Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Would you be able to update the Combat Assistant stats thing with the new shield parrying messages?

Used to be [15:26:18] X tries to maul you but you raise your shield and parry.

Now it is

[23:03:23] You raise your shield and parry against X's maul.

Added Nadroj and boilingfort requests to my todo.

As for the server travel on Wurm Unlimited, I'd have to investigate this further.

I thought it should work the same as with WO. Not sure when I'll have a bit more time to do this though.

Does restarting WA fix the issue?

• Like 1

No I have Spent the last week asking around our server and restarted wurm and WU assistant more then a dozen times. I have poured over forums and bug post and tried reinstalling and even asked for the ServerwebUrls. All my attempts to find a simple fix have fallen through. But on a side note. Love Wurm Assistant. Used it back when I played Wurm Online, and looking forward to what's to come. Thank you very much for looking into this.

Every so often when starting up WA, it only loads a few of the features. The rest error, with the following info. 

Spoiler

[15:28:39] > Info > BackupManager > Data backup system has been locked.
[15:28:39] > Info > AppMigrationsManager > Wurm Assistant data is at version 2. No upgrade required.
[15:28:40] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Timers.TimersFeature > irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.
[15:28:40] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Calendar.CalendarFeature > irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.
[15:28:40] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Triggers.TriggersFeature > irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.
[15:28:40] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.SoundManager.SoundManagerFeature > irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.
[15:28:40] > Error > FeaturesManager > Unable to resolve IFeature named AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Granger.GrangerFeature > irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.
[15:28:40] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
[15:28:40] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
[15:28:40] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
[15:28:40] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Skill Stats
[15:28:40] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
[15:28:40] > Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 86, BuildStamp: 27/05/2017 00:57:50 +02:00

Restarting the program and the PC don't seem to make a difference. However, after a few days of this, it randomly starts working. This has happened 4-5 times since January, at a guess. What's the cause of this? What can I do to prevent it?

I'm not sure exactly, but this error is sound related. I suspect you might have another audio device sometimes plugged into your PC and it somehow conflicts with sound system of WA. Try experimenting with this, I would love some more feedback.

In the meantime, I'll try adding a workaround, so that features don't crash due to this, just no sound will work.

18 hours ago, Aldur said:

I'm not sure exactly, but this error is sound related. I suspect you might have another audio device sometimes plugged into your PC and it somehow conflicts with sound system of WA. Try experimenting with this, I would love some more feedback.

In the meantime, I'll try adding a workaround, so that features don't crash due to this, just no sound will work.

Yeah, I have a headset I have plugged in sometimes, occasionally my son uses his headset, and sometimes nothing is plugged in. I unplugged my headset to use 2 USB slots for some mobile power banks (hello Pokemon Go, and your battery-eating habits) and didn't plug my headset back in. 

With no audio devices plugged in, I got the error.

When I unplugged a power bank, and plugged my headset in, WA starts up properly.

With the headset plugged in, and the power bank plugged into a different slot, it starts up properly. 

With the headset unplugged again, WA starts with the error I reported earlier. 

So, you're right, it's most definitely related to the sound device being plugged in. This being the cause of the problem is something I would never have thought of, as I play without sound in 95% of my games, and my volume control is only ever used for when I'm on comms.

Thank you for the help, Aldur. I'll just leave my headset plugged in. =)

• Like 1

Where can I find your donation button? I'd like to buy you a beer or two.

• Like 1

No more donation button, sorry. But you can drink in my name! :P 

23 minutes ago, Aldur said:

No more donation button, sorry. But you can drink in my name! :P 

How come? I'd love to donate to the cause, this tool is amazing, it has helped me and my wife enjoy Wurm to the maximum. We want to see it continue.

Don't worry about it. I am still maintaining the app, it just goes slower because of lots of other work recently... and summer. :) No need to donate anything. :) 

• Like 1

Appreciation for you efforts abound no matter what rate it comes at buddy. Some people just wish they could show it with cashmoney apparently :P

• Like 1

Hello friends. I've come across a bug. I'm not sure what to make of it but i would appreciate any help i can get.

The WA log as follow : processing creature cancelled, AH skill or server group unknown for player Ownin (skill:  ; server: Name: WYVERN REBORN, WebStatsUrl: , ServerGroup: SERVERSCOPED:WYVERN REBORN

Im wondering what are the steps i can take to run the client smoothly, it doesnt seem to register any of my characters on any servers.

