Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I love your tool! Thank you so much. Where would I find a list of plugins? Or is that not feasible.

Hi Szymanski, sorry for late reply. Unfortunately I've removed plugins from WA due to no interest.

Granger is not processing genesis casts correctly.

[07:26:31] > Info > GrangerFeature > Found maybe genesis log event: Timestamp: 5/28/2018 7:26:31 AM, Source: , Content: Kylan casts Genesis on young bison.
[07:26:31] > Info > GrangerFeature > Found maybe genesis log event: Timestamp: 5/28/2018 7:26:31 AM, Source: , Content: You cast Genesis on young bison.

[07:27:08] > Info > GrangerFeature > Checking creature for Genesis cast (creature name: bison
[07:27:08] > Info > GrangerFeature > No genesis cast found

This has happened to named animals too.

Hi Kelody. Thanks for reporting, will check this out.

Just made a fix attempt for genesis. Lemme know how it fares.

I am getting this message when I first open the program and I don't see where I need to go to fix what is on this list. I tried looking it up on here, on wiki/google and on youtube with no success. 

Wurm Assistant has detected potential issues with Wurm Game Client configuration.

Follow the instructions below to fix these issues. 
After fixing issues, restart Wurm Assistant. 
If issues are not fixed, some of Wurm Assistant features may break.

Note, that if Wurm Client is running, its settings will not be saved until its closed.

>> Issues in config: default
"Hide alignment updates" option should be unchecked.
"Hide favor updates" option should be unchecked.
"Skillgain tab updates" option should be set to as frequent as possible. Recommended setting is "Always" or "Per 0.001 increase". This is especially important at very high skill levels.
"Save skills on quit" option should be enabled. It greatly helps in finding all skill levels.
-------------

I looked through all the tabs to try to find where to uncheck and enable these and could not find where they were.

Those are options in the wurm client, not the wurmassistant.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

trend micro keeps shutting down the latest version of wa, what file do i need to add to the exception list?

added the main folder and the exe file for wa 3, still not working

Have no other ideas, have no experience with this AV.

Does WA work properly when trend micro is disabled?

37 minutes ago, Aldur said:

Have no other ideas, have no experience with this AV.

Does WA work properly when trend micro is disabled?

yeah all was fine till i switched to trend last month

Try adding the launcher exe as well. Also check in Trend whether it has some protection beyond files scanning (like ransomware protection). These features sometimes have their own separate whitelists. I'm fairly certain that if you add wa folder and both exe's to correct whitelists, it will work as expected.

I will in meantime run WA through online scanners and try to clear it as false positive if necessary. This will however not fix the issue immediately, as these things usually take month or longer.

How hard would it be to add a count-based condition to a trigger?  So for example I could make one that tells me when I've dug enough dirt to fill a wagon.  I'm sure there are other ways it could be used too.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:57 AM, Aldur said:

Just made a fix attempt for genesis. Lemme know how it fares.

This is really delayed (sorry!), but I wanted to chime in that the fix seems to have worked for me.

Before: Smile-examine, cast genesis, smile-examine= "trait mismatch"

Now: Smile-examine, cast genesis, smile-examine updates traits properly

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 4:29 AM, Cunk said:

How hard would it be to add a count-based condition to a trigger?  So for example I could make one that tells me when I've dug enough dirt to fill a wagon.  I'm sure there are other ways it could be used too.

Not very hard. Will add to my todo.

@Aldur i loved using the Granger. It helped me ALOT.  I was away for a while and just recently redownloaded Wurm assistant and started playing again. For some reason the smile/examine does not bring the horse into the granger for me. :( 

Hi Khloey. Any error, warning or popup? Have you selected the players to monitor for log events (button on top of granger window)?

NVM figured it out,,had Debug on in game for something.

Was trying to add a new horse with Granger and get the following message Cant process creature.....Server or AH skill unknown for me.  I didnt notice WA seeing to load all logs when I start it, which I never noticed before.

[22:12:57] > Info > GrangerFeature > smile cond: You smile at the adolescent fat Kiatear.
[22:12:57] > Info > GrangerFeature > attempting to start processing creature due to line: You smile at the adolescent fat Kiatear.
[22:12:57] > Info > GrangerFeature > extracting object name
[22:12:57] > Info > GrangerFeature > object assumed to be a creature
[22:12:57] > Info > GrangerFeature > processing creature cancelled, AH skill or server group unknown for player Agememnon (skill:  ; server: Name: Release, WebStatsUrl: http://freedom006.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.html, ServerGroup: FREEDOM

Edited by Agememnon
More info

Hello Agememnon.

Have you previously added any creature with this game character? Did it suddenly stop finding your animal husbandry skill?

Looking at the log, WA has found your server and server group, so I'm guessing it parsed the logs, but for some reason found no AH skill for your char.

Maybe try generating a fresh tick of AH skill gain and see if that fixes the issue.

Edited by Aldur

Hello folks.

I have prepared an important update for WA3.

TLDR:

It is going to address the recurring issue of data corruption happening especially after PC crashes or power shortages.

In before rolling it on launcher, I'm looking for a test subject(s) volunteer(s), who would try it out and see if everything in WA works correctly. Please PM me if interested!

Long(er) story:

Up to this day, WA would keep all data in plain files. I've made it so because I felt it was unnecessary to use databases for such a simple app. But it turns out that a lot can go wrong with data, while it is being saved to hard drives.

I have finally found time to do this surgery and rewrote the storage providers to use SQLite database instead, along with code that will import all data into this database on first WA launch.

The only thing that I've failed to find good solution for, is going back to version of WA older than this update. In such a case WA will of course work, but won't be able to load data in database, thus it will behave as if it was first installed. Going forward again to new WA version will load data from database, but not the data created with older version.

After some initial testing, I've found WA runs as smooth with database as it did with files.

On the horizon:

After rolling this update, I'm going to look over couple dozen ideas and issues reported to me within last year or so.

I will also try to improve some minor things in WA that proved to be confusing or annoying.

Those will be my final updates to WA. I've had plans to polish and add a couple features, but it is just too much work.

Edited by Aldur

Thanks for all your hard work.  Awesome program that is used a lot.  Won't breed horses without it.

• Like 1

I am having another minor issue with granger. I'm not sure it's intentional or fixable. Killing wild hell horses with names isn't marking them dead. It's not really a big deal as I usually remove them right after killing them

LIVETRACKER: R.I.P. log line detected, checking if it's a creature from herds, line: An old fat hell horse '3' is dead. R.I.P.

I haven't tested with bison, I don't have any I want to kill quite yet.

I will volunteer to be a guinea pig.

Edited by Kelody