Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Unplayable

If you are going to go the sleep bonus route, just give out sleep powder. Saves tweaking the code to allow for more than 5 banked hours.

• Like 3

LMFAO. Just now this morning Celebrity has gone down completely. And my horse and cart are off deed. :D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Sarcaticous

Same with Deliverence, I'm sailing and leading friends horse. Just great :P...

If you are going to go the sleep bonus route, just give out sleep powder. Saves tweaking the code to allow for more than 5 banked hours.

I suggested that to Rolf a long time ago, but we came up with the /fsleep command in the end, because it would be too much work to code.

Edited by Maximustehgreat

Currently the people with access to the blog are Rolf, Wossoo and some of the lead devs such as Zcul. Although many posts are by Rolf it was getting confusing whenever anyone else posted and so having a dedicated dev blog account is better. I can see what you mean though about not always knowing who has posted what - we could consider making it so that whoever posts on the blog has to sign their name at the bottom so that players know who made each post.

While it's a good idea to sign with name, that is not the Issue Kegan had, (Wosso actually signed that post "W"). The issue was that, because of the usage of the Rolf account, he was no longer certain whether the regular forum Rolf, was still Rolf or just some fancy PR-strategy. But that problem is already solved, by the new blog acount.

sleepbonus is fine.. but i already have 4 hours :/

And there is the problem. Because you happened to have sleep bonus are you less worthy than others when sleep bonus is handed out due to WURM issues? I understand that nothing has to be handed out. We could all be told to go diddle ourselves when WURM goes down for an appreciable amount of time. Also, since any change would most likely be a code related issue I would rather some of the improvements get done instead. I can get all the sleep bonus I need in game.

Indy just went down

*sigh* here I was hoping it was just my internet giving a *hickup*, lucky that I just moored my boat near the clayspot I was sailing out to XP

We never seen this much downtime before the hosting was change..just saying. I know they are/were having trouble with hackers in the area by the PR reports but we were having trouble before that to be honest.

Oh what a surprise! Its down again!

Chaos is dead.

I can't login to elevation.

Or to JKH.

Edited by Wiro

hmm, seems like Rolf has another fun wurm weekend ahead of him XD

oh well, as long as nothing serious got damaged XP

My suggestion to this annyoing problem for the staff is: Take it like "divine intervention" is taken. I dont have anything to do with laws and courts but i know this phrase is existing there and it means that no one is guilty(of the present parties), so no one has to pay for it.

Or in more modern terms: ###### happens.

And if someone is really annoyed by this connection-losts(im off since 20 minutes also) should develop an opinion against all sorts of hacking ######s, instead of admiring them and now whining for ###### compensation.

(what do all those ####### mean ? ######)

Edited by Aelfred

Might be an issue out of rolfs control this time, but as others have said before me, since this summer Wurm has been a total pile of lag. I've seen a few posts of Rolf how it was fixed and then it was okay for a few days, and it came back again. And again. And again. I could care less about reimbursed but it'd be nice if I could actually play the game I pay for, without losing horses/dying/other inconvienences all the time. It's nice that we get some sleep bonus but I'd rather have the team adress the acual problems wurm has been experiencing lately.. The other day I did a /uptime and it was at 9 days something. Normally the server goes down every 2 or 3 days for some maintenance.

• Like 1

It's nice that we get some sleep bonus but I'd rather have the team adress the acual problems wurm has been experiencing lately.

+1

Omg what am I going to do for the two hours the servers are down a month I might have to go out in the vicious sun and talk to real life people!

Nothing wrong with cheap marketing tricks persay, at least the ones that actually work.