Sign in to follow this  
sweatygopher

Fix Drakespirits

Drakespirits and whatever else moving through walls needs to be STOPPED. It really ruins the game for new players. I'm surprised to still see they exist given that they're so ugly and pointless, but the fact that they move through things is over the top. i went from a town of a bustling 10 active players, to a ghost town after 2 days of being camped by a drakespirit that can solo our 3 spirit guards. We can't run from it, it walks through our fences, and prevents us from being able to do anything in the town. We try to lead it off, and it seems to come back as if leashed to our area. While it kills our guards, other creatures then move in and camp our town.

They heal too fast to whittle down in health...

at least when the giant champ crocodile with his venerable greenish crocodile buddies camped our town we could use strategies to get around them, so that we could sneak into the mine and such by having someone run them off while we put up walls in various locations to get where we needed to go.

I'm not sure if those players will ever log on again, it was a really big turn off to the new players I recruited. Basically undid all my recruiting efforts in one swoop! I'm trying to bring in new players and keep them here, but the game seems to be working against me with these over powered gods that terrorize lowbies, and lowbies only. As one of them said, "This game starts awesome, then takes a sharp right turn into stupid."

We were literally sitting on vent saying, "just log out. There's no work around for dealing with them. They will just eventually walk away or something."

That shouldn't be the case. When a game mechanic makes people log out, and not play for that day that's a bad game mechanic.

Edited by sweatygopher

It urks me whenever people make these 'nerf xxx monster/animal' threads.

There's an entire skill dedicated to the killing of things, Fighting skill. And before you go 'well my 3 guards couldn't kill it', spirit templars are terrible, compare drake spirits to actual players for a moment (probably near equivilent of a 70fs fighters) it takes about 5 spirit templars to down an actual player, but only 2 and sometimes 1 other players to down another player. The thing that solves these kind of problems are grouping together with other fighters and killing them. And before you think 'oh well it's as strong as another player, please fix it', it doesn't matter. If you would go and make a deed next to a dragon, and have your deed attacked by it each day, then come to the forums and ask for a dragon nerf, do you think people would like it? No, they'd think you're stupid and a noob. Given yes; this isn't a unique (but should be treated as one in my opinion) and you didn't build a deed right next to them, they came to you; but the entire point of this is there are not just one but multiple ways to get around this other than asking for a game change.

Really, So us with all lower than 20 FS can group and kill this drakespirit? Or should I just beg in all chat for some heroic champion to come kill it? Is that how the game was intended to be played? I don't care that it has 70fs, or that fighting skill is meant to kill it. What I care about is it walks through walls, thus griefing lower level players who cannot escape it, or fight back. It makes no sense. If you want to fight it, go ahead I'm not calling for a nerf of it's fight skills. Only the walking through walls. What was the point of building those walls if the damn thing walks through them?

All a drakespirit is is a flat DPS check. If it's in the area you either have enough fight skill to kill it, or it's going to kill you. It's a really stupid DPS check at that... At least if you build near a dragon, the dragon looks bad ass and menacing and makes the game feel epic. This "John Keller" is a wtf moment waiting to happen for a new player. It's ugly, it's a ghost of a human that's poorly modeled. Yet it's all powerful. A dragon if you don't see it coming you're blind... This guy you cannot even tell he's in the area until it's too late.

Really? Random ghost dude pops out of no where and kills you without any chance of you escaping? This is good game design? Is this leaving a good impression on new players?

Honestly I've been killed more by drake/eagle spirits and no gumps than I have any pvpers. They grief more than actual players.

Edited by sweatygopher

Drakespirits are unnecessary and absurdly overpowered mechanic. If you dont have very high level combat skills and very solid gear they are unstopable and inescapable.

• Like 1

Really, So us with all lower than 20 FS can group and kill this drakespirit? Or should I just beg in all chat for some heroic champion to come kill it? Is that how the game was intended to be played? I don't care that it has 70fs, or that fighting skill is meant to kill it. What I care about is it walks through walls, thus griefing lower level players who cannot escape it, or fight back. It makes no sense. If you want to fight it, go ahead I'm not calling for a nerf of it's fight skills. Only the walking through walls. What was the point of building those walls if the damn thing walks through them?

