Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

can we get a download link that works?

Edited by ayylmao

I haven't been able to get the launcher to work at all for quite a while now.  When I launch any of the launcher exe files, explorer simply displays the wait cursor and nothing happens.  The explorer window used to launch the exe is unusable at that point and the process has to be restarted to recover.  There are no error messages, and nothing in the event logs.

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, 16gb ram.  I have .Net 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, and 4.6 installed.

I am able to compile the source and run the application itself, but not the launcher.

Have you checked yet if antivirus didn't block it? This sounds exactly like the issues we've had just few days ago.

My antivirus isn't showing any indication that it's blocking execution of the launcher.  If it helps, I"m running Avast! free version.

UPDATE: I have added the entire folder that contains the new launcher to the exclusion list for Avast! and the launcher now works.  This is obviously not ideal.

Edited by Ricowan

It's not my fault avast is (so far) the only antivirus that not only blocks my app, but won't even show a notification about it.

For example, I've ran WA on PC's with bitdefender (free and full) and avira, even with high heuristics they didn't require any exclusions and didn't raise any concerns.

I would like to point out nobody is forced to use WA. Don't like it, don't use it.

I downloaded the new WA and was able to export my herds and import them successfully. However, when I smile/examine to add new horses it doesn't actually add them to the herds. Nor does it seem to update existing horses. What might be the problem?

Hmm, is the herd selected and the correct player added to the "tracked" list on top of the window (just like in WA2)?

If yes, then check WA log for message "current server unknown" with your game character or any issues coming from Granger.

Hmm, is the herd selected and the correct player added to the "tracked" list on top of the window (just like in WA2)?

If yes, then check WA log for message "current server unknown" with your game character or any issues coming from Granger.

That might be it... I didn't think to add tracked players! I will give that I go and see if it remedies the situation. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Yep, that would be the problem. Thanks again!

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

Cant get timers to stay on top, iv checked the widget view box but still wont work... anyone know what might be wrong?

• Like 1

Cant get timers to stay on top, iv checked the widget view box but still wont work... anyone know what might be wrong?

I am running Full screen windowed and mine has never "Stay on Top". The notifications does not popup either.   Not even on WA2.

I just learned to live with it. WA is such a helpful tool that a simple issue like this is not going to stop me using it. 

• Like 1

Keeno, you must switch the timers window to the widget (middle mouse button, or alternatively ctrl + right button over the window).

I am running Full screen windowed and mine has never "Stay on Top". The notifications does not popup either.   Not even on WA2.

I just learned to live with it. WA is such a helpful tool that a simple issue like this is not going to stop me using it. 

I run full screen windowed as well but when i switch to anything else it still wont work.

Keeno, you must switch the timers window to the widget (middle mouse button, or alternatively ctrl + right button over the window).

Middle mouse and ctrl+right click does nothing for me :/

I can tell you only, that for me timers widget mode is always on top, short of true fullscreen wurm client. The popups usually stay on top, even if using full-screen apps like a video player.

I've had that consistently on XP, Win7, 8, 8.1 now Win10 over the last few years, on at least 4 different PCs. :) I really have no clue what might be wrong.

Yea not a big deal still works great, added a sound to notify me timers up and that should be enough. Thanks for making WA :D!

The posting is fixed in Toolbelt, just in time to show 3 new features, available in Beta R30.

Crafting Assistant.

Parser for Reveal Creatures.

Skill statistics and real time monitor.

Another feature will arrive soon - a combat log parser, in a slightly cut version of the original plans, but should still be useful.

Combat parser will be last major feature for a long while.

After it's completed, I will only do minor improvements to new features (as per requests) and bugfixes.

I will soon also release WurmApi library.

Edited by Aldur
Youtube embeds fixes
  • Like 5

I especially like the skill stats feature :> I can see myself using that a lot! Awesome as always.

I'm still not sure that the Granger of WA3 is updating properly. I have a few Horses that are beyond the foal stage, and into Young Horse or Adolescent Horse, but are still being tracked as Young/Adolescent Foals.

Foals can't be hitched to carts or ridden, but horses can. :P My Young/Adolescents in question are hitched right now, but are still labelled Foals in the Granger.

This appears to be occurring with other animals as well, such as cows.

Edited by Zera

5 hours ago, Aldur said:

The posting is fixed in Toolbelt, just in time to show 3 new features, available in Beta R30.

Crafting Assistant.

Parser for Reveal Creatures.

Skill statistics and real time monitor

Another feature will arrive soon - a combat log parser, in a slightly cut version of the original plans, but should still be useful.

Combat parser will be last major feature for a long while.

After it's completed, I will only do minor improvements to new features (as per requests) and bugfixes.

I will soon also release WurmApi library.

Can you extend the reveal creatures parser to the "Get info" action from PoK?

Ubuntu

A good package to unzip with is 7zip:

Just click a mirror and run it in your Software Centre.

Run Wine Config

Applications tab

Add Application

Browse to and select Wurm Assistant 3.exe file.

Then try figure out what dlls it relies upon.

Error

L0Xu55d.png

Installing Complete Mono runtime:

"Dependency is not satisfied: mono runtime(=3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1.1)"

No option to install.

Edited by Baloo

Can we add a Prayer counter similar to the Meditation one?

New features look interesting :)

The widget mode timers window doesn't stay over my wurm game window anymore ever since i updated my nvidia graphics drivers.  Wurm is still in windowed fullscreen mode, but the widget mode timers are forced behind the game window now.  This is the case for both WA2 and WA3.  Not sure if you could figure out some kind of fix, but if so, I would be eternally grateful. 

In the meantime, I'll have to use audio cues to let me know when my meditate/lockpick/prayer timers become available

Edited by Alexgopen

Hosting changes - launchers need update

I've started moving out of my current hosting, this forced me to change url that launcher uses for getting updates.

Please download and replace your launchers with the latest version.

Old launchers will show an error "The remote name could not be resolved".

Windowed fullscreen issue

Alexgopen - this isn't fixable on my part, the way wurm windowed fullscreen seems to work these days, is that it takes over display completely - just like actual fullscreen does. So the whole windows api for window management is bypassed. This is something that only nvidia or maybe wurm devs can fix by not going so much around the system.

Alternatively play in windowed resizable and maximize the window. You still get the title bar, but it at least fills entire screen completely and widget works correctly.

New features on halt

As I've said in last post, the combat log parser I'm currently working on, is the last feature or improvement I'm doing for WA. I don't have time to work on this project right now due to RL stuff.

In future, I might consider reopening it only, if Wurm gets:

1. more popular, instead of more complicated to program for (yes, I'm referring to WU bomb),

2. a proper game client API I can communicate with.

Once my RL fuss settles, I'm starting a Unity engine sandbox game project of my own, as my new pet project.

Obviously, I'll keep WA 3 updated and working in the foreseeable future.

Inviting other programmers to contribute to WA and wurm tools in general

Just because I don't have time, doesn't mean others can't contribute to Wurm tools.

The API WA uses, free for anyone to build their tools with, linux/mac compatible, accepting pull requests:

https://github.com/PeterAldur/WurmApi

And the WA 3 repo itself:

https://github.com/PeterAldur/WurmAssistant3

Any pull request, I can merge and roll into beta. Commits will be automatically credited in changelog.

• Like 1

I have updated launcher again and finally moved update service to Azure. Also changed launcher, so that it can pick new location, should it need to move again.

Launcher errors should now be gone.

The latest launcher version is 1.0.4.0, can be checked in wurmassistantlauncher.version file.

Edited by Aldur