Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

New installer choose only the WO version perfect ! did not do that last time was only WU. Great fix.

well the installer is great. I exported my Herd from granger in from WA 2 and imported into WA3 nothing in my herd (over 60 horses before hand). I can look at the XML and its all in there but nothing imports into WA3 .. any fix for that?

Edited by SmackedDown

I must've missed WA2 somewhere and was still using the original WA version?
Either way, when attempting to export my herd from my previous version and importing it to WA3, I was given empty herds. Opening the files that were created when Exporting did show data inside, but for some reason it wasn't read at all/properly when importing to WA3.

Thankfully I had a small herd of no more than 25 or so.

I am now totally screwed. I tried to remove all the WA2 & 3 install from my PC but in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features"  I have now 3 WA 3 Launchers that does not go away and

does nothing when I click on the.

I grabbed a old WA 2 Version from the dropbox links (2.0.142.4) and that runs just fine.

I re-download the Setup.EXE and when I run that it does "nothing" exept from spawning 3 x processes of itself when I look with Process Explorer.

This is the same thing I got trying to run the Latest WA 2 & 3 launchers. It creates processes that does nothing (Uses NO CPU) and I can't kill them either. I need to reboot

to get rid of them.

As I can see I am not 5the only one with problems I will wait a week or 3 until these issues are resolved.
At least I have a old but working copy of WA2.

Can you perhaps dropbox a latest WA3 version without any installers and crap for me to try?

Zera, SmackedDown, could you send me these exported files? Did any errors appear while importing?

KillerSpike, I've sent you a link to launcherless WA3.

For everyone having the launcher or WA's fail to start:

Check your antivirus software, it might have blocked these programs. WA2 is no exception, it has gotten a few new DLL's in the very first version that stopped working for some of you.

I am going to drop click once due to popular dislike (my own included) ;)

WA3 launcher will work exactly the same as WA2.

Also working on import/export glitches.

Considering moving WA 3 launcher back-end to Azure.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

For everyone having the launcher or WA's fail to start:

Check your antivirus software, it might have blocked these programs. WA2 is no exception, it has gotten a few new DLL's in the very first version that stopped working for some of you.

I am going to drop click once due to popular dislike (my own included) ;)

WA3 launcher will work exactly the same as WA2.

Also working on import/export glitches.

Considering moving WA 3 launcher back-end to Azure.

I don't know about Windows 7, 8, or even XP if anyone still uses it, but on Windows 10, the easiest way to exclude the launcher in your antivirus is to search for the executables in Windows Search and open their containing folders. You then copy the folder tree from Windows Explorer and paste it into your exclusion list. They are buried way deep down in the "apps" folder inside your Users directory (which is hidden even if you instruct windows to show hidden folders). The actual programs that the launcher starts are easy to find. They are in your "AppData\Local\AldursLab." For WA3, search for "AldursLab.WurmAssistant.Launcher.exe" in (usually) your C: drive. For WAU, search for "AldursLab.WurmAssistantUnlimited.Launcher.exe" the same way. I had to exclude the path to the launcher and the client for both WA3 and WAU. There was not a single entry exclusion to fix it.

For me, all of the WA verions stopped at the same time yesterday. It was a confusing hunt for the cause and it was Avast silently blocking them. It never gave a notification or anything. It just simply did not allow them to launch.

• Like 5

Great work Aldur & Audrel adding to Avast exceptions fixed my WU2 too :D

Import/Export herd doesn't work this is all that is stopping me from moving to Wurm Assistant 3.

Edited by Explora
  • Like 2

Herd import/export is indeed bugged, will try to fix it today.

But you can still move all creatures (and most other things) from WA2:

1. If using WA1, import all herds to WA2

2. In WA2, use options -> export all data, you will get a .json file

3. In WA3, use options -> import from wa2 and the screens will guide you through importing everything

• Like 1

EDIT: Fixed this, looks like there was a hidden one running in my programs tray, so I manually shut it down and was able to boot up properly. 

Was able to use WA3 fine yesterday, today I get an error (sorry if this is something I'm doing wrong, first time using WA3), windows 8.1, have windows defender but no other anti virus (and not sure if it's a security issue) 

AldursLab.Essentials.Synchronization.LockFailedException: File is already locked or lock could not be established by file system: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Steph\AppData\Local\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData\app.lock' because it is being used by another process. See inner exception for details. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Steph\AppData\Local\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData\app.lock' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at AldursLab.Essentials.Synchronization.FileLock.Enter(String filePath) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\AldursLab\Lab\Essentials\Synchronization\FileLock.cs:line 37

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at AldursLab.Essentials.Synchronization.FileLock.Enter(String filePath) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\AldursLab\Lab\Essentials\Synchronization\FileLock.cs:line 42

at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Root.Components.WurmAssistantDataDirectory.Lock() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Root\Components\WurmAssistantDataDirectory.cs:line 61

at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Root.CoreBootstrapper..ctor(MainForm mainForm, ConsoleArgsManager consoleArgs) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Root\CoreBootstrapper.cs:line 55

at AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core.Root.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\WurmAssistant3.Core\Root\MainForm.cs:line 180

Edited by Stargrace

This means WA is already running. Shouldn't be shown as error, it will be bugfixed in next update.

