Sign in to follow this  
CommonEnemy

World In Balance [Winter, 2012]

Russia declines the proposed alliance with china citing the recent Chinese decision to expel all foriegn investors as "an unusual decision in today's global economy"

How, exactly, do you figure that as an 'Unusual decision'? The 'foreign investors' that were in China were taking advantage of China's lack of labour laws to operate mass sweat-shops with very little pay and no return to the Chinese nation.

I am revitalising my economy by ejecting these populace destroying 'foreign investors'

I'd like to propose a strengthening of trade agreements between South Africa and the United Kingdom, especially in terms of the export of mining from SA to the UK.

You could just introduce the labour laws instead of wiping out your economy.

European Union should reconsider it's politics which leads to old/new union separation or even collapse.

Italy sends message to Russia complimenting its focus on modernization and the creative approach taken to address the country's issues (albeit with a delicate use of words, avoiding the word "issues"). Furthermore it is suggested that the President of Italy pay a visit to Russia in the near future and a complimentary crate of the finest Italian wines has been sent.

Italy keeps otherwise very quiet on an international level and makes no note of China's rapid change.

Edited by Wiro
  • Like 1

Italy sends message to Russia complimenting its focus on modernization and the creative approach taken to address the country's issues (albeit with a delicate use of words, avoiding the word "issues"). Furthermore it is suggested that the Prime Minister of Italy pay a visit to Russia in the near future and a complimentary crate of the finest Italian wines has been sent.

Italy keeps otherwise very quiet on an international level and makes no note of China's rapid change.

Russia would like thank the honourable president of Italy for his kind words today. The russian people take great pride in being noticed by the worlds cultural leader, and the the goverment would like show its gratitude by holding a state dinner in his honour.

It is hoped this will be one of many visits by the italian president in the coming months and years.

The complimentary crate of the finest Italian wines was well received, with russias president noting that ..."we must get some more of this fine stuff"....

Rumours that several bottles later the president was seen arguing with a coat stand are unfounded.

You could just introduce the labour laws instead of wiping out your economy.

European Union should reconsider it's politics which leads to old/new union separation or even collapse.

I don't think you read the turn very well. It didn't wipe out my economy. There was a brief period where things kind of turned upside down, but it righted itself very quickly and further reforms will continue to strengthen China's working class.

And even if I did introduce stricter labour laws it would have had the same effect. Outsourcing corporations would have immediately closed all factories and warehouses in China following the introduction of a minimum wage and worker's rights. Doing it this way ensures I maintain the infrastructure built by the foriegn investors.

• Like 1

Brazil is very happy about the decision of China. Now we will grow faster then ever before!

Edited by Sir Arowhun

China is not closing its economy, merely seizing and nationalising all factories and outsourced production industrial zones to improve workforce conditions.

China will resume exportation of product. However it will no longer be the cheaply produced, dirt cheap crap people are used to.

It is time for China to step up and take its place at the apex of world economy.

It is time for China to step up and take its place at the apex of world economy.

You are not the "apex of the world economy." The USA GDP is still 9 trillion ahead of you. This is a huge difference in comparison to the countries that are not far behind you (Japan, Germany, France, Brazil).

Edited by Sir Arowhun

You seem to have a small reading problem. I said it was time for China to step up and take its place at the apex, not that we were already there.

China is home to almost 2/7 of the world's population and is the largest manufacturing nation in the world. The only reason our Gross Domestic Product is so low is because most of it doesn't stay within China and our workers were paid so little by outsourcing companies.

USA's GDP will drop dramatically with the loss of their Chinese cheap labour force, and China's will rapidly rise with fair pay and more readily accessible product.

USA's GDP will drop dramatically with the loss of their Chinese cheap labour force, and China's will rapidly rise with fair pay and more readily accessible product.

You expect them and everyone else to accept that you're screwing them over?

Remember that China income comes from export, and by making other "poor" you won't get "rich" if noone will buy your stuff.

