Aldur

Wurm Assistant - Enrich Your Wurm Experience

I'm not aware of anything that could cause this. Were you synchronizing WA with dropbox or something similar? Also are you still using old launcher?

Could you send me log files from around when it happened, if they are still there? Or do you mean entire directory is missing?

The Logs dig only has 3 logs from the three times I launched the program after the crash. Nothing from the run that caused the crash. The only slight oddities was that WurmAssistant had been running for several days + I created 6 new chars last night, bringing the total chars in the Wurm dir to 51. I also added queue sound triggers for the new chars, so I think I had 20-25 chars in the sounds list. I also had quite a lot of timers and about 60 horses in the Granger database, so quite a bit of data overall.

I looked at the files and folders in the AppData\Local\AldurCraft directory. I had Windows show "date created" (not the usual date modified) and it showed that the AldurCraft and AldurCraft\WurmAssistant dirs dated back from when I originally installed it, but everything else was newly created.

I did run a software removal tool earlier (while WurmAssistant was running) to get rid of the AVG search bar. It crashed and made Chrome revert to default settings. It sounds really odd that a browser removal tool would delete data from your AppData\Local directory, but right now it's the only thing I can think of.

I am not syncronizing with anything. I did try and run a Windows Restore after the WurmAssistant data was deleted, but that didn't change anything.

Was this removal tool an official tool from AVG? I've had a lot of my friends lose things because of such software and generally just tell everyone not to use them.

You may want to scan your entire PC for files, such as:

LogSearcher.s3db

grangerDB.s3db

AssistantSettings.xml

It is possible that this tool has moved them to temporary location, before crashing and never completing whatever insane operation it was doing.

Also, you should try a un-erase software and scan that location. Chances are it was not overwritten yet and you might be able to recover everything, if the files were indeed deleted and not moved. Not sure which soft is best these days, but you probably want to try a few of them.

If that doesn't work, afraid they will be gone for good. :(

I will try to find a free day this weekend and finally code creating backups in WA itself.

Alrighty! :D I finally took the time to design my herds and rerrange all my animals and now I have put about 2 hours into the setup in the granger. How do I best back it up so that next time I can restore it if something doofy happens?

Thanks!

Added this to the first post:

Manual settings backup:

If you need to backup WA2 settings, you need to copy / zip entire data directory, found here:
%localappdata%\AldurCraft\WurmAssistant2\
To restore backup, first close Wurm Assistant, if it is running. Then replace that directory with the copy.

As with all backups, you should keep them on another physical drive.

New bug :P.

Something happend when I uninstalled the old java and reinstalled the new 64 bit 55.  It for some reason thought I had installed a new copy of wurm. (Gave the intro, this is your first time.)

I dont know what this was/did because I didnt do anything specific but now WA cant seem to read the logs.

It finds them when I rebuild the cache but none of the triggers work and all of the timers read ready when most should not be.

Any ideas?

*** EDIT***

I take some of that back. The timers may be fine and its just wierd luck for once they are all ready lol.

But for some reason one of the triggers erased itself.  I had a trigger for the alliance chat that would make a noise anytime it saw a <  Effectively making it every thing said so i could see what was said but for some reason the sound got removed and I had to re add it.

So it may be all is well again and it was just that but the rest seemed wierd to me. Keep you informed if anything else happens.

Edited by Schwanke

Timer for Meditation/Prayer  seems to be broken. It counts Meditation to Prayer with 30 minutes and then if you pray the timeline from Med.  Its a bit messed up ?! Any Idea why ?

EDIT: Did install all new and now it seems to work properly again

Edited by Syrann

Progress update:

It will still be at least a week or 2 before next WA update, I have to hurry my current side-job, so I'm spending all my time on it for now. After that, you can expect beta builds to appear with some long-overdue new goodies. :)

I will post once first beta is available.