This means WA is already running. Shouldn't be shown as error, it will be bugfixed in next update.

Yep like I said I saw it in my program display, it wasn't actually visible anywhere besides that. :) Thank you! 

• Like 1

I exported data from WA2 and into WA3, everything looks to be working great. Thanks for all the help :D

• Like 1

Have to say i love WA. Big creds to the beautiful people who is doing this! :)

Edit: Is there some fancy way to calculate "get price" or favor from i.e. cordage ropes, yoyos and locks?

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

Not yet, but might be. +1 it on the roadmap. :)

Ah, cool.

Other calculators i have tried does not seem to give same prices when adding the whole stack and adding all items separately.

Example:

yoyo x10 combined ql 25.00 is worth X and gives Z amount of favor.

All 10 yoyos added separately will not be worth the same and therefor gives another number of favor.

Edited by Nordlys

It also seems as though creating your own Value Presets don't save/load properly through WA3 restarts.

Copying from the default values and adjusting values for different traits does save for the duration of WA3 being open, but is wiped clean when closed and restarted.

I'm happy to announce first of the promised new features in WA 3!

We just got skill triggers!

Set this trigger to a skill level, and it will notify as soon as that level is reached.

It works with favor.

It also works between freedom and epic (switches between skill pools on it's own) and should switch between Unlimited servers equally well.

Available in R25.

---------

A bunch of smaller tweaks and bugfixes!

• Log reading is now universal - independent of platform setting in WA config. Windows setting just makes it slightly faster. Correct platform should still be used, but this enables mixing logs from different PC's.
  • When trying to start WA and it's already running, it will bring that WA to front instead of showing error. Unfortunate consequence: can no longer hide the app completely from taskbar. (not the only reason for this change).
  • Reduced warning spam from WurmApi a bit.
  • LogSearcher
    • Bugfixed match list and highlighting.
  • Granger:
    • Fix for not saving trait values.
    • Bugfix for: [bUG] during value preset edit, save button crashes if nothing selected.
    • Partial bugfix for smilexamining non-horses, should now be possible to update between foal / nonfoal ages. Ages might still be glitchy.
    • Bugfix for XML import / export. Added server name to exports.
  • Triggers:
    • Fix for triggers, that would not delete.
    • Added option for matching every line, regardless of condition.
    • "Condition" has been split into log entry "content" and "source". Old triggers that used to match text in < > have to be updated. Updated help texts. This change is because of changes in new WurmApi.
      Source is the text between <> eg character names in chat. Content is everything else in log line. Timestamps are filtered out just like in WA2.
    • Fixed crash when a game character is no longer available or invalid (eg. invalid config).
    • Fixed default popup duration back to 3 seconds.
  • ​Timers:
    • ​Added option to hide/show a timer group in the widget (group is still active and will trigger notifications, but does not show on the GUI - need feedback on notifications, can also add them to disable if needed). This is an alternative to deleting the group.
  • ​A few glitches listed on the roadmap turned out to be self-fixed in the transition to WA3.
Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Shortly a new version of launcher should arrive under this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74314315/Publish/WurmAssistant3/LauncherV2/WurmAssistant3Launcher.zip

Old launchers will still work. If you like them, keep using them. :)

This new launcher replaces ClickOnce both version for Wurm Unlimited and Wurm Online.

When run directly (by .exe) shows this window:

HZeF5it.png

The advanced options speak for themselves, I've added them due to a few requests.

But not everyone like more windows to click through.

Some .bat files are already present in the launcher dir and can be used to directly start WA in both WU and WO.

For even more advanced startup, all of the choices in the window above, can be made via console args.

Console arguments are described in readme.txt

Finally, even standalone WA can be run with relative data dir, it will then appear directly in the program dir. I'm not sure anyone will need to use it like this, but if so - it's there, it's done.

Check readme.txt in WA dirs.

But where are the WA dirs now?

They are inside launcher folder, split it a nice hierarchy. No old version is removed on updates, so in a rare case of update crashing (like recently) it will be easy to go back.

PS.

Rolled first stable windows build.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

I believe I can say it on behalf of the Wurm Comunity :

Great job Aldur. One of a kind util for Wurm around. Nothing does the job better than WA.

Thanks for the effort you put into this.

Being a dev myself I know that the ###### & moans when there is a unfortunate glitch is much more

then the thanks & praise from all the silent masses.

P.S.

While I am here 1 small(ish) request. On the Timers can you add the time the cooldown is over next to the count down.

Sometimes a pain to work it the time for you next sermon/meditation if it is early morning :)

"You know you did a good job, when nobody comes back to you" - kinda motto. ;)

So you need a forecast of the next cooldown, while current is in middle? I don't have space in the timer itself, but could add this info to the right-click menu. Will that do?

So you need a forecast of the next cooldown, while current is in middle? I don't have space in the timer itself, but could add this info to the right-click menu. Will that do?

Not quite a forecast   Say it is 5:45pm and you have a meditation timer of a remaining 25 mins I would like to display the 6:10 PM somewhere. So that I don't have to add the counter to the current time to see at what time I need to meditate. 

basically DateTime.Now + Cooldown TimeSpan

Ow ofc, this can be done. :)

I know you can. Maybe add more Timer options So have a Meditation Count down as well as a "next meditation Time" options.

Then I will just add both ;)