Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Disconnecting Constantly.

Checked my connection several times. Had the game on absolute lowest settings. Not sure what happened. I noticed it begin to disconnect when I opened the settings menu to see what I had it set at when I realized it was pretty low. Don't think it should have an effect but that is when it started. I didn't even change any settings, but afterward I began to disconnect every few minutes and with each disconnect they became closer together until finally I would just disconnect and disconnect with only a second or two of connection. I tried several times to just shut off the game and open another but that didn't change anything. I changed some settings and that didn't change anything either.

this is the opening sequence from the Community assistance window showing all the reconnects I had.

[19:53:16] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[20:37:10] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[20:40:52] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[21:21:05] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[21:42:23] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[21:44:49] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

Logging started 2012-09-26

[21:47:43] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[21:48:52] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[21:50:23] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:01:04] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:02:34] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:09:16] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:11:29] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:28:23] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:41:34] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:42:39] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:44:29] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:46:45] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:47:23] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:49:28] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:51:24] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:57:19] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

[22:59:21] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, type /ca.

Here is my system info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MARKUS-PC

System Manufacturer Acer

System Model Aspire 5517

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Athlon Processor TF-20, 1600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Acer V1.02, 7/9/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name Markus-PC\Markus

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.75 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.73 GB

Total Virtual Memory 5.49 GB

Available Virtual Memory 3.92 GB

Page File Space 2.75 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Please let me know anything else you need

This laptop uses AMD integrated graphics (unsure if it is ATI Mobility Radeon X1200 or ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 3200 Graphics, as I see spec sheets referring to both, maybe they are the same chip). Acer also usually ships their units with older versions of the video drivers (once they find one semi stable, they never change it) and the last time they even bothered with an updated to this notebook graphics driver was back in early 2009, so your best chance at improvement is to see if AMD will let you install a newer and better driver directly from them, as their drivers are more likely to support the OpenGL features used in this game.

Try this link for AMD notebook drivers:

64-bit Windows 7: http://support.amd.c..._win7-64.aspx#1

32-bit Windows 7: http://support.amd.c...ob_win7-32.aspx

Laptops tend to use low-power graphic adapters that are built for office/school work but in most cases, are NOT designed for gaming. Finding a better software video driver will often mean the difference between being able to play stable at very low framerates (15-25 fps), or having completely unplayable framerates and constant disconnects. Even if it ran better before, because of the very ancient drivers that Acer provides any small graphics change in the game could end up causing some newer conflicts if you are using older drivers that don;t fully support all OpenGL features.

There also may be some checkboxes in the game settings compatability tab that help but I am not well versed on those. Make sure rendering distances especially are at lowest settings.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

as I already stated the graphics settings and sound settings are on their LOWEST possible settings, also it isn't a frame rate issue I am having. The issue is that I will be playing and say driving a cart and I will notice that although I am moving correctly the cart is lagging in it's turns quite a bit. And, sure enough when I right click something it will show "refreshing" and stick like that for a min or more. After a second or two I will disconnect and then reconnect afterward and have a similar issue later on. I will try updating the driver but I am not having any issue with graphics.