All a drakespirit is is a flat DPS check. If it's in the area you either have enough fight skill to kill it, or it's going to kill you. It's a really stupid DPS check at that... At least if you build near a dragon, the dragon looks bad ass and menacing and makes the game feel epic. This "John Keller" is a wtf moment waiting to happen for a new player. It's ugly, it's a ghost of a human that's poorly modeled. Yet it's all powerful. A dragon if you don't see it coming you're blind... This guy you cannot even tell he's in the area until it's too late.

Really? Random ghost dude pops out of no where and kills you without any chance of you escaping? This is good game design? Is this leaving a good impression on new players?

Honestly I've been killed more by drake/eagle spirits and no gumps than I have any pvpers. They grief more than actual players.

You settled on epic. Nobody forced you to. ON epic you are expected to have high FS because you know its about PvP? If you dont want to fight then why are you there again? Freedom doesnt have these

Being sarcastic and rude and bending others' posts to make it seem like they're a antagonist is probably really going to prove your point too, no where is it written or said that you have to agree with anyone, I gave my opinion; and it wasn't much of an opinion, it was almost all facts or things from the wiki.

Edited by Cornchips

I logged in yesterday after months on not playing and I meet drakespirit at remainings of my deed... Pulled 5 tower guards to kamikaze him, too bad he killed them and chased me down.

Fun part. When I was coming back for body, I meet him ~2-3km away from spot charging right at me. Looked like he kept his agro over half of map.

Never met these spirits, but seems to me that instead of asking for a game changing nerf, you could ask for help or even hire fighters to come help with your problem. Just like a rl small town would have done in the old ages.

I dont suppose you've tried archery? you dont even need to have much skill in it, most things, even champion valrei spawns, will go down pretty fast when archered, just get a few villagers to shoot it while the templars hold it's attention job done you get rid of it, get some archery skill and maybe a nice bonus for your village from the drop.

That said i dont see why we shouldn't stop them walking through walls, i know they're spirits and all but it does seem a little unfair :P

Edit: Also if you set the templars to not target aggro's for a short while and as you said everyone had logged off, the drakespirit would have nothing to aggro onto and would likely wander off in search of something else to attack

Edited by Bart

I dont suppose you've tried archery? you dont even need to have much skill in it, most things, even champion valrei spawns, will go down pretty fast when archered, just get a few villagers to shoot it while the templars hold it's attention job done you get rid of it, get some archery skill and maybe a nice bonus for your village from the drop.

That said i dont see why we shouldn't stop them walking through walls, i know they're spirits and all but it does seem a little unfair :P

Edit: Also if you set the templars to not target aggro's for a short while and as you said everyone had logged off, the drakespirit would have nothing to aggro onto and would likely wander off in search of something else to attack

Could try venom weapons aswell. I remember back in february when no gumps spawned on chaos and they were impossible to kill only venom weapons was effective

I'm sorry but

>Drakespirit

>Spirit

It's a ghost. And you're complaining that it can move through walls.

Please stop

I'm sorry but

>Drakespirit

>Spirit

Please stop

Surprised there's no wurmpedia page on drake spirits. Would love to see what they look like - and please tell me they don't just look like the John Kellon player model.

My sympathies, Sweaty.

drakesprits can be taken down by two good fighters. If you dont have good fight skill group up with a bunch of people and call guards on it. Archer it. Do whatever, but theyre DRAKE SPIRITS. Yes, they're going to be strong and yes, they're going to ignore walls. One alternative to high skill in fighting is to bring in more people with lower skill in fighting. The other alternative is to play on a server where fighting is optional.

Drakespirits didn't always go through walls. I seem to remember that being a change made since people were penning them.

You have multiple options, a <10 channelling, <60 faith <21 soul strength mag priest can dom them pretty often and easy.

a venom or rt weapon with SD does wonders. I killed one @ 50 fs by only scoring a minor hit.

It's complaints like this that got them removed from freedom, where I thought "finally, something interesting is happening"

They really aren't that strong.

I agree with Makarus, it's about resources. If you're too low skilled to kill it by yourselves then I would definately recommend bringing in help. Wurm is an MMO and the chances are that someone out there will be happy to give you a hand. :)

Your one option is to spawn at the starter deed basically, or a nearby allied deed. Mines are also an option. Drakespirits are simply stupid, they would be somewhat ok if they were weaker but they're not. They're overpowered and walk through walls.

