Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

Adding Challenge is a big thing, because it's a completely new server group. WA2 should be able to handle it, but I'm not sure, so I'm going to make a separate "beta" version and I will need a few volunteers, to test it (both on Challenge and on old servers), before it goes live.

Also need a server stats link. Found the stats.

What is the skill curve on Challenge? Same as Epic? Found that as well. :)

Edited by Aldur

I cant volunteer for challenge but I can say that by what I have read of the news in wurm in various places 'officially' the skill curve will be different each time.  This round only lasts 1 month and iv heard stories of people reaching 90 in skills in an hour or two.

Might have to see if rolf is 'smart' enough to make the scale a factor type thing. 50* epic one month 20* foro 3 months etc. across the board. If he makes it different like skills are 50* but timers are 2*s and the like (which may be necessary) then you could find yourself having to code a whole new section just for challenge for variable things. Might make sense to put WA3 out into beta earlier with a hack supporting that and go from there unless you can think of a way to put it into a beta rewrite of WA2 and port it to WA3 near the end? No idea.

Actually, now that I think about it, the only thing skill curve was needed for was Granger, so it could know, when to expect which traits on examines. I'm not even sure if Granger will have any use for Challenge, unless they have boosted breeding speeds?

Turns out I was much more thoughtful than I thought, while crafting original server groups code. Challenge and Storm are both added and everything seems to work fine.

Granger uses same rules as for Freedom.

2.0.130.12 is already published. Have fun. :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 3

I will be honest here, unless I do something reasonable, WA3 will probably not be ready till (next) xmas. :) I'm simply, usually, too burned out by my job and all the learning associated with it. Rewriting everything is simply too much.

So here is what I'm going to do. The new core of WA, that I've been working on so far, will be wired into old app, WA3 will have all the current GUI's and features, which aren't that bad anyway. I will then focus on getting the HUD and skill tracker running, then a few new features that you've asked for in the last couple months. Only then I might consider improving the GUI's of old features.

We're still going to have beta and stable version of WA3, and I expect the first beta to be fairly bumpy. :) The launcher known from WA2 will be gone, I'm going back to the WA1 way of pushing updates (much easier to work with).

I can't say for sure, but I'll try to get that beta running by the end of the year, maybe not with everything wired in yet, but it's a start. :)

PS. WA3 will not support Win XP any more.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update Aldur. Very much appreciated! Totally understand the fine line between burnout and fun.

Yes. Thank you for the update and all the hardwork you put into it. It is a hard balance between burnout and fun. Even just playing wurm is like that. Let alone going the extra mile like you are. And if job is weighing you down then it can be hard to find the fun in doing something that isnt even remotely barely paid for. :|

Can I ask what the potential value column is all about? I didn't notice any sort of explanation. It keeps changing when I updated horses so I would like to understand what it is possibly telling me there.

It calculates the best/worst value this horse might have, if your character can't yet see all the traits (under skill 41).

The positive keeps going down, down to 70 at the moment. So the horses won't have as high a value?

Most of your positive traits are found earlier. So as your skill gets higher the traits that would increase your potential are removed and the potential decreases. At 24 skill you only have 3 positives left (unless you've changed your value presets) that add up to 120. There are a possible -340 (if I did my math right) left at that point. When you get to 25 you drop another positive off the potential list leaving you with +70 but still -340 in the potential calculation so if you didn't pickup 'It can carry more than average' your potential will have gone down.

Yea, just got to 25 AH skill and then noticed it went down to +70, from +120.

Hi folks!

Unfortunately getting WA3 beta out struck a few extra obstacles. Details are on my blog here.

In short, they are sorted and mostly fixed already. WA3 beta should be available soon (the old features for now, no settings import yet, but its the first thing on the list).

• Like 4

Just a quick head's up from me. Awesome app man. Thanks a million for your hard work.

• Like 1

Just a heads up the season calendar is about 3 rl days ahead of xanadu 

Just a heads up the season calendar is about 3 rl days ahead of xanadu 

that is strange as the WA server gets the information directly from the game server. Well can not confirm that it is wrong but pls recheck.

It is also ahead of schedule on Release. Last night it was showing Maple season had already passed but it is still ahead of us.

Hi there, these posts reminded me that Granger is no longer showing me best possible breeding options when I click on a horse's name. It works in other herds, just not my main one. It was working just a few days ago and I don't remember changing settings, but is there a setting I need to double-check? Or something else that might be going wrong?

Edited by Araninke

that is strange as the WA server gets the information directly from the game server. Well can not confirm that it is wrong but pls recheck.

It has been saying that maple season ended 2 days ago when they are still not harvestable

The timing for olives is also off

I'm not sure why this is happening and I'd normally have to patiently track things over weeks to figure, which source is lying to us and why. I don't have much time to do this, but I'll try. :)

I don't think it is a problem of WA not knowing the date but rather the default values for the seasons. Maple is listed as 113, 119. IF the wiki entry is to be believe that should actually start on maybe 136 instead. The default rose value looks correct. However Oleander is currently in season but has a listing for over a month ago on the wiki. Overall, I don't think its a problem of the function of Wurm Assist but rather the data put into Wurm Assist.

• Like 1

Pardon typos n lame wording. On phone.

I thought of this before but didnt wanna burden you with it with more work. What about a way for wa to read event lofs of users for harvesting triggers and updating axdata base the client uses to update its output info? Then it will always be live nc accurate as soon as someone harvests successfully.