Sign in to follow this  
Oceanus

Rare Guard Tower? -Indy

Are Rare Guard Towers actually something people seek? My buddy just made a Rare Guard tower today. Could someone let me know if this is actually a 'common' thing or not? We are located on the NE island on Indy. Thanks!

Not that common, and seeing as they give one additional guard at 60ql, they can be sought after.

• Like 1

i've never seen one and i travel a lot, second one i've heard of ever really too

If it is unfinished you can sell it if it's not to heavy to carry.

I was imping a guard tower for a friend on Deliverance when it became *rare* and actually I didn't even notice this until my friend mentioned it to me later. I guess since I was sort of inside of it was too close to see the faint flashing indicating it turned rare. If it truly does provide an extra guard this would be one of the more useful *rare* items in the game. Never bothered to imp it much over 50 as I don't live around that area to check on extra guard status.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

There is one at Willow Landing on Cele, and there's one near Northern Sanctuary.

Jamestown too on Cele. Would seem they are not really all that rare maybe.

So with a Supreme do you get 7 guards at 70ql?

Edited by Sarcaticous

I just built a very rare after 3 inspirations, so how much less common is he very rare than a rare? This is the 2nd guard tower that I built.

Rarity on guard towers occurs under the same situations as other rare items, but mainly from improving, as attaching rare components like brick, clay, and planks has a very low chance to turn rare due to the sheer number of components. "Very rare and interesting" is the description of every rare item on examination. Grats, notthebarber, I did not get any of my 5 towers built so far turned rare ;) , but I imped one rare, it is the one erected by Tedie in 2018, situated northwest of Vrock Landing Inn on Xanadu, 2721,2139 on community map.

There is one on Release at F21 - the deed there is long fallen, so there is a nice shiny guard tower overlooking a road between two nowheres.

15 hours ago, notthebarber said:

I just built a very rare after 3 inspirations, so how much less common is he very rare than a rare? This is the 2nd guard tower that I built.

1400891110277.jpg

• Cat 1

I accidentally imped one rare and after that it turned invisible from certain angles and distances, so if that's still a factor I'd say their bugginess far outweighs their usefulness. :P If not I guess it could be useful.