Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but if the person casting genesis isn't on the granger list, a genesis flag isn't set. This is even with someone on the granger list nearby hearing the cast. The last time I had this issue was a while ago as I added the caster to the list.

Rather than deleting the animal, you can just edit and uncheck the trait removed.This can save any custom info that might have been entered like birthday or notes.

I know you don't do much feature additions anymore, but a couple idea:

• like the smileexamine column, having the first time an animal was examined would be nice, maybe just in the comments field.
  • Is there any way to use the "[11:34:54] The young <name> has arrived" or "[15:38:49] The venerable fat Zoerain gives birth to the young Callgrey!" events. Though the second one you need to be pretty close.

Possibly a bug that I haven't seen it mentioned, granger no longer records death events for my bison which all have been named. It still works for horses and hell horses that I don't name. I have the branding name part of name option checked.

I got a crash yesterday and wurm assistant wont start since,at first it told me to redo the settings.. did that,now i get this error

Spoiler

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when reading JSON. Path 'timerDefinitions.f1238677-3139-41ba-bbee-3b61186a11ab', line 34, position 147.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAndAssert()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary(IDictionary dictionary, JsonReader reader, JsonDictionaryContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)

Spoiler

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error! 

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: obj
   at AldursLab.Persistence.Simple.PersistentObject..ctor(String id, Object obj) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Common\Persistence.Simple\PersistentObject.cs:line 19
   at AldursLab.Persistence.Simple.ObjectSet.GetOrCreate[T](String objectId) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Common\Persistence.Simple\ObjectSet.cs:line 67
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Areas.Main.Data.MainDataContext..ctor(IPersistentContextProvider persistentContextProvider) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Areas\Main\Data\MainDataContext.cs:line 18
   at DynamicInjectorb10f864587034b2ea615a4e7fec8beb6(Object[] )
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()
   at Ninject.KernelBase.<>c__DisplayClass15.<Resolve>b__f(IBinding binding)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.GetValue(Type service, IContext parent)
   at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.ResolveWithin(IContext parent)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.GetValue(IContext context, ITarget target)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Create>b__2(ITarget target)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()
   at Ninject.KernelBase.<>c__DisplayClass15.<Resolve>b__f(IBinding binding)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.GetInstance(Type service, String key) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:line 331
   at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.DisplayRootViewFor(Type viewModelType, IDictionary`2 settings)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.<OnStartup>b__5_0() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:line 109
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.HandleExceptions(Action action) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:line 127

i did redownloaded it..nothing works.

Edited by Jonydowy

I'll look into this today.

Could you zip the entire %localappdata%\AldursLab directory and send it to me?

I'll try to fix this issue so you won't lose all your settings.

Thank you for sending the files. 

I have found the reason for crash and a fix for it will arrive soon.

However many of the data files are corrupted beyond fixing. Unless you have a backup, you might have lost triggers, timers, your herds and even sounds.

I am very surprised this happened, I have rolled a fix for this exact issue months ago and was convinced it is fixed (even tested by repeatedly crashing test machines).

But clearly it's still possible and you've already mentioned it has happened during PC crash. So within next few weeks, I will find some additional time to fix this properly and move all data into a proper database.

I'm sorry if you lost a lot of stuff.

PS. Do you have an SSD? Does that SSD have some "speed enhancing" setting turned on? (like the Samsung RAPID)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Thank you for looking in to it,first i didn't lose any data.. i was only using it for prays and med and no i do not have SSD just a simple hard drive.I will try reinstal wum and delete any data of wurm assistan and redownload it.. maybe it will work,who knows.

Looking forward to the fix.

Thank you!

It is working again..I did absolutely nothing..I was like.. well lets try one last time and after that I'll just put timers ingame.

\o/

I guess my fix might have required reseting wurm config, which you probably did that last time, right? :)

Anyway, glad it is fixed!

I didnt do anything to wurm..not last time and not now either..not sure what changed from last night when i last tried it.

I have decided not to change how the data is stored, because it's too much tricky work and I don't want to risk any more issues for anyone.

Instead, I have simply added a proper backup and restore feature to Wurm Assistant.

By default, WA will do one backup a day and keep a history of last 7 days (or last 5 backups, if there isn't more). Should anything happen to the data, any backup can be restored from under Options menu -> Manage Wurm Assistant data backups.

