Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Wurm Assistant 3 is now officially the upgrade from Wurm Assistant 2.

Time to upgrade, everyone. :)

Upgrade helper for existing WA users, especially power users:

Few days ago, I've added export option to WA2, that will save all sounds, triggers, timers and creatures to a file.

Today WA 3 has been updated with an importer of these things.

It should now be much less painful to upgrade. Should there be any issues with exporting or importing, I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Other news and progress updates...

Scrapped: general import / export / backup :

Unfortunately I will not have time to make a more general system out of these import / export options. I've wanted to allow, for example, to move triggers between characters, without having to manually recreate all of them. This is hard, because I didn't fully rewrite these old features, they are just not built for such flexibility. 

I want to invest my time into new features instead.

What features are coming next?

Here are the things I am focusing on right now:

• Bugfixes.
  • Triggers: better support for skills log: an easy way to make trigger trip on reaching certain skill level. Especially useful for Favor triggers.
  • Timers: option to hide a timers group, instead of just deleting it completely.
  • Sounds: a list of playing sounds with a way to kill any and a channels supports (sounds / music clips on a single channel transition between each other, instead of overlapping)
  • New features:
    • Crafting assistant: widget that shows name of a tool / action required for next improve.
    • Combat assistant: shows current situation overview parsed from combat log, live or past combat.
    • Reveal creatures: shows a sortable table of the results of last cast, perhaps even a visualization.
    • Skills monitor: calculating skill gain rates, showing skills list of all characters, notifies for reaching skill levels and titles.
    • Trade chat monitor: looks in trade for particular things and keeps a list of all finds.

That's about all I have planned so far. I think once these are done, I will switch once again to just maintaining the app and keeping features up to date, like I did for past 3 years. But you never know... :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

Ran WurmAssistantLauncher.exe as usual, it found a new version to install, downloaded and installed version 2.0.140.38. The launcher says "Starting Wurm Assistant" then nothing happens.

Ran WurmAssistant2.exe in the WurmAssistant_2_0_140_38 directory gives the Windows busy icon and nothing happens :(

Wurm Assistant 3.0 beta R15 P:Windows is working with no problems

Edited by Explora

I'm making a new publish of WA 2 right now. Not sure what's wrong, trying a clean rebuild. It all works for me though...

Edit: Done

Edited by Aldur

It installed new version then hangs same as before.  Wait and see if anyone else has the same problem maybe it's only my PC.

Can't see any errors. Windows Task Manager does have 3 WurmAssistant2.exe processes that I cannot kill.

Is there a WA3 that does not require Wurm unlimited?

You state that WA3 is prefered over WA2, however I have not purchased nor do I plan to purchase WU. The installer just fails after it can not find a valid directory for WU.

non of my custom timers have been exported.

ie not there what i import them to WA3

Explora, at this point I have no clue what's wrong. There weren't any major changes in the app.

SmackedDown, yes there are 2 WA's now, one is WA 3 for WO, the other is WA U for WU.

Bigsteve, could you send me that .json file? Also, have all the timers fully loaded before you did the export?

Edited by Aldur

I have problem with WA3. Apllication don't start. I've tried every option: cliconce instalation, downloading zip file etc. Icon fo WurmAssistant shows up in systray on few seconds and nothing more happen.

Version 2.x runs with no problems.

Edited by Gamurin

Wurm Asisstant 3 is not working. Is still trying to install the Beta ?

CCoL62u.png

After that it crashes

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 5643961d
Problemsignatur 04: AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Core
Problemsignatur 05: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 06: 5643961b
Problemsignatur 07: b3b
Problemsignatur 08: 32
Problemsignatur 09: System.NullReferenceException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I used the link given in Wurm Assistant 2

Umm could you try starting the app without launcher? Just run AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.exe.

Also try copying this app (everything in %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistant3\Bin) to some other folder, say C:\WurmTest and try starting it there.

I'm not sure what else could be an issue... I'm running it fine on Win 10. Is it 32 or 64bit version of the system?

About the error, all I can tell you, is that it's thrown when a DLL either can't be found or can't be loaded. Since .NET always looks in the current folder, I guess it's the latter, which might indicate a sound issue (eg. drivers) as irrklang is the sound engine used by WA.

Any news on getting this issue resolved. Getting the same error on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

I have something strange going on, Aldru. WA2, WA3, and WAU all 3 refuse to start.

I have Windows 10 x64. There was an update to it yesterday and WA has not run since. I tried to reinstall .Net 4.5 and it says it is part of the OS. I ran a repair on the C++. 

Windows claims they are running (tried moving them to another drive and got the in use error) but they do not show up anywhere in the process list. 

I am running out of ideas, as to why this is happening.

Can you try one of the standalone WA2 versions?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wkhcuwtjd8ctwdc/AAA8xOQXBrE3eSmd8cqw8WRTa?dl=0

It would help, if I knew which version things stopped working...

WA2 is WurmAssistant_2_0_141_7 (folder name)

I am not sure on WAU.

WA3 Beta I downloaded today.

I just tried WurmAssistant_Stable_2_0_140_38 and it does the same.

I'm not a programmer by any means but it seems to be something with Windows to me. I am not sure what software I have that uses .Net to even test if it's universal. 

EDIT: Using Resouce Monitor, WurmAssistant2.exe has 3 instances and Windows 10 will not terminate the processes. It says only "Access is Denied."

Edited by Audrel

WurmAssistant_2_0_141_7 is the version I've just published for launcher 1 hour ago.

So it works as standalone, but fails under launcher?

Ow wait, I've read you wrong. So 2.0.141.6 works and .7 doesn't?

Edited by Aldur

WurmAssistant_2_0_141_7 is the version I've just published for launcher 1 hour ago.

So it works as standalone, but fails under launcher?

Ow wait, I've read you wrong. So 2.0.141.6 works and .7 doesn't?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't really clear. None of them are running today, even the one from yesterday that ran fine yesterday. The WAU is from a couple of weeks ago. I have not updated it lately. It also ran fine daily up until today after the Windows Update and a restart. 

Hmm come to think of it, I've got a few updates pending. Lets see if the same fate will happen to me. :)

I hope not.  :lol:

I am pondering a system restore to yesterday and seeing if that doesn't resolve it.

Before doing that, maybe try to play a bit with compatibility options? Eg. try running it with Windows 7 compat settings or use that wizard to scan the exe and choose settings for you.

Hi Aldur,

With the 1 click install it try to d/l a upgrade but it "time out" with a messgae it took to long to d/l and try again and eventually it seems not to upgrade at all

Can you make that wait period for the download a bit longer. I am in South Afrika and don't have super fast lines like you guys :)

An update for the launcher itself, or an update of WA?

Either way there are hosting issues, so might have just hit one.

An update for the launcher itself, or an update of WA?

Either way there are hosting issues, so might have just hit one.

It is the WA update itself. It seems to happen all the time for me.

Could you send me the log of the launcher? How long does it download the update before timing out?