Sign in to follow this  
Hussars

Add Basic Tools To The Item Spawner/new Character Inventory On Test Server Only

Hi all,

Not seeing this anywhere in the forum archive, but cannot imagine it has never been requested formally.

Add tools to item spawn option on the TEST Server.

It already provides weapons and armor, including drake sets, resource bundles (which you can't do a lot with) and other odds and ends at variable ql, but lacks the one thing you can currently only get from a gm request... basic tools.

With the time zone differences, having a gm always logged into test just isn't possible, so please add maybe a tool bundle (like the resource box) or each tool as a line item, whichever is easier for you to code. Or inventory/equipment default like the chain set.

It's the test server, it doesn't have to be pretty, we just need a reliable way to know we will have the tools to test the items you're asking us to.

• Like 1

The test server actually started out that way.

But then people decided to play on the test server rather than on the regular ones. (no pay, full skill and cheats!)

So they removed the toolbox to make it rather annoying for anyone to start without supervision.

It's questionable whether they will give them back.

The usual method is to write a /support ticket on the regular game or on the bug forum, mentioning that you want to try something. The GMs will usually arrange to meet on the test server. (as long as your request is reasonable)

Edited by Keldun

A good way to combat people playing on test in lieu of real servers as a primary thing would be to have scheduled rollbacks. I know I wouldn't want to spend all my time playing on test if I knew that nothing I did would last more than a week, for example.

That way, the people who wish to actually test are much more likely to be the ones logging in. If your goal is to test, you don't care as much about your fancy enclosure poofing every few days.

I definitely think that the test server should be made a bit more user-friendly - however, we don't want it to become a home for anyone and everyone. Server rollbacks all the time could get in the way of actual dev testing - and so I think it'd be better to just have extremely quick decay times on anything a player makes, e.g 24 hours and it goes poof. That way litter on the test server wouldn't be a problem nor would people trying to live there be a problem - so unsupervised testing would be acceptable and we'd be able to have more tools. :)

Yeah that would work and devs can make deeds so they would not be affected by the decay limitation.

If someone has something valid to test please PM myself with the details and I can arrange either for the player themselves to get the necessary items or we have a small CA/CM/GM test team that can look into the issue (Given enough details)

If someone has something valid to test please PM myself with the details and I can arrange either for the player themselves to get the necessary items or we have a small CA/CM/GM test team that can look into the issue (Given enough details)

While I can understand the intent, this kind of defeats the idea of a public test server.

For myself,I tend to just log in to try some random silliness for a bit. Having to request a GM to come help me out, or to test it for me, again, kind of defeats the purpose.

As to GM testing, I'm rather surprised they don't have a development server not open to the public for this.