I'm sorry but

>Drakespirit

>Spirit

Please stop

That doesn't work, I don't have my guards set to attack aggros, and they auto attack drakes when they wander on deed as they are 'enemy' creatures. That said, yesterday I was afk, and came back to find a drakespirit wandered on deed and killed all my templars, and was fighting one that respawned.

[19:06:54] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:06:55] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar hard in the right underarm and irritates it.

[19:06:57] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[19:06:57] Aged drakespirit bites Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[19:07:00] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the left thigh and irritates it.

[19:07:06] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the right thigh and hurts it.

[19:07:13] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:07:16] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:07:17] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:07:17] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:08:17] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the left underarm and irritates it.

[19:08:19] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:08:20] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the chest and irritates it.

[19:08:26] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:08:28] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:08:30] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[19:08:31] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left thigh and irritate it.

[19:08:31] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:08:33] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:08:36] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the left hand and irritates it.

[19:08:37] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:08:37] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar extremely hard in the left hand and hurts it.

[19:08:37] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:08:40] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:08:40] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:08:43] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:08:46] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:08:49] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the left thigh.

[19:08:52] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:08:57] Aged drakespirit claws Spirit templar very hard in the left hand and irritates it.

[19:08:57] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:08:58] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:09:02] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:09:02] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:09:03] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:04] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the stomach.

[19:09:07] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the chest.

[19:09:08] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:13] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:13] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:09:13] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:09:16] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left underarm and irritate it.

[19:09:16] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:09:18] Aged drakespirit seems to target your upper right parts.

[19:09:19] Aged drakespirit targets your upper right parts.

[19:09:19] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:09:19] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:09:19] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:09:20] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:23] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:23] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:09:27] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:27] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:27] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:09:27] Aged drakespirit claws you extremely hard in the head and hurts it.

[19:09:28] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:09:33] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:09:34] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right underarm and irritate it.

[19:09:34] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:09:37] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the left thigh.

[19:09:37] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:09:38] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:41] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:09:41] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:09:43] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:43] Aged drakespirit claws you very hard in the right upper arm and hurts it.

[19:09:46] That move is too advanced for you.

[19:09:47] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:47] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:09:47] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:09:47] Aged drakespirit bites you extremely hard in the top of the back and harms it.

[19:09:47] You barely evade the blow to the right upper arm.

[19:09:51] Aged drakespirit claws you very hard in the right upper arm and hurts it.

[19:09:52] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the stomach.

[19:09:58] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:00] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:10:02] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:04] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:10:04] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the left underarm.

[19:10:04] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right thigh and irritate it.

[19:10:04] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:07] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:07] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:07] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:10:07] The attack to the right shoulder glances off your armour.

[19:10:07] The attack to the right shoulder glances off your armour.

[19:10:07] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:10:07] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:10] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the left thigh.

[19:10:11] Aged drakespirit seems to focus.

[19:10:13] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:10:16] Aged drakespirit now seems more focused.

[19:10:16] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:10:17] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:18] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:10:21] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:22] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:10:22] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the chest.

[19:10:23] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:10:27] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:27] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:27] The attack to the chest glances off your armour.

[19:10:27] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:10:27] The attack to the right upper arm glances off your armour.

[19:10:28] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:10:28] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:31] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:10:31] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:32] Aged drakespirit claws you very hard in the neck and hurts it.

[19:10:34] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the left underarm.

[19:10:40] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:10:42] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:43] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:43] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:44] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:44] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:44] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:48] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:48] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:48] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:10:49] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:50] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:10:53] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:54] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:10:54] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:10:54] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:11:03] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:03] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:03] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:11:05] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:06] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:06] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:11:07] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:11] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:11] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:11] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:11:12] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:14] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:15] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:18] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:21] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:24] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:25] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:27] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:29] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:31] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:31] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:31] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:11:32] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:11:32] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:33] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:36] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:36] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:36] You skillfully evade the blow to the left underarm.

[19:11:39] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:40] You open yourself to an attack from Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:40] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:11:42] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:44] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:11:44] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:11:52] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:11:55] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the left thigh and irritates it.

[19:12:01] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:12:06] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the left underarm and hurts it.

[19:12:11] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard hard in the left underarm and irritates it.

[19:12:16] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the chest and irritates it.

[19:12:17] Mol Rehan tower guard kicks Aged drakespirit hard in the right foreclaw and slaps it.

[19:12:17] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[19:12:17] Aged drakespirit bites Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the right thigh and hurts it.