• Like 2

Thanks a million Aldur, you keep many of us loving wurm.  You're an asset to wurm, even if the dev team or Rolf himself don't see it!

• Like 1

I have an issue and was looking for some help - 

I used WA to track logs etc for a handful of characters, but recently sold off those characters, so I don't need / want them tracking any more. I get 18 errors now and even after uninstalling WA can't seem to find a way to get them to stop tracking / remove ghost logs (I removed everything I could find in my Wurm Online folder that mentioned those characters as well). 

Suggestions appreciated! 

Progress update:

It will still be at least a week or 2 before next WA update, I have to hurry my current side-job, so I'm spending all my time on it for now. After that, you can expect beta builds to appear with some long-overdue new goodies. :)

I will post once first beta is available.

No problem man. You've done so much already.  If we can convince you just to keep what you have working I would be soooo happy. Bug fixes would be a bonus. Features. omg.. :D

Stargrace, have you already tried rebuilding log cache?

Schwanke, it may be a bit brash for me to say, but I think I will keep updating all WA features for as long as Wurm exists or devs do something that make them impossible to function (everything can happen in this weird game). ;)

• Like 1

Yes I did rebuild the log cache, and also deleted everything in it (and all WA folders / things). It still shows the 3 characters I no longer own. 

Stargrace, have you already tried rebuilding log cache?

Schwanke, it may be a bit brash for me to say, but I think I will keep updating all WA features for as long as Wurm exists or devs do something that make them impossible to function (everything can happen in this weird game). ;)

Well then. You just.. rock! :D

• Like 1

I'm currently getting the following error while trying to start the program this morning, it's the first time I've ever seen it:

[09:53:09] Diag > - > LOGGER: Logging started
[09:53:09] Info > - > Checking latest local version
[09:53:09] Info > - >
[09:53:09] Info > - > Checking for new Wurm Assistant version
[09:53:09] Info > - > Failed contacting remote server: ServiceUnavailable => Service Unavailable
[09:53:09] Info > - > Retrying... (1 of 2)
[09:53:09] Info > - > Failed contacting remote server: ServiceUnavailable => Service Unavailable
[09:53:09] Info > - > Retrying... (2 of 2)
[09:53:10] Info > - > Failed contacting remote server: ServiceUnavailable => Service Unavailable
[09:53:10] ERROR > - > Launching failed, Unexpected error while running launcher: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
[09:53:10] Diag > WurmAssistantLauncher.FormLauncher, Text: Wurm Assistant Launcher > EXCEPTION: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
EXC TYPE:Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
SOURCE: Newtonsoft.Json
TRACE:    at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at WurmAssistantLauncher.FormLauncher.DoWork() in e:\Dropbox\Developer\NET_Framework\Projects\Aldurcraft\WurmOnline\WurmAssistant2\WurmAssistantLauncher\FormLauncher.cs:line 137

I tried to re-install the program but the download link on the OP doesn't seem to be working, I wonder if that could be the issue (looking at logs) as the program tries to connect to the update server but fails? Thanks :)

EDIT: Program is working now, I notice that I can download the files from the link now too. I guess that the program doesn't start unless it has a connection to the update server? Some error handling here would be a cool fix.

Edited by Docterchese

It's not really an error, or rather it shouldn't be one. Even in this particular case, launcher should've enabled a button to run previous WA version. Did that not happen?

Very nice client tool, impressive dedication and patience to this program and the community!

Round of applause for you!

• Like 2

Hey. Question for you aldur.  Since we dont have the statistics package (yet?) or atleast the part that lets us notify and track on level gains.  How would I write a regexp that say would make a pop up or noise on blah blah gains blah blah to 50.xxx so that it goes up on the 50.xxx or 95.2xxx etc?

I tried reading the links from inside the regexp page and couldnt get anything to work.

Thanks!

I'm really sorry it takes so long, but since last update I've had literally zero time (and Brain Cycles) to work on WA.