It should arrive within few hours.

• Like 1

Updated the roadmap: https://trello.com/b/FlIPQ7TW/wurm-assistant-roadmap

To make things easy, I'll be putting things on these 4 lists.

"Bugs" and "Features on to-do" will be done, the rest won't (by me) but can be included when/if someone makes a plugin.

If it's not on the list, either it's already done or one should post it again. ;)

When in doubt about the state of any request, please consult the roadmap.

Last known bugs fixed today:

• Bugfix for not flagging creature deaths in Granger, if they have previously been branded and renamed.
  • Bugfix for genesis cast not being recognized, when cast by another nearby character.

Aldur there any way to code it so when ya lead a horse  so it highlights it in assistant so ya can see who it can be breed with

Beta R155 released, new custom creature colors can now be added in Granger.

Stable R68 released, with the custom creature colors and some bugfixes.

This was the last planned feature update for this year. From now on, I'm doing only bugfixes. Please don't spam me with new ideas, if you can resist it. :)

Happy wurming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

Stable R68 released, with the custom creature colors and some bugfixes.

This was the last planned feature update for this year. From now on, I'm doing only bugfixes. Please don't spam me with new ideas, if you can resist it. :)

Happy wurming!

Any time I try to launch this since update 68 it just crashes to desktop, no warnings given (it downloaded the update first). Trying to run the stable windows version for Wurm Online. 

Doesn't matter whether I run it as admin or not. 

The Wurm Unlimited version runs fine. 

Rebooted my PC a few times and got the WO version working - thanks! 

Edited by Stargrace

/me eagerly awaits 12:00am on January 1st to post more ideas before anyone else can!

Thanks for all the continued support, Aldur, I still use your app to this day and it's simply amazing :)

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Aldur,

I have been getting the following error message when I try to start WA for the past week or so (even after a download of v69 today):

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error!

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'ae8ae0dc-b8f8-43cd-b594-11985e9e5a34.mp3' is denied.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Systems.DataBackups.BackupManager.TrimOldDataBackups(TimeSpan treshholdTime) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Systems\DataBackups\BackupManager.cs:line 100
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.<OnStartup>b__4_0() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:line 123
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.HandleExceptions(Action action) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:line 151

I noticed that someone above was having the same trouble, and you said you fixed the issue. I'm not sure what's going on. As with the other person, my PC has been rebooted multiple times, but obviously without the same affect. Something I'm curious about is the reference to: C:\TeamCity\... ; which I can't seem to locate on my PC. Any suggestions?

I really enjoy using WA, and kind of feel naked in game without it.  

Alendhor

My suspicion is as usual, overzealous antivirus software. Try to add WA folder to exceptions. In meantime, I'll check if it may be anything else.

The Teamcity path is a bit confusing, it's a byproduct of including debugging symbols - it shows paths from the pc where exe was built. :)

PS. It's also possible the file is blocked by some multimedia library software you might be using.

PPS. If you verify this was antivirus related, could you tell me which one you are using?

Edited by Aldur

I tried adding the folder to my exceptions list, and tried inbound/outbound rules for the firewall, but there was no change. I'm fairly certain I'm not using any multimedia software, unless it's native to Win 7, and the only software I've installed recently was VMware Player to attempt a virtual network for a class I'm taking. I installed that about 3 weeks ago, about a week or so before WA decided to go belly up. Unfortunately, I'm not really very good with software, so I don't really have a clue what's going on.

I have made a change in the latest beta R159 and stable R70 (should arrive soon)

•  Failing to delete an old backup will no longer crash the app, an error will be logged instead.

Please check if this change enables you to use WA again.

The logged error will show you an exact path to the problematic backup, please try to remove it manually - maybe a reason is a corrupted file or something of this sort.

Edited by Aldur

Found bug has to do with Granger. and the Monitor Event from players {bill bob and max}

Some reason its showing up  as a Button1 and seem to not be working. where the check box before did

87b9f74f2d5eb3c35e00ca6438239f83.png

That's the evil button1 bug, thou I have slain it just now.

Explanation:

Spoiler

When you accidentally click a button on a GUI designer, it pops in that spot, on top of everything.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1