[19:12:17] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:12:21] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the right thigh and hurts it.

[19:12:25] Aged drakespirit makes a circular powerful sweep!

[19:12:29] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:12:33] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:12:34] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:12:35] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the left underarm and irritates it.

[19:12:37] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[19:12:37] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:12:39] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:12:41] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard hard in the chest and irritates it.

[19:12:43] You try to maul a Aged drakespirit.

[19:12:45] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:12:45] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:12:46] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the right underarm and hurts it.

[19:12:49] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:12:49] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left underarm and irritate it.

[19:12:49] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:12:54] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard hard in the left hand and irritates it.

[19:12:55] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right thigh and irritate it.

[19:12:55] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:12:56] Mol Rehan tower guard regains his bearings.

[19:12:58] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the chest.

[19:13:01] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:13:04] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:13:06] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[19:13:07] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left thigh and irritate it.

[19:13:07] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:08] Mol Rehan tower guard regains his bearings.

[19:13:12] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the right underarm and irritates it.

[19:13:13] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:13:13] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:19] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:13:19] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:20] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[19:13:20] Aged drakespirit bites Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the right underarm and irritates it.

[19:13:20] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard hard in the right underarm and irritates it.

[19:13:20] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the chest and irritates it.

[19:13:22] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the right underarm.

[19:13:25] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:13:28] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the stomach.

[19:13:29] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:13:33] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:13:33] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the right thigh.

[19:13:34] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right foreclaw and irritate it.

[19:13:34] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:37] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:13:37] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:38] Mol Rehan tower guard seems to shelter his left parts.

[19:13:41] Aged drakespirit seems to focus.

[19:13:43] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:13:46] Aged drakespirit now seems more focused.

[19:13:46] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:13:46] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:48] Aged drakespirit claws Mol Rehan tower guard very hard in the neck and irritates it.

[19:13:49] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:13:51] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:13:56] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:13:56] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left foreclaw and irritate it.

[19:13:56] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:13:57] Aged drakespirit tailwhips Mol Rehan tower guard extremely hard in the top of the back and hurts it.

[19:13:57] Aged drakespirit moves in to attack you.

[19:14:01] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:14:04] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:05] Aged drakespirit tries to bite you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:05] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:14:07] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right thigh and irritate it.

[19:14:07] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:10] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:10] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:14:10] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:14:14] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:14:15] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:14:15] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:16] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:16] Aged drakespirit makes a bad move and is an easy target!

[19:14:16] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:14:18] Aged drakespirit regains her bearings.

[19:14:19] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:19] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:19] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:14:19] The attack to the right hand glances off your armour.

[19:14:19] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the stomach.

[19:14:22] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:14:23] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:14:25] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the right thigh.

[19:14:28] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:28] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:14:28] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:31] Aged drakespirit seems to focus.

[19:14:31] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:14:31] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:34] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:34] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the right underarm.

[19:14:35] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:14:37] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:37] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:37] Aged drakespirit makes a bad move and is an easy target!

[19:14:37] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:14:37] You can not bash Aged drakespirit - she is already stunned.

[19:14:37] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left foreclaw and irritate it.

[19:14:37] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:39] Aged drakespirit regains her bearings.

[19:14:40] Aged drakespirit claws you hard in the right thigh and irritates it.

[19:14:40] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:14:40] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:43] Aged drakespirit skillfully evades the blow to the right underarm.

[19:14:46] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:14:48] Aged drakespirit suddenly goes into a frenzy.

[19:14:49] Aged drakespirit seems to target your left parts.

[19:14:49] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:14:49] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:49] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:14:53] Aged drakespirit targets your left parts.

[19:14:53] Aged drakespirit is sprawling on the ground.

[19:14:53] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:14:53] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:55] Aged drakespirit regains her bearings.

[19:14:55] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:55] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left underarm and irritate it.

[19:14:55] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:14:57] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:57] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:14:57] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:14:57] You barely evade the blow to the right underarm.

[19:14:57] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.

[19:14:58] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[19:14:58] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:15:02] You skillfully evade the blow to the stomach.

[19:15:04] Aged drakespirit barely evades the blow to the right underarm.

[19:15:07] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:15:07] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left thigh and irritate it.

[19:15:07] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:15:10] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left thigh and irritate it.

