Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Hi folks. A bit overdue but color update is ready and update will arrive within 24 hours.

What's new:

• Granger picks the color from logs during smilexamines.
  • Unknown colors are also picked and added to Granger (eg. I've just noticed hellhorses to have 'Ash' color).
  • New colors can be added and edited.

Old colors still can't be edited, but I can change this, let me know if anyone needs that.

PS.

For color editing, Wurm log text is the key by which it is matched from logs. Eg: ash for

[11:43:35] Its colour is ash.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 5

Hello Aldur

Hope you can figure out what my problem is 

I smile then exam horse after i breed 

but nothing gets updated in wurm assist 

it wont accept to add new horses either to list 

I asked in GL chat and one other was using it same time as me and had no problem at all 

hope this log help you to figure out the problem 

Spoiler

2018/03/18 05:10:21.726|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Systems.DataBackups.BackupManager|Data backup system has been locked.
2018/03/18 05:10:21.912|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Systems.AppMigrations.AppMigrationsManager|Wurm Assistant data is at version 3. No upgrade required.
2018/03/18 05:10:22.270|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Ayla\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.270|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Ayla\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.270|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Ayla\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.270|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Ayla\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net.MamaDarkness.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net.MamaDarkness.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-10.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2015-10.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2016-04.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._Server.2016-04.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-03.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-10.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2015-10.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > LogFileInfoFactory: Detected issues with parsing log type for file C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2016-04.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:22.528|Info|WurmApi|WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogFiles: Skipping log file, that appears to be log from IRC (unsupported), file name: C:\Users\Rose\Saved Games\wurm\players\Maiya\logs\irc.rizon.net._wurm.2016-04.txt
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Sounds Manager
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Log Searcher
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Calendar
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Timers
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Triggers
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Granger
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Skill Stats
2018/03/18 05:10:24.756|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Features.FeaturesManager|Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
2018/03/18 05:10:24.801|Info|AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Core.WaVersion|Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 94, BuildStamp: 2018-02-25 11:15:37 +01:00

If anything else is needed tell me please 

Maiya

Hi Maiya.

Have you used Granger in the past?

The most common reason is this:

bY3DbT3.png

6 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hi Maiya.

Have you used Granger in the past?

The most common reason is this:

bY3DbT3.png

yes I have it like that too, I did groom and smile-exam with both Maiya and Ayla to see if it was Ayla that didnt work as it should, but was same problem with Maiya

and yes I have used granger alot in past but not for some time 

on right side where it say "SmileXamined" it say 2018-01-05 and the inspect skills shows it is Maiya that used it then

when I started it this time it gave me and update about color ...the change you made for it 

except for that I havnt seen anything difrent 

so I got no cluse what my problem is .(

I'm not sure what else might be wrong, but I doubt it's the color update, as it seems to work for all people I've tested it with.

Out of the top of my mind, these can be the issues:

1. No herd selected (the checkbox next to it)
  2. Something wrong with wurm online settings (eg. no timestamp messages)
  3. Granger doesn't know AH skill level of your chars, this is unlikely, you'd see a popup telling you about it, hard to miss. But you can double-check this with Skills feature.

If nothing helps, you can zip these directories / files and send them to me, I might be able to figure something:

1. Wurm Assistant data directory, by default: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData
  2. Your wurm online config files and logs (event log and skills log should be good enough to get some insights)

I tried reinstall to see if it that would fix it, but didnt do any difrence 

tried to take off my heard, but the file was hiding somewhere on comp, so it didnt do anything, it still showed  up 

I search comp for all files and deleted them and did a reinstall

when starting prg I got a sign telling me to uncheck favour and alignment. I dont think that could be the reson why it didnt work.

and that is easy to test. tested and still show the sign it update the horse. so wasnt that either.

So no clue why I had problem, except it must been a bad file somewhere,  if it happend again I post back here .

Question: why do we need to uncheck favour and alignment?

Glad the problem is solved. If you pinpoint the issue to be in WA itself, I will fix it of course. :)

Favour and Alignment are used for Timers. These messages should be in logs so that the timers work, do not disable them.

WA says to uncheck, because in wurm the option is called "hide favor/alignment updates". So.. don't hide! :)

Cheers

20 hours ago, Aldur said:

Favour and Alignment are used for Timers. These messages should be in logs so that the timers work, do not disable them.

ok I wont hide them anymore .)

Doesn't seem to work on WU 1.6. I think maybe because the logs are now saved to "logs" instead of "test_logs"...