I think its my computer but ive used my laptop with the same result.

CANT PROCESS CREATURE

Server or AH skill level unknown for "PLAYERNAME." If WA was just started, give it a few seconds.

Edited by Joemadly

Is it possible to use Wurm Assistant to track timers in both WO and WU at the same time?  How do you change the logfile path for a custom server group?

question, later on, will u be adding in cows/sheep/bison/hell horses and what not to the list? I like using Granger lot x3

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

odd since the new update for WU I keep getting this error [17:38:45] > Info > PrayerTimer > could not establish server for this server group, timerID: Prayer, group: Prayer, player:

I can start both the Online and Unlimited WA only once after installation  using the launcher. First launch will download the packs and start fine. If I try to start again I get a file not found error. What can be wrong here?

Log below. 

Spoiler

Local version is: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 87, BuildStamp: 2017.10.01. 22:49:34 +02:00
Obtaining latest version for build stable-win
Latest version for build stable-win is: 87
Target version is already installed.
Error at TryRunWurmAssistant: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Modules.ProcessRunner.Start(String filePath, String args) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Modules\ProcessRunner.cs:line 18
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Contracts.InstallLocation.RunWurmAssistant(String buildNumber) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Contracts\InstallLocation.cs:line 62
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Root.LaunchController.TryRunWurmAssistant(IInstallLocation installLocation, String targetBuildNumber) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Root\LaunchController.cs:line 249Error while attempting to start Wurm Assistant: The system cannot find the file specified
Could not start WA for version: MinorVersion: , BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 87, BuildStamp: 0001.01.01. 0:00:00 +00:00
Error at TryRunWurmAssistant: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Modules.ProcessRunner.Start(String filePath, String args) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Modules\ProcessRunner.cs:line 18
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Contracts.InstallLocation.RunWurmAssistant(String buildNumber) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Contracts\InstallLocation.cs:line 62
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.Root.LaunchController.TryRunWurmAssistant(IInstallLocation installLocation, String targetBuildNumber) in C:\Dev-vcs\Github\WurmAssistant3\src\Launchers\LauncherV2\WurmAssistant.Launcher\Root\LaunchController.cs:line 249Error while attempting to start Wurm Assistant: The system cannot find the file specified

Hi Jaz. I suspect antivirus, please try adding launcher folder to exclusions and see if the issue persists.

Luka, I'm sorry but I don't know what might be cause of this. I doubt it's the update (nothing changed in timers). Maybe server group is set incorrectly? The log says "group: prayer", that doesn't seem right.

yeh, it's telling me it can't find my character on the server I play on, it worked before they updated WU now it doesn't like it.

A fantastic and indispensable tool in my Wurm life.

All I could ask would be the ability to choose the color of the timers to make them easier to distinguish at a glance.

Been getting quite a few issues lately, not sure if it's something I did or what but here's a few of the errors when trying to update horses for example (only edited character name to "Charname")

edit: May have been a rogue wurm assistant process running in the background that may have caused the issues.. Seems ok again for now.

Spoiler

> Info > GrangerFeature > processing creature cancelled, AH skill or server group unknown for player Charname (skill:  ; server: 
> Error > WurmApi > ScanJobExecutor: Error during scan job execution, search params: CharacterName: CHARNAME, LogType: Skills, DateFrom: 2017-08-02 08:27:42, DateTo: 2017-10-31 08:27:42, PmCharacterName:  > Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

> Error > GrangerFeature > Error at updating Animal Husbandry skill for Charname > Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Edited by raidsoft

Hey Aldur,  Great app.  Your work is very much appreciated!

Q:  (tl:dr entire thread)   Is there a known issue when updating a critter that it does not recognize the Father and mother no longer exist?   Or, was this fixed and I didn't notice?

Thanks!

Mal

Hi Mal. I recall a fix so thay WA would not remove parents of creatures, even if they are dead. If that is what youre asking.

Keenan confirmed that parent is still there, even if no longer shown on examine.

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

Hi Mal. I recall a fix so thay WA would not remove parents of creatures, even if they are dead. If that is what youre asking.

Keenan confirmed that parent is still there, even if no longer shown on examine.

I have been breeding using the old notion that if the parents die, the siblings are no longer siblings.  I must be lucky, as the majority of my births are a straight transfer of traits.

(that is, if there is an undocumented lineage that persists...)

I've been doing it wrong and getting the right results.