Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Since a few months now, I'm trying to nail the issue, where WA stops updating things after it runs for a longer period of time. This has been reported by a few players.

Problem is, I have not had this issue happen even once. I'm running WA in the background, while wurming, sometimes for many days straight without restart. It has always worked spot on.

So I would like for everyone, who experience this issue, to provide me with as much information, as you can. I need things that might set apart your use case from mine, eg.:

• happening in WA for WO or WU or both?
  • features you use,
  • number of timers or triggers, number of characters you have active in these features at once,
  • servers you play on, freedom / epic? any custom server groups?
  • is the pc going to sleep / hibernation between issues?
  • is there anything fishy in the WA log output?
  • check your Wurm logs, are these events always logged right after logging in? maybe they are worded differently than these examples?:
    • x other players are online. You are on y (z totally in Wurm).
    • The server has been up x hours and y minutes.
    • Wurm calendar date, eg: It is 04:26:38 on day of Sleep in week 2 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1054.
  • which logging mode do you use, daily or monthly?
  • run the wurm client config validator (from WA options), does it report any issue?

I have just ran into the issue, where WA settings may get corrupted (it has already happened to one player). It was purely by accident on my build server, but now I understand this is all because of file system buffering. This may happen only, if the PC crashes, loses power etc. and is not very likely. However, it does cause the file data to be lost completely.

The fix is not trivial, I would definitely not recommend disabling this feature in windows, it makes everything run faster.

I will instead try to move all settings to an actual database, instead of plain files in file system. It's a fair bit of coding, so not sure if/when that happens. Until then, I recommend all power users to make backups of the whole %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData and %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData. Might save you a lot of extra work in recreating all settings.

-----------------

I have finally managed to stumble upon the situation, where WA stops updating timers. I still don't know what makes it happen, but will be rolling some beta updates to track it down. If someone stumbles on it, please send me the "verbose" log from that WA session.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

I am having trouble getting the prayer and meditation timers to work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The check settings says OK. The parser keeps coming up with timestamp errors though.

The pets, skill tracker and calendar work fine. I've tried resetting cache.

I only just started using this, so hasn't been running long.

Edit: after several prayers(over hours), I finally got a faith increase and the timer reset. The meditation window still doesn't update even with meditation skill gains. I am not far enough along to have chosen a path yet.

Edited by Kelody

Thanks, seems like a bug with negative alignment levels.

The rest of the messages: unsupported irc logs, unsupported custom kingdom logs, and the warns beginning at 2016/01/08 02:08:01.608, I have no clue what the heck they are. ;)

i run the in game IRC windows, always want WA Log searcher to use these.

and Black legion and GL Black legion are PMK chat windows

I have no plans to enable support for these, as irc requires different parsing and pmk log files are not uniquely identified as so.

Edited by Aldur

I looked through several pages but didn't see any mention of this, is there a way to force WA to read the skill dump. I play characters on multiple machines, and when I load them on the machine with WA they don't update their skills unless I do a task with every skill gained. I have tried re-launching Wurm and WA multiple times, I have always save character skills on. It works great when playing on 1 machine.

I have 2 screens hooked to my PC. I have WA with all the tools that I use open on the 2nd screen.

I would like to know if there is a way to have the "reminders" popup on the screen that WA or the Timers Windows is on because I cannot see them while in game.

Kelody, I don't understand, what is the problem? If you mean, that you login same character on multiple machines, then each machine has only logs for that machine. You can check FAQ for advise on dropbox-based synchronization for WA + Wurm Client, that is all that's available atm to solve the issue.

KillerSpike, the popups always show on main screen. I am no longer adding features to the project, so it's unlikely to change.

20 hours ago, Aldur said:

Kelody, I don't understand, what is the problem? If you mean, that you login same character on multiple machines, then each machine has only logs for that machine. You can check FAQ for advise on dropbox-based synchronization for WA + Wurm Client, that is all that's available atm to solve the issue.

I don't wish to run WA on multiple computers. When Wurm quits, it saves a dump of character skills. It's one of the options WA checks for is turned on. I was just asking if it's possible to force WA to read that dump, as it doesn't seem to be doing so.

I have just verified that WA reads latest skill dumps on my test machine.

Please tell me precisely, how are you playing Wurm and using Wurm Assistant and which features are not responding correctly to levels coming from skill dump.

Also, are you copying dumps from one machine to the other?

Kelody, do I understand correctly, that what you actually need, is for WA to pick up new skill dump values, without having to restart the app?

If so, I have checked the code, it is indeed not supporting such situation, but I can make it work, as I think it's a bug.

Update: Unfortunately, it's never as easy as it seems to be. I can fix this at the Api, but the timers still ask for a skill just once. I'm adding this to the to-do board.

Zakerak, for such a requirement, custom timer should do the trick.

Edited by Aldur

I have restarted both Wurm (with the character that used the other PC) and WA. I was specifically watching Faith for updates. I will do more testing to see when/if I can get it to update.

