Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Bell Towers, Ring Automatically Every -Set Time-

I think it'd be awesome if bell towers would ring automatically every in-game hour.

Having read recent commentary about Spirit Templars using Huge Oil Barrels to refuel Street Lamps, I think it would be clever if they rang the bell every real-time hour (server time).

Some people may not like this, so I suggest a toggle option upon right clicking bell-towers.

User suggestions are: Local bell towers ring for players when their custom timers run out. Since this is client side it wouldn't be a form of harass.

I think this would add a great atmospheric feel to player-owned deeds with Spirit Templars.

Please discuss what you like or dislike about this suggestion.

Edited by Mallaboro
  • Like 5

I think real-time hour would be nice, to help use it as a reminder for stuff like grooming and meditating and praying. I like the idea of it being handled with spirit templars and not just being automatic. I know we have the timers but the auditory reminder would be nice and if it shows up in an event window (a bell rings at Ebon Rih) that doesn't take up space like the timers or require setting.

• Like 1

We have an ingame countdown timer, why not link it to that :)? If you activate the ingame timer and you're on your own deed with a bell tower, itll ring when the timer runs out.

+1 :D

• Like 1

We have an ingame countdown timer, why not link it to that :)? If you activate the ingame timer and you're on your own deed with a bell tower, itll ring when the timer runs out.

+1 :D

That's neat too!

would so be cool if you can set it to ring at a certain time so as a reminder to pray or do something.

+1 to this. I would particularly enjoy it if my village bell rang when sunrise came around, so I would know it's safe to venture outside again :P

• Like 1

Theres been a need for some kind of ingame timer for longer time periods such as meditation questions. Having bells peel at player set times would be handy for this kind of application.

Also toss in various bell sounds, durations, and frequency. Though a player would need more bells if they really wanted to get complicated.

Edited by Klaa

Reading through some "old" suggestions and saw this one.. would love to hear the bell tower at noon every worm day.

+1

Edited by Acheronia

I would like to see this as a deed option

1. Ring bells on the hour.
  2. Ring bells at dawn and dusk.
  3. Ring bells on enemy attack.

I wouldn't like to see it ring every ingame hour, those go by way to quick, it would right like every 20 mins or less? A bit to much, but to have the option to have it ring on a person's disgression would be great