Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I've just released official Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited. It is based on new WA 3 codebase:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133948-wurm-assistant-for-wurm-unlimited-beta/

-----------

There is also update for WA 3 itself.

Official launcher will now download beta and will switch to stable, once it arrives. So basically, no need to wait, try it now. :)

ClickOnce WA 3 launcher: http://resources.aldurslab.net/WA3-stable-launcher-clickonce/publish.htm

Standalone WA 3 launcher: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74314315/publish/wurmassistant3/Launcher/WurmAssistant3Launcher.zip

Settings import / export (also export for WA 2) is my very next thing on to-do.

WA 2 or WA 3? Launcher? Program?

Edited by Aldur

WA 2 or WA 3? Launcher? Program?

Launcher. WA 2 and the links posted here above to WA 3. (404 errors, can't launch errors, etc) 

Eh, seems the hosting trouble is back, the entire site is down.

I guess the dropbox launcher for WA 3 will work though, so that's all I can suggest at the moment.

Does WA 2 launcher not allow you to run previous version? It seems to become available for me, after all retries fail.

The window moved too quickly to an error for me to select run previous version - BUT - everything is working now (no idea how long it was down for I just started it now and reported right away). :) 

<3 

Yeah it's all back. But thanks for noticing, I've also seen such short pauses in the past, I'll have to look at this more thoroughly.

I'm trying to open WA3 Unlimited but the window seems to crash each time.

Well - I downloaded the stuff both from the dropbox location, and direct. It does the first windows with all it's updating etc...with a couple of errors that go too fast to read - then I *think* it tries to load the actual tool - but comes up and blinks out so fast I don't see anything - I'm guessing that should be the first screen where you tell it where your steam wurm dir is etc.

Heboric, trying on Window?

Launcher seems ok, it only closes automatically, if it downloaded and launched correctly.

If you want to confirm, check latest launcher log here:

%localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistant3Unlimited\Launcher\debug.txt

So why didn't WA start...

First check logs here:

%localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData\Logs\Readable

If there is nothing there, I'll be pretty puzzled. The only reason it would close without any errors or crash message, is if another WA 3 was already running.

Let me know what you find out.

Edited by Aldur

Ok, it seems if you are already running WA 3, you cant start WA U (and vice versa). Was that the case for you?

I'll fix it when I get a spare moment.

Bug has been found, fix will arrive shortly.

EDIT: same bug found in launchers, also fixed. New versions published.

Edited by Aldur

Is there any information someone can give me on this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'irrKlang.NET4.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

I am running Windows10 and everything is up-to-date. Even went to the extent of grabbing that particular file just to make sure, but the error is still thrown (my husband is running same system with no issues). I have had someone else who is more techy take a look at it and they can't figure it out either.

All of this is no biggy, no life or death matter lol but I welcome any suggestions.

Beta R12 R13

Just made a fix that should help you, Alulah.

If it didn't, I've got one more idea, can try it later today.

Edited by Aldur

I've now updated the launcher.

One problem with this launcher update:

The old clickonce launcher needs to be uninstalled and then installed again from latest setup.

If you use standalone, then you must download it again.

Edited by Aldur

Perhaps better support for other animals in Granger than just Horses?
With the ability to now grant Nicknames to other animals such as Cows, it's a great way to keep record of who's breeding with who etc; And keep them all strait. Granger seems to be able to keep them strait as far as nicknamed cows too, with 1 problem:

When a (non-horse) animal increases in age, from say young to adolecent, it will not update the existing 'entry' of the animal and requires you to smile+examine to create a new entry altogether and delete the old one.

I ask this, because WO is capable of recording these nicknames on the calf/foal birth as well. So a cow "Bessie" giving birth to a calf, the calf says "Brown Cow 'Bessie'" is the mother.

Greatest addition to Wurm yet, and it would be GREAT if Wurm Assistant fully supported the same changes for things like cows as it does already for horses.

Thanks for spotting this, added as a [bUG] and will look into it.

Thanks for spotting this, added as a [bUG] and will look into it.

The Horse aging is fine. YoungFoal to AdolecentFoal is fine.

The Cow/Etc; aging isn't Ok. YoungCalf to AdolecentCalf (or whatever the case may be) doesn't work out at all.

Thank you for all your efforts.

I will have someone else have a look again to make sure I'm not missing something as I'm still having the same problem after following the instructions.

There is always one isn't there...and trust me to be it lol

Umm could you try starting the app without launcher? Just run AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.exe.

Also try copying this app (everything in %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistant3\Bin) to some other folder, say C:\WurmTest and try starting it there.

I'm not sure what else could be an issue... I'm running it fine on Win 10. Is it 32 or 64bit version of the system?

About the error, all I can tell you, is that it's thrown when a DLL either can't be found or can't be loaded. Since .NET always looks in the current folder, I guess it's the latter, which might indicate a sound issue (eg. drivers) as irrklang is the sound engine used by WA.

I will give that a shot and get back to you.

I did initially think it was a sound issue, especially since I was just using generic drivers, so I got the correct and up-to-date drivers and to my disappointment it didn't fix it.

Edited by Alulah

OK, just did those couple of things and still throwing the same error.

My husband is running it on win10 64bit as well with no issues, so it's just something with my system. Ah well, thanks for your time though.