Sign in to follow this  
mcnugget

Whatever Happened To Sharks?

Was this just a here and gone fad? I'd like to see them spawn again. Made sailing a boat more exciting every now and then.

Although I'm personally adverse to them (having been thrown off a Cog and eaten on the first day of Deli), I did like the idea once they were toned down to only attack smaller boats to add a little risk in sailing.

They were all killed, they don't respawn like regular mobs they were a semi unique I believe.

Yes, Wurm needs more sharks, but not the giant JAWS actor's kind. Those were right as uniques.

Once you saw one of them, you were done for, you couldn't flee, you couldn't fight, only thing you could do was die.

Only chance you had was if you were incidentally shipping some troops.

Edited by Keldun

You had to go get it back... or someone else had to salvage/drag it back for you.

I dont even know why the hell rolf made them this strong? On test in 1 hit it gave me a 37ql bad trough 90ql scale

Anything aquatic (other than Ubears) would be awesome.

Edited by Klaa

If these pests of the sea have crossed into the realm of extinction, I say *good riddance* to em'.

=Ayes=

I guess it would make sense if semi unique creatures like sharks, giant octopus (Not a real thing in Wurm...yet) etc spawn from special fishing tiles (Not in great numbers obviously) but would be nice to see them around

They weren't that bad. They were annoying when they would throw you off of any ship; they weren't immortal and were killable with half a dozen fighters. With the throwing toned down they would do fine as interesting, easily avoidable mobs that give a good challenge, but my bet is that Rolf coded them like unique chickens, meaning they starve within 3 days and never spawn back. That's why you only see them the first week of a servers opening :(

I wouldn't mind seeing them back. They were cool.

• Like 1

I hadn't realised that they were quite so deadly, most things kill me quickly given the chance.

So yeah, toned down and killable/escapable, they should be bought back!