And mass production model is not good when you aim for internal market.

• Like 1

You expect them and everyone else to accept that you're screwing them over?

What are they going to do about it? I'm China. There's a reason no one has attacked the People's Republic since WWII.

Remember that China income comes from export, and by making other "poor" you won't get "rich" if noone will buy your stuff.

And mass production model is not good when you aim for internal market.

I never said I wasn't going to stop exports. What I'm stopping is the ridiculous labour practices that were prevalent before the expulsion. Once I take care of the worker's rights I can start exporting higher quality goods.

What are they going to do about it? I'm China. There's a reason no one has attacked the People's Republic since WWII.

That reason is because you WERE a major trading partner... well I'm lol'ing

• Like 1

No that reason is because China has the largest land army in the world by several magnitudes. Currently the People's Liberation Army has almost 3,000,000 active personnel with 800,000 in reserve. Their 'current fit for service' recruitable population is over 618,000,000 people. 318,000,000+ if you just recruit men.

Compare that to the main trading partner of China, the United States, who's entire civilian population is only 314,000,000 and who's military is only <1,500,000 active <1,500,000 reserve and less than 75,000,000 fit for service recruitable.

I'm not trying to play the 'big bad country' card I'm trying to develop my economy and I'm doing it in the best way possible: Ejecting the foreign 'investors' who are ruining China's economy with almost-no pay sweatshops. But China is not a country to be screwed around with in any means.

The President of Italy has made a formal appearance at Russia's black-tie state dinner, held at the Kremlin. This as per an invitation from the Russian president. Other attendants include the Italian president's wife and daughter. The banquet existed of some Russian specialties, although as per the custom the majority of food available was French.

A toast was made by the Italian President, raising a glass of fine Italian red wine, complimenting Russia once again.

It is reported that later on in a private setting the two state leaders carried on their conversation, after which the Italian President boarded a plane. This morning, arriving safely at the Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport in Rome, the president had but few words to say about his visit to Russia.

"In times like these European countries should work closely together."

I'm going to try and get a turn out tomorrow. Some countries haven't responded to the last turn and I'd like to give them a chance. Also I'm fairly busy this week. Keep up the diplomacy!

I'd like to jump in this game.

I'll play as Canada.

In the interest of my country I'm willing to entertain the thought of selling off rights to oilfields or sell a steady supply of oil in return for various technological research that can be discussed to any interested party. Same hold true for timber.

If any such interest is taken some of the money will be used to fund research into alternative energy sources as well as generous grants to anyone who is interested in moving to Canada to research.

Exploratory mining operations are to begin in swaths of unpopulated area to further judge our mineral resources.

In addition, in order to better facilitate movement and create more jobs there will be an increase of construction or roadways and railroads as well as general maintenance.

To satisfy any carebears ~ any petitions requesting preservation of our national wildlife will be taken into consideration.

The President of Italy has made a formal appearance at Russia's black-tie state dinner, held at the Kremlin. This as per an invitation from the Russian president. Other attendants include the Italian president's wife and daughter. The banquet existed of some Russian specialties, although as per the custom the majority of food available was French.

A toast was made by the Italian President, raising a glass of fine Italian red wine, complimenting Russia once again.

It is reported that later on in a private setting the two state leaders carried on their conversation, after which the Italian President boarded a plane. This morning, arriving safely at the Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport in Rome, the president had but few words to say about his visit to Russia.

"In times like these European countries should work closely together."

Sweden begins to come up with other ways of alternative energy that does not affect the nature as cruel as oil.

Sweden wants to make an agreement with Russia since we are out of the same type of culture & race.

Edited by Che

China would like to extend a research agreement to Sweden in the interest of finding a new future to renewable energy, citing their work on sustainable Nuclear Fusion as a good precursor.

Just a note: things that are more of an action or a verb or a physical thing that you are doing, should be sent to me as a private message as your turn. Anything that is communication or something you are saying can be done wherever.