Sign in to follow this  
Kuro

Loading Carts And Containers

To make it easier and a lot less silly, i like to suggest that you can load a cart directly from a pile/bsb, With out passing true you inventory.

And also add the option to move items from a bsb to cart in bulk format (combined) eg, you select to move 30 wemp from bsb, set a tick in the extraction windown and get a combined wemp in your cart inventory (make it remember your last choice).

benefit

- less strain on the wrist moving countless items back and forth

- less strain on DB as less actions are performed, it might not sound like much but the actions pileup quick.

eg . Move 50 wemp from bsb to inventory, combine 50 items, move 1 item to cart VS move 1 Combined wemp to cart.

- it will just overall make more sense

(proberly an old suggestion :))

• Like 1

+1. There's this, which probably covers a lot of what you are asking. Adding a "combine" checkbox on FSB/BSB take dialog would be nice. Even better would be "take x bunches of y items". Leave y as 1 by default and you have the current functionality.

Perhaps cap it the same way as depositing items into a BSB - no more than 100x per withdrawl?

Perhaps cap it the same way as depositing items into a BSB - no more than 100x per withdrawl?

Not sure i understand, what is it you like to cap?

there is a natural cap size on materiels comming from a bsb based on max combined size, a container can max hold 100 items and a pile can also hold max 100 items. So over all there are a lot of natural "caps" in place.

+1 I have made many thread asking for ways to withdraw bundles from bulk bins.

Not needed. Right now, you can prove that the real problem is trying to make many communication attempts between server and client. I have deposited more then 5,000 wemp fibre in one drag with no lag or other problems. If client <---> server communication always used bundled quantities when dealing with bulk bins it would improve performance. Bulk bins average qualities so we don't need to worry about that.

Two possible limits concern exceeding what your toon can carry, and withdrawing more then 64 item count bundles. The first is already address. For the second, it should be designed so the bulk withdraw automatically bundles in 64 item count steps. So if I withdrew 640 wemp fibre in bulk form the result would be: 10 of 64 cnt bundles each weighting 32 kg appearing in inventory (Yes I can carry that much).

Edited by joedobo

As always I am against making things even easier with this system because the Bin system aleady gives a HUGE benefit as it is being able to store items instead of having them rot away. I liked the old system better and if we can go back to no bins one day I would like that as well.

As always I am against making things even easier with this system because the Bin system aleady gives a HUGE benefit as it is being able to store items instead of having them rot away. I liked the old system better and if we can go back to no bins one day I would like that as well.

My opinion, is that currently the way we load containers is beyond stupid, it's a flawed repetitive task which like many other things cannot be considered hard in anyway as you just need time and the will to click like mad. For gameplay it adds nothing at all excecpt to waste time that could have been used more productive.

A more intuitive system where you can fill the containers directly will just make more sense on so may levels.

+1

I'm all for clickage and drag n drop reduction. It really is a health problem. No kidding.