Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

On 11/25/2015, 4:06:18, Aldur said:

I have updated launcher again and finally moved update service to Azure. Also changed launcher, so that it can pick new location, should it need to move again.

Launcher errors should now be gone.

The latest launcher version is 1.0.4.0, can be checked in wurmassistantlauncher.version file.

i have confirmed my version is 1.0.4.0 but I still get the launcher error that it cannot find the update server (or something like that).

I either didn't click a correct link, or did something wrong, but no matter what I've tried doesn't seem to remove this error on launching WA3.

19 hours ago, Zera said:

i have confirmed my version is 1.0.4.0 but I still get the launcher error that it cannot find the update server (or something like that).

I either didn't click a correct link, or did something wrong, but no matter what I've tried doesn't seem to remove this error on launching WA3.

Could you show the exact error message? I've been checking and the new site was not down at all since I've moved there.

Try unzipping the launcher to new dir and checking if it works there. It might be trying old url for some reason?

Ok, for Foal stage support, I will need a foal log message, which shows during examine. It seems creatures have different ones.

I am now adding one for calfs. Please send whatever else might be missing.

Example examine for calf:

[01:59:09] This calf looks happy and free.

20 hours ago, Aldur said:

Could you show the exact error message? I've been checking and the new site was not down at all since I've moved there.

Try unzipping the launcher to new dir and checking if it works there. It might be trying old url for some reason?

This is what displays in the launcher:

11/27/2015 7:44:49 PM > Local version is: MinorVersion: 3.0, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 1, BuildStamp: 11/18/2015 12:21:20 AM +01:00
11/27/2015 7:44:49 PM > Obtaining latest version for build stable-win
11/27/2015 7:44:52 PM > Launcher failed to check latest WA version of build stable-win. Error: An error occurred while sending the request. > The remote name could not be resolved: 'wurmassistant.aldurslab.net'

17 hours ago, Aldur said:

Ok, for Foal stage support, I will need a foal log message, which shows during examine. It seems creatures have different ones.

I am now adding one for calfs. Please send whatever else might be missing.

Example examine for calf:

[01:59:09] This calf looks happy and free.

This was all I was able to obtain for Bison "foal".

[13:19:14] The bison are impressive creatures when moving in hordes.

[13:19:14] Mother is Aged bison 'Rebecca'. Father is Aged bison 'Timothy'.

Which from what I see, isn't any different than what my Aged Bison says. So I can't help but wonder if there is anyway to determine the difference in Bison? Or perhaps they don't have a foal stage, similar to the Hell Horse.

Sheep specifies Lamb instead of Sheep for their "Foal" stage.

Or on examine:

[17:04:29] You smile at Young lamb

[17:04:30] A small cuddly ball of fluff.

Edited by Zera

" wurmassistant.aldurslab.net "

This url no longer exists, it should be trying wurmassistant.azurewebsites.net

Did you try running it from a different directory?

PS. Thanks for the sheep. ;)

Edited by Aldur

44 minutes ago, Aldur said:

" wurmassistant.aldurslab.net "

This url no longer exists, it should be trying wurmassistant.azurewebsites.net

Did you try running it from a different directory?

PS. Thanks for the sheep. ;)

I have now, and it appears to start up without trouble/errors. Strange I had to 'install' to a new location entirely to get it to run this way, when I had overwritten every file of the previous version of WA3

I was counting on that, I know what's wrong and can fix it. Thanks! :)

the crafting assistant is for only some skills?

im improving a spirit cottage and only says when repair

is needed, not when rock shard or stone chisel are needed.

thanks for this tool, my favorite is the triggers, ive put some

weird sounds in there for some rare events, and it never fails to startle me

when it goes off. lol

• Like 1

Seems that each improving category has different log events, so not everything yet works.

If you can send me those events, I'll plug them in.

All I need is the message that indicates a tool. Eg.

"You will want to polish the lamp with a pelt before you improve it."

ok imping a spirit cottage. so i guess masonry.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[04:18:43] The spirit cottage could be improved with a rock shards.

[04:20:55] The spirit cottage has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel.

i imped with the assistant for like 10 minutes, so i think it changed between rock shards

and stone chisel at least 2 or 3 times while using it, and all i ever saw was when repair

was needed.

Edited by Griffith

ok never mind on rock shards. it does work. i logged in to retest and they do show. i dont

know why i didnt see them before.