Hey Kelody, 2 days ago I've noticed, that skill dump values are not being used, if there is a recent gain of this skill in the logs. I've since rebuilt that part a bit and now the earliest value will be fetched, regardless where it comes from. Also made it so that new skill dumps are automatically picked up by WA, without the need to restart.

So in short, it should fix your issue.

Rolled it out in latest beta, cause I'm not 100% sure if I didn't break something in the process. Will appreciate some confirmation. ;) 

• Like 1

Aldur, is it possible to add into triggers, sounds, a way to stop the currently playing music upon a trigger?   I wanted to play a theme when I enter a certain town, and stop the music when I leave. 

Hi Nomad. I don't have time to do this at the moment, but will keep in mind for the future.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with WA3. I created a meditation timer and it recognizes that I meditated and it counts those, but it's not pulling in my skill or starting a countdown after I meditate. Is there a way to fix this? 

Aldur, one quick question. I have gone through and upped the volume on my sounds to max yet they are still much softer than before. Many of them are handmade sounds (text to speech of the output actually) and I can't seem to make them any louder in the audio editor. They are at 95% to avoid clipping. Is there something external I can do to make them louder outside of audio editing? 

PS: I tried the sound panel (down by the clock) and other thing (damn Windows 10 notification) will bling very loudly and I jump out of my skin. LOL

it's come a long way since i last checked it out, nice work.
I found myself wishing it could process the combat log
..going to integrate it with my gameplay, well done and thank you

Edited by Steveleeb

Hi folks.

In the coming months, perhaps indefinitely, I will not be very active on the forum or in the game. Replies to anything non critical will be rather sparse. Updates to WA will also be small and far in-between. It's all mainly because I'm investing my time into other, more practical projects, as I don't see much point in expanding WA any further.

Additionally, I'm dropping any attempts at making WA run on Linux/Mac, as it is going nowhere. If I stick to Windows, I'll be at least able to fix a couple pending issues.

I would also like to thank everyone, who helped building WA into it's current feature set. :)

22 hours ago, Audrel said:

Aldur, one quick question. I have gone through and upped the volume on my sounds to max yet they are still much softer than before. Many of them are handmade sounds (text to speech of the output actually) and I can't seem to make them any louder in the audio editor. They are at 95% to avoid clipping. Is there something external I can do to make them louder outside of audio editing? 

PS: I tried the sound panel (down by the clock) and other thing (damn Windows 10 notification) will bling very loudly and I jump out of my skin. LOL

A 100% global + 100% on a single sound should be equal to WA 2 default level. If that's still not enough, you can adjust individual apps in windows sound mixer.

16 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

it's come a long way since i last checked it out, nice work.
I found myself wishing it could process the combat log during a unique kill (number of hits per person, etc)
I'm still going to integrate it with my gameplay, well done and thank you

Combat Assistant can do that for you.

• Like 2

A few months back WA stopped working, so I gave up on it, trying to get it to work now but I am getting ugly errors and have no idea what I am doing wrong;

Spoiler

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error! 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'irrKlang.NET4.dll'
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Areas.SoundManager.Modules.Irrklang.IrrklangSoundEngineProxy..ctor()
   at DynamicInjector0f92eb6e5e1b43f8a074ddd0d60aab43(Object[] )
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)
   at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()
   at Ninject.KernelBase.<Resolve>c__AnonStorey48.<>m__7B(IBinding binding)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.GetValue(Type service, IContext parent)
   at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.ResolveWithin(IContext parent)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.GetValue(IContext context, ITarget target)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.<Create>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__C(ITarget target)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<CastIterator>d__94`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.Get[T](IResolutionRoot root, IParameter[] parameters)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Areas.SoundManager.SoundManagerSetup.<>c.<Bind>b__0_0(IContext context) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Areas\SoundManager\SoundManagerSetup.cs:line 39
   at Ninject.Activation.Providers.CallbackProvider`1.CreateInstance(IContext context)
   at Ninject.Activation.Provider`1.Create(IContext context)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Areas.Features.Modules.FeaturesManager.Initialize() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Areas\Features\Modules\FeaturesManager.cs:line 34
   at Ninject.Activation.Strategies.InitializableStrategy.<Activate>m__13(IInitializable x)
   at Ninject.Activation.InstanceReference.IfInstanceIs[T](Action`1 action)
   at Ninject.Activation.Strategies.InitializableStrategy.Activate(IContext context, InstanceReference reference)
   at Ninject.Activation.Pipeline.<Activate>c__AnonStoreyC.<>m__19(IActivationStrategy s)
   at Ninject.Infrastructure.Language.ExtensionsForIEnumerableOfT.Map[T](IEnumerable`1 series, Action`1 action)
   at Ninject.Activation.Pipeline.Activate(IContext context, InstanceReference reference)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.Get[T](IResolutionRoot root, IParameter[] parameters)
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Root.CoreBootstrapper.Bootstrap() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Root\CoreBootstrapper.cs:line 151
   at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Root.MainForm.InitTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Root\MainForm.cs:line 284