought that exact version would've done the trick?  I had one before that version on my computer originally and updated it for the latest, thinking that would do it.  ?  Thank you so much for the help!  

• Like 1

~~~ FIXED ~~~ ?

Turns out I had unchecked the 'monitor events from player' box. I did check that box, is fixed now.

So happy ?

Howdy o/

Well, my Wurm Assistant quit updating when I smile/examine. Not sure what I did wrong. Just normal use. I got the animals with correct names in my herds. The required herds are selected. My wurm assistant is set to monitor my main toon. Just earlier today/yesterday, I updated a bison, then the next bison it would not update when I smile/examined it. Now it won't update any of my animals when I smile/examine. Well, tbh, I did not check all of my animals. Just a few. None of the ones I have checked are updating when I smile/examine in game.

Do you want specific examples. Not sure which information I should post here. Or is this something affecting many ppl? Let me know if I need to PM you for this.

Thanks your time ?

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
  • Like 1

Howdy folks!

I have just released an update to WA. It is a very large change under the hood that's been long overdue.

Many of you have experienced an error, where some or all WA settings would become corrupted for apparently no reason.

Current update should solve this risk once and for all.

I'd like to thank @Kelody for testing this new data engine before its release.

Just ran the update and getting an issue with the trait view on new animals. It just shows "?" in the "Has" column for each trait.

Hi Vannin. Thanks for reporting this. I will try to fix this today evening.

I have looked at this issue. I've found one bug involving following scenario:

1. WA does not know player AH skill or knows a low value of this skill (eg. after premming an unpremmed character), but actual skill is high.

2. Player examines a creature, sees all traits.

3. Creature is added with all traits, but has low "inspect skill"

The core issue is that WA does not know actual player skill, as there has been no recent Animal Husbandry skill change logged in skills log. I am not able to fix this bug right now, as it involves a lot of work.

I have instead fixed display bug, where "Has" column in trait view showed "?" for all traits, including those actually possessed by creature. Now all these traits will have a "YES", as expected.

The update will arrive shortly.

Hello, like many other i seem to have a problem with granger in wa3. It flat out refuses to add any horses to it even though i have the right settings, and yes i have used it successfully before ever since 1.x. I have had a break for a while and came back, fired up WA to check and update horses, but when i got in it had whiped my horses after the update to wa so i had to re-add them. But just getting error messages, i did solve this earlier by going back to version 2.somethingorother which worked like a charm, but now those links are dead and it's apparently wa3 only, which will not work. I took some screenshots of the error, in different versions of WA

This is from the latest stable version

Spoiler

4c9a8b94cf76c592c21c76da96c43be9.png

And this is from version 40, 20 and version 1

Spoiler

b37917b83bb2df79959e7f735082993c.png

Edited by Skarra

Hi Skarra. Would you mind posting me the Event log lines coming from smilexamine? Is seems as though granger didn't see any details of the creature, not even gender (which should always be printed to event log upon creature examine).

It's the regular game _event.date.log i hope, if it's anything else please let me know and i'll find it :)

Horse number one

[13:16:16] You start to tend to venerable fat Swifted.
[13:16:27] You have now tended to venerable fat Swifted and he seems pleased.
[13:16:32] Horses like this one have many uses.
[13:16:32] It is being taken care of by Jackoneill.
[13:16:32] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[13:16:32] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[13:16:32] Its colour is brown.
[13:16:35] You smile at the venerable fat Swifted.
[13:16:56] Horses like this one have many uses.
[13:16:56] It is being taken care of by Jackoneill.
[13:16:56] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[13:16:56] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

And horse number two just to check it wasn't temporary

[13:21:39] You start to tend to venerable fat Waltpie.
[13:21:49] You have now tended to venerable fat Waltpie and he seems pleased.
[13:21:57] Horses like this one have many uses.
[13:21:57] It is being taken care of by Jackoneill.
[13:21:57] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[13:21:57] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[13:21:57] Its colour is brown.
[13:21:59] You smile at the venerable fat Waltpie.
[13:30:14] Horses like this one have many uses.
[13:30:14] It is being taken care of by Jackoneill.
[13:30:14] He is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[13:30:14] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

And trying with the 3rd horse

[14:14:24] You start to tend to venerable fat Tichdream.
[14:14:35] You have now tended to venerable fat Tichdream and she seems pleased.
[14:14:42] Horses like this one have many uses.
[14:14:42] It is being taken care of by Jackoneill.
[14:14:42] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[14:14:42] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[14:14:42] Its colour is gold.
[14:14:46] You smile at the venerable fat Tichdream.

I tried with a friends horses to but it all says the same thing both in event log, and in the WA granger :( And yeah i saw the false flags in the line even though the information pops up in the event log which i found weird but being clueless not one idea how to try and fix it popped into my head.

Skarra you need to first smile at the horse, then within 5 seconds examine it.

oh i did it all possible ways, smile examine, examine smile, cry examine (after a while :P ) i still get the same results though