[19:15:10] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:15:12] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:15:13] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:15:15] Aged drakespirit stuns you!

[19:15:16] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:15:17] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:15:17] Aged drakespirit tries to tailwhip you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:15:17] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:15:17] Aged drakespirit claws you very hard in the chest and hurts it.

[19:15:19] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:15:22] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:15:22] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the stomach and irritate it.

[19:15:22] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:15:23] You aim to push Aged drakespirit over with your shield.

[19:15:27] Aged drakespirit swiftly dodges your shield.

[19:15:27] Your attack glances off Aged drakespirit's armour.

[19:15:28] Aged drakespirit tries to claw you but you raise your shield and parry.

[19:15:28] You easily parry with your small maul.

[19:15:28] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the right thigh and irritate it.

[19:15:28] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

[19:15:31] You maul Aged drakespirit extremely hard in the left thigh and irritate it.

[19:15:31] Your maul affects Aged drakespirit.

Only 1 tower guard was able to respond to my calls 5 tiles from a tower oddly. With only 1 tower guard, or 1 templar helping at any point, one 'fighter' was able to kill a drakespirit. Count all the hits, with a small maul, and tell me if a group of lesser fighters with gank bonus can or cannot kill one? The main key is to stay out of range of the AoE stun that injures you. That said, if the spirit ability remains, their speed needs to be toned down. This one was keeping up with a horse going 25 km/h when I was trying to switch tanks to a tower guard.

I have read in this post to archer drakespirits. I have also heard in Epic Kchat that they are immune to archery, the same as a unique. Which is it? Also, walking through walls is overpowered, and something that takes more than one good fighter to kill and can't be outrun, as well as attacks you before you can even see it... that is one overpowered combination. Nerfing their fighting skills isn't needed, but making them able to be outrun and preventing them from walking through walls would stop all this nonsense. Other than deed guards walking through walls and tower guards walking through locked gates, there are no other creatures that can walk through structures without being led through on a rope or ridden through (without bashing). If they bashed, that would be one thing, but walking straight through? How do you expect new players to even want to try out Epic if they are as good as dead as soon as one of these things is even in their local? Once again, I am not asking for their fighting skills to be nerfed, but their speed and ability to walk through walls do need a nerf. Oh yeah, add a model so we can actually see them, please and thank you.

A key thing I would like to mention is being aware of your surroundings, it is on a pvp server and even if you don't see enemy in local you should still be alert and watching for creatures and these ones in particular. I can only speak for myself but I always spot drakespirits in thick woodland while traveling and before I hit their aggro range ( which is much larger than most). Please try and look at it as a challenge to overcome and if nothing else - some motivation to improve your fighting skills as afterall it is a fighting server. I too was disappointed at their removal from Freedom servers, it was nice to have something that was a challenge for once and was keen to go help others take care of them. I would hate to see Epic go the same way so I again will plead for people to rise to the challenge...

• Like 1

You're clearly missing the point.

I don't think drakespirits should be in this game. While things like nogumps need much more than just 2 fighters, atleast you can escape and hide from them, and them having the ability to break down your walls. I find this much more fair than having a monster behind you that you probably can't outrun and can't hide from unless you happen to be with more than one or near a deed.

I'm not missing the point. There is no legitimate point to miss. The OP is clearly new to the game and does not have Fight Skill. Instead of crying about something that isn't broken on the forum he needs to get help from his kingdom.

I'm GLAD there are things in the game that make it frightening. Wurm was getting boring.

• Like 1

I do think they should be toned down a bit. I mean walking through walls, stunning a dozen times, 70fs, and causing internal wounds that can't be healed normally... overpowered much?

Maybe drop their strength by a bit so that they do smaller damage but keep all the other goodies that they currently have.

I have read in this post to archer drakespirits. I have also heard in Epic Kchat that they are immune to archery, the same as a unique. Which is it?

Archery works, found out today it is quite better than melee actually. Was just afraid all this time I'd lose my arrows since it's a spirit, but they drop after it is dead.

I have read in this post to archer drakespirits. I have also heard in Epic Kchat that they are immune to archery, the same as a unique. Which is it?

I said to archer them when every one was talking about them in JK's chat, lots of folks popped up that they were immune, rather than argue with them I just said have fun melee'ing them.

If you see one shoot an arrow at it from long range, you might be pleasantly surprised.

edit: ahh MrGary beat me to it.

Edited by belthize