What you are asking for is actually something I'd like to add - an easier way to create more complex triggers. Regex is powerful but not very easy to learn or even get right.

Anyway the regex you need is here:

.+ increased by \d\,\d+ to 40\,\d+

One problem you will have, is that this trigger will retrigger on further gains at 40 skill. One idea to avoid that is to add some very high cooldown.

• Like 1

How would I do like 95.25 (working in the .05s now on mining lol)  .+ increased by \d\,\d+ to 95.25\,\d+ ?

And does the comma change to a . in 'american' or does it stay comma? My logs are 45.2 but I know european doees 45,2 etc..

Also how do I add a word at the begining? Like if I ony wanted to match Smithing  increased by  etc.. ?

Thanks!

And no worries on not putting it in. I know your swamped and you gotta pay the bills.  I wish I could donate more but I also know that only one person doing it isnt enough either.  I think I am out of debt from Christmas sometime next month lol so I'll see what I can spin your way.  I really do apreciate everything you do and already done and will do anyway. :)

Oh right, the comma has to be your culture comma. :) You can also drop d+ at the end.

So:

Smithing increased by 0.00717 to 50.345

.+ increased by \d\.\d+ to 50\.

Smithing increased by \d\.\d+ to 50\.

Smithing increased by 0.00717 to 95.251

.+ increased by \d\.\d+ to 95\.25

Smithing increased by \d\.\d+ to 95\.25

I will bring many more updates to WA, you can count on it. I've already decided I'll create a 3.0 version of WA (without discontinuing 2.0), starting work very soon. This is because I must upgrade a bit of things that considerably slowed me down during previous updates, but they can't be easily touched without possibly breaking all saved settings (ouch!).

I know enough to know that .+ is matching 0 or more items before the next.  How do I match just the Blacksmithing lines or say just the Carpentry lines?

I figured until you get the goodies in I would create triggers for my favorite skills and then just update them as  I reach a new level.  I wouldnt mind it over making noise anyway cuz that would remind me to change it :D. But like I would do:

Mining to 95.25xxx

Blacksmithing to 81.xxx

Carpentry to I forget what.

Etc.  Then I would trigger them to do a pop up and make sound and then I could edit it and set it to the next skill level or whatever.

But I would wanna do it specific to each skill so that if other skills I dont care about change they dont get triggered.  I'm getting high enough that some of the skills higher in the tree are reaching the numbers some of my skills I dont use often are. If that makes sense.  

Simply replace the .+ with skill name, like the 2nd case in the examples I've shown you.

Smithing increased by \d\.\d+ to 95\.25

Unless it's something else that you want to achieve?

Hi Aldur,

It's been a while (been offline for most of it), i've been getting an error the last few days, I can't even figure out the trigger or which char it is.  

[13:47:32] ERROR > AssistantEngine > problem on update loop

EXCEPTION: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
EXC TYPE:System.ArgumentNullException
SOURCE: mscorlib
TRACE:    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
   at Aldurcraft.Utility.SoundEngine.SoundBank.PlaySound(String name)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.NotifyHandler.Update()
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.PrayerTimer.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.PlayerTimersGroup.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.ModuleTimers.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleManager.Update()
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.AssistantEngine.Update()
[13:47:32] ERROR > AssistantEngine > problem on update loop
EXCEPTION: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
EXC TYPE:System.ArgumentNullException
SOURCE: mscorlib
TRACE:    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
   at Aldurcraft.Utility.SoundEngine.SoundBank.PlaySound(String name)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.NotifyHandler.Update()
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.PrayerTimer.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.PlayerTimersGroup.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleNS.Timers.ModuleTimers.Update(Boolean engineSleeping)
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.ModuleManager.Update()
   at Aldurcraft.WurmOnline.WurmAssistant2.AssistantEngine.Update()

It goes on for over 2,000 errors.

I have turned all sounds off, and it happens also within a restart of the program.

Cheers.