Sign in to follow this  
CommonEnemy

World In Balance [Winter, 2012]

Your work with nuclear fusion is very interesting. I wish that Brazil can help in the research. The United States can be a large help as well. In fact, I hope that all countries of the world will work together to accomplish this amazing technological feat. If this is the future, then we don't have to be afraid of it anymore.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

China would like to extend a research agreement to Sweden in the interest of finding a new future to renewable energy, citing their work on sustainable Nuclear Fusion as a good precursor.

Sweden accepts

Great! China will also extend our hand to Brazil (and their wonderfully helpful deposits of Uranium) to assist in this research project.

Our diplomats will forward you briefings within the hour, and make the necessary arrangements to include your nations in the proceedings. You should likewise make these arrangements for yourselves. (Add it to your turns)

Brazil is now making the arrangements. We are glad that the world is deciding to work together.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Most turns are in. I'd love to do a turn but as a student I have to have priorities. I'll try to get one done by the weekend. In the mean time, things are really heating up keep up the excellent interactions amongst yourselves. Extend trade relationships. And if you can't get enough, feel free to start your own game. Back in the day we had three of them going at once, some were wurm themed, others post-apocalyptic.

Hmm, could you give us a time and date to have turns in by then? I won't decide on anything for certain until as late as possible :P and don't worry about being tied down, being a student is a hard way of life... I should know... :P

Hmm, could you give us a time and date to have turns in by then? I won't decide on anything for certain until as late as possible :P and don't worry about being tied down, being a student is a hard way of life... I should know... :P

Sure, I'm working on PST so let's say if you get them in Saturday morning around 10? In the meanwhile I'm trying to send my own "diplomatic" suggestions to those who have come up with turns to keep the momentum going.

10pm or am? And if you are doing that then I may put mine in tomorrow :)

Brazil has decided to back out of China's nuclear fusion research agreement because of a lack of transparency and unwillingness to let the United States help because they are considered "untrustworthy." We are now forming a group of countries that will work together on this project equally, so none of us can benefit over another.

Well said Sir Arowhun. Nuclear Fusion for all!

BjornYngvar is now stating that he never said anything against transparency. However, he didn't take back his comment on the United States.

Brazil has decided to back out of China's nuclear fusion research agreement because of a lack of transparency and unwillingness to let the United States help because they are considered "untrustworthy." We are now forming a group of countries that will work together on this project equally, so none of us can benefit over another.

I'm sorry but you suck at reading.

The jist of what I said is that I don't want the project's details (The equations, theories, prototypes, etc) leaked to the world at large until the project is done, at which point we would release the finished product to everyone.

I NEVER said I would withhold information from ANYONE. The only 'secrecy' is wanting to keep the project status under wraps from nations NOT involved until it's done.

I said:

Welcome, comrades, and thank you for your assistance in this glorious Chinese project.

The briefing is as follows:

China requests that the nations of Sweden and Brazil send their best Nuclear Physicists, Chemists, Physicists, Engineers, and other like minded individuals to China post haste to assist in the Cold-Fusion Reactor research project.

Until such time that the project is completed, we hope you understand there will be no release of information, materials, theories, equations, or prototypes to any nation and all work will remain in China.

After the completion of the project and successful testing of a Cold-Fusion Reactor, China will release all information regarding the project to the world at large, including the plans, prototypes, blueprints, and all theories and equations leading up to the discovery. This, to ensure a better world and less dependance on dwindling natural resources for energy.

The People's Republic sincerely hopes that you and your scientists will respect this Non-Disclosure Agreement up until the completion and successful testing of a sustainable Cold-Fusion Reactor and abide by the rules laid out therein. Any disclosure of classified information to non-operating nations (Sweden, China, and Brazil) will result in the expulsion from the project and denial of use of the end results.

As per our request for your scientists to be sent to China, the Chinese Government will do it's best to ensure their safety, security, and comfort while they live and work in the People's Republic. All housing and food costs will be covered by the Chinese Government as well as transportation back home upon completion of the project.

Thank you and fortune be yours,

HanTzu

Paramount Leader, PRC

Sorry, it seemed from how you wrote it that everything would "remain in China" "up until the completion and successful testing of a sustainable Cold-Fusion Reactor." When I wanted to research with your country I wasn't interested in giving you my best nuclear scientists to work on a project that I'm told little about. Yeah I would be told about it afterwards, but I have trouble trusting a country that has recently expelled all foreign investors.

"As far as opening the project to the United States, that is out of the question. I do not trust their government to be held accountable for their own actions and be held at an arms length from the corporations of America."

-BjornYngvar

PRC Paramount Leader

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Oh my god you are a terrible reader.

YOU, since you would be WORKING on the project, would be told EVERYTHING.

People who WOULDN'T be working on it WOULDN'T be told anything until AFTER it was done.

Combine politics with the internet and you get... :lol:

• Like 1

We say the things to each other that real politicians WISH they could say.

I bet you money if RL politics were like this every nation in the world would be openly trolling/flaming North Korea

You're trying to attempt Cold Fusion?

...politicians are mostly not physicists it appears...

And I personally wouldn't join, mostly because of how it's a "Glorious Chinese Project..."

From Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia:

"By late 1989, most scientists considered cold fusion claims dead, and cold fusion subsequently gained a reputation as pathological science."

...politicians are mostly unable to research things too it appears...

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

Cold fusion is perfectly possible just very hard and time consuming. That's why I'm devoting so much of China's resources into it.

I also like how you're citing a source from 13-14 years ago. Technology has come a LONG way since '89

I suggest we work together on creating strategies to reduce pollution. In the next turn you will see that I am busy with creating new laws that will guide Brazil towards a greener and sustainable future. I am doing this by creating incentives for people to invest money into green industries. For example, all new buildings built in Brazil starting in 2023 will have to be 100% sustainable. This goal may sound outrageous, but it is actually quite possible for this to be done. Since the rainforest is not being cut anymore, our nation has lost a huge industry. I am replacing this industry with sustainable tree farms. Bamboo will probably become the main source of wood since it grows very quickly and has a higher tensile strength then steel.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

2023 is like 11 years away. That's 44 turns.

With each turn being roughly 6 months that will be 22 turns :)

This is as fast as this research can go. Cold Fusion research should take a long time to be this realistic as well (if CommonEnemy decides to make it possible). Maybe if things get dull we can all decide to skip 5 years. :P

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Where are you getting six months? Going by the thread title (Winter 2012) he's probably going to do quarterly. 1 season (3 months) to a turn.

How to Play

Pick a country, any country. This is your country, you get to do whatever you want.

Every turn you send me a private message telling me what you want to do. This is the physical, tangible stuff. For instance, do you want to defend your coastline, with what? Do you want to invest in solar energy? Do you want to attack Chancellor Jim with nuclear submarines? Details count. The more you tell me, the more I know, and the easier it is for me to visualize your victory over the known world. That being said, I would like to set a cap at 1000 words maximum. I don't want to be reading novels, also consider layout when planning your turn so it's easy for me to refer back. Each turn takes place over 6 months.

Read the last sentence.

Edited by Sir Arowhun