Thanks for info. Fix will arrive sooner than later. :)

While waiting for the fix, we can move all our logs from "test_logs" to "logs", delete the now empty "test_logs" folder, and then create a symbolic link in Windows.  You may need to run cmd.exe in administrative mode to get this to work, depending on how your windows is set up.

I set this up and have been testing it, and so far no issues as a temporary fix.

On 2018-04-07 at 8:41 AM, Gorwst said:

While waiting for the fix, we can move all our logs from "test_logs" to "logs", delete the now empty "test_logs" folder, and then create a symbolic link in Windows.  You may need to run cmd.exe in administrative mode to get this to work, depending on how your windows is set up.

I set this up and have been testing it, and so far no issues as a temporary fix.

No idea what link ...

Update: while I can easily switch where logs are read from, it's not nearly as easy to make WA merge them from 2 locations.

So I'm going to make WA read them only from new logs folder and add a check for any logs present at the old location. If found, WA will ask if to move them to the new one.

Not sure when, but I'm on it.

In the meantime, symbolic links (this solution will work fine after my fix):

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

ganger isn't working with the new wurm unlimited update will there be an update for it to work again?

Hi Luka.

Can you give me more specifics about what has broken in Granger?

The suggested symbolic link solution should fix the logs issue temporarily. After the update, WA simply can't see any new wurm logs, so it knows nothing about smilexamines.

Working on a perm fix. :)

Edited by Aldur

it will not log the data of the horse into granger, I smile and examine it, nothing pops up and I have the herd checked mark, gonna try to redownload it again.

not sure this should be happening

[01:41:46] > Info > WurmApi > WurmCharacterLogs: Server could not be identified for character Luka at stamp 12/18/2017 7:49:44 PM

[01:41:46] > Info > PrayerTimer > could not establish server for this server group, timerID: Prayer, group: Prayer, player: Luka

Edited by Luka

Program was working fine a few days ago (Granger). Now when I load it the names of the colors are missing and there is no way to edit them. When I try to smile/examine add a new foal I get an error that the foal color is already present and nothing gets added. :/ 

Works in beta mode except colors have a d: in front of them, and when smile/examine add to critter it doesn't import it's color like it has been most recently.

Hi Araninke.

Can you send me:

1. Full WA log of one WA session, where after starting it, you try to smilexamine something.
  2. Part of Wurm event log where horse smile/examine is visible (I want to compare if anything changed there recently).

Please send these to wurmassistant-at-gmail-dot-com.

Hi Luka, I still believe this is because of log files changing location. Unfortunately fixing this will take more time, I've had no prior warning from wurm devs that they are planning such a change, so I've not planned any time slots this month. It may very well be in May.

Is there a way to make it just swap to reading the new logs? I only use Granger really, so it's not a big deal to me if it's only using the new 'logs' folder instead of test logs (I just want to be able to add my horses again). Pointing it to the 'logs' folder until we can get a more thorough fix seems a lot easier to me than figuring out the link stuff mentioned, so I thought I'd ask.

• Like 1

Hi Mayrin. Yes this is the fix I'd like to make. Problem is, this issue caught be unprepared and I've had zero time last couple days. I'll roll this as soon as possible. Sorry. :)

Gotcha. Thanks for all your time and energy! I'd offer to help if I had any skills in that whatsoever. ;)

Ok, rolled an update and it is now downloadable via launcher.

I hope I didn't break anything (did some tests and looks ok). :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Mine is completely broken, worked last night but not tonight.

I get the error below, wiht option to stop the app(recommended) or ignore and might loose data. If I stop I get the same error again.  I have not updated ot the latest Java, as I did not want to break wurm incase there was an issue with the main wurm client.

Spoiler

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unterminated string. Expected delimiter: ". Path 'creatureColors.d:EbonyBlack.color', line 1591, position 938.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)

Hi SmackedDown.

I need to look over this json file to figure what is causing the issue, as it has happened for 2 other players recently.

Could you send me entire data directory of Wurm Assistant?

It should be at path:

WO: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData

WU: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData

Please zip the entire folder, send to wurmassistant-at-gmail-dot-com, or share somewhere and send me the link over PM.

18 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hi SmackedDown.

I need to look over this json file to figure what is causing the issue, as it has happened for 2 other players recently.

Could you send me entire data directory of Wurm Assistant?

It should be at path:

WO: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData

WU: %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData

Please zip the entire folder, send to wurmassistant-at-gmail-dot-com, or share somewhere and send me the link over PM.

Sent !