Might be some glitch in there, I'll try masonry in a couple days and keep an eye on it.

Added stone chisel, will try to push new beta build today.

• Like 1

New beta rolled out, with some minor fixes.

New launcher 1.0.5.0 - bugfix for the url issue and dropped DEV because it was useless.

Edited by Aldur

Youtube showcase videos feedback is appreciated, but I kindly ask to avoid downvoting, or I will take them down. Thank you!

For the Skill Monitor(which im loving) would it be possible to get a setting change to allow more places in the average gain per hour/total gain?

Fishing at 99.992 needs to be a little more specific with numbers :P

Edited by Nicrolis

Done, it's now 6 decimal places. :)

Also added fight skill stats for combat assistant.

Both in Beta

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Avast is at it again, Aldur. Now it is the deep screen when updating the sound system you use. It throws some kind of error because of Avast but then will continue on with the install and the sounds still work. I am guessing it's using the older codec or there is no actual change in the sound system at all? I dunno. I can't pin down the error because Avast won't let me copy it and it closes on its own and continues on without a log. It does tell me it blocked 8 malwares in the past 30 days. I'm thinking it thinks this sound system is malware? Once it skips them, however, the program runs fine as ever. And I absolutely love the new features!

Except it combat thing... it says... "Audrel! You suck! Go chop down a tree with that sword. Make that 20 trees." :lol: LOL It's really sad to see how much I miss!

• Like 1

I have good news and bad news for non-windows Wurmians.

Done a few code changes, then tested on Ubuntu under WINE with latest Mono (4.5.6).

Good news: WA ran on Ubuntu, some things even worked!

Bad news: The rest didn't. :)

The main hard to solve issues are:

• The fancy Grid I'm using in Triggers, Granger and all new features, just doesn't show any rows. :huh:
  • The sound engine, Irrklang failed to run under Mono, even with VC Redist. Throws some completely useless error message as usual with native code, heheh... Managed to plug in a built in .NET sound engine, it worked without crashing, but got no sounds actually playing. Might be because it was virtual machine though.
  • The GUI is just totally messed up at some places. The little odd "traypopup" window, which helps handle all WA popups, doesn't hide like in Windows (don't close it! just minimize or no popups).

I don't think I'll be able to resolve these issues without major rewrites and I don't have any time for these.

There is still possibility, that installing full .NET under WINE could solve some or all of the above issues. Unfortunately I could not do it, required .NET is 4.5, WINE recommends installing 2.0 up to 4.5 and my installs crashed at 3.0. Again, maybe it's because virtual machine.

If anyone feels like it, give it a shot (go for Beta builds), but the way it looks, I think WA on Linux will remain a dream.

------------

Audrel, I'm really worried this Avast will break your OS one day. Maybe it's time to try something else? :)

Yeah, I was just about to ask in off-topic sections for recommendations. Avast is headed in a way I don't like. It does not even tell you what it blocked. Without this information, if there was a real attempt to compromise the system, you have no idea what is trying to get in which means you can't avoid it in the future. It says 8 viruses blocked in the past 30 days. I go to the same places online that I have gone for years, nearly all of them forums. Something isn't adding up - as in a perceived threat might persuade some to buy the next higher licensing tier. It even had issues with Classic Shell yesterday. Time to find another AV. 

I've had decent experiences with Kaspersky and Bitdefender, both paid versions. The latter had almost no false positives and they seem to consistently score well on detection benchmarks. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Aldur, 

First I want to thank you for the wonderful program  you've made for Wurm Online. It has made so many things much easier for me in Wurm. I think the concept of the crafting assistant is brilliant. 

I want to report my findings while using the crafting assistant widget when I was doing some improvements with ship building. It seems that it properly detects when the ship needs 'some more log' and just a 'log', but it doesn't seem to be able to properly detect when it needs any other tool for improving the ship. Here are some event messages if this might help you:

[11:59:32] You must use a mallet on the knarr in order to improve it.

[12:00:07] You will want to polish the knarr with a pelt to improve it.

[12:00:25] You notice some notches you must carve away in order to improve the knarr.

[12:01:27] You must use a file to smooth out the knarr in order to improve it.

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide you with, or if I may be doing something incorrectly. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Edit: It will also update to reflect when I need to repair the ship.

Edited by Drakeling
  • Like 1

Thank you Drakeling!

I have added these and will arrive with Beta #50 in a couple minutes. :)