Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Some Things On Freedom That Must Change (Imho), Beginner Related

After hearing my ally ask to bash something yet another time I just had enough, I have to write this because either nobody is suggesting it or something is wrong with this game. And by the way I'll touch the rest of my problems.

BASHING and beginners

Make bashing things less restrictive on Freedom! This is insane to be constantly asked by friends allies and local beginners to bash some wall, gate or remove pavements and such. Even within ally that is not easy, because bonus doesn't magically translate to allies even tho they have to be manually allowed to bash in first place, which makes no sense.

Do you realize how many players suffer because of this. You can't expect beginners to know beforehand everything and plan entire area ahead, this is insane! It pains me to see all these players stuck because of it, it pains me even more to see them offer up to a silver for a bashed wall. What the hell is that supposed to be? Even I had problems living on an allied deed (I had another), I had to bug mayor constantly to bash every little thing for me or spend hours standing in from of them spamming space!

Finally, why isn't premium giving this feat straight away, regardless of any statistics?

I understand consequences of bashing very well, when it comes to PvP, but last time I've checked, there is none on Exo. So what's the deal?

PERIMETER and beginners

Why is it allowed to build a house on area, that is undeedable? Yes, you warn players - so what? So many I've seen do this mistake completely not realizing what they are doing, then subsequently just get very pissed. Some I allowed to rebuild on my deed or talked out of it in time, the rest just quit the game - no surprise here.

Sure, someone extends a deed and that messes someone beginner plans, this happens sometimes and in the current deed system is unavoidable (why exactly? but that's another point I'll make here), but it's completely beside the point, which is: beginners have no idea, tutorial doesn't even warn them not that it would help much. Lucky are the ones warned by me or other helpful players they stumble upon.

TERRAFORMING and beginners

Many I've counted to quit because of building walls/houses before doing any terraforming and then quit, because they couldn't fix it without spending ages on grinding and getting premium. Yes free players, newbs who cares right? Well I do, many of them I liked and I'd loved to keep playing with them, I'm sure they would become premiums as well eventually just as others did (the ones I went out of my way to help greatly) but I guess that's unimportant. You get magical money from heaven for this game development, makes sense.

DEED and beginners

1. The free perimeter should be called the free curse of confusion. Area that can't ever be deeded, dead area between deeds that is useless, area that you can't convert ever to a deed. Beginners don't understand this properly and it gets in the way later, when they try to expand or allow others to deed too close to them.

2. Inability to extend in one direction, proves costly and makes planning deed really hard. Again, a vet won't care, they get it already but beginners have to struggle with yet more future planning that they aren't ready to do at all! And replanting deeds is more confusion, more problems and more money.

TUNNELING and beginners

Not being able to close a tunnel tile or raise tunnel floor without paying big money to priests? Economy for mag priests? Well understandable, but is it right? Of course not, a sandbox needs a proper way to fix errors and paying 1 silver for a tile is hardly a proper way. Compensate Mag priests with other ways to make money and let beginners have some easier second chances.

DECAY and beginners

Seeing suddenly your house fallen apart after you log back next weekend is like a ticket to quitting. It's not because decay, but because beginner unawareness of how it works, as well as the fact it's extremely punishing at low quality, which is obviously where everyone starts! Sure, cleaning after all the quitters is good, but it can be done in other ways and there would be far less of it, if there were less quitters in first place. Game also doesn't make it easy to join a settlement, it's not intuitive to expect them to read forum to search for adds, then navigate alien land to find their deeds (yes, it really isn't!). The place that should have tools and systems to help that - being the starting deed location - has none, you can't even plant a sign there, not even a sign-note on trying the deed recruitment forum or link to community map.

TUTORIAL and beginners

Where is the part on planting trees? Why no proper explanation... or a mention even in some cases... on any of the above problems and mechanics? Tutorial is a great work yes, it's "hand" made I presume? Well artistically i love it, but practically it's just terrible wall-of-texting, which combined with heavy wiki-reliance, in an age where most people don't have time to study encyclopedias before playing a game, is quick ticket to just going somewhere else.

WHY do I even bother writing this?

Because I really like this game, I have made a lot of friends ingame and I would love to see it grow and expand, I see great potential in the level of freedom it allows. But at the same time I see players quitting because they just can't keep up with it and ever reach endgame, or are frustrated to find counter-intuitive obstacles and consequences to their actions, or simply because after some time it becomes boring with nothing really happening around them, no challenge or quick adventure or any events or exploration rewards.

But especially joining a community simply MUST become easier, without being part of some community rarely anyone stays at all and returning to game is often like starting over, with all you made in game gone forever. An advert I've made on recruitment forums was responded by 2 players over few months it's there now. TWO! While our ally grew by dozens simply asking new faces in local if they are interested - and they almost always are. So clearly, some problem is here and needs fixing!

Also on the notion of joining communities, not being able to really own any piece of deed is a major problem. Players, especially new, REALLY like owning land! Deeds should have an option to give parts of them to other players, so they have their own control over it, permissions and such. Sure it's lots of work, which is why it's not in the points I've made above - but it is extremely needed. Right now most "villages" are just one-man or few-close-friends deeds, which is not what I define as community. With the added issues of deed resizing and perimeter, it becomes hard to even deed next to each other, further spreading newcomers and making their in-game lives simply lonely.

Final notes

If you really don't see above problems, then consider that maybe you just don't see them any more. It definitely helps to be a new player and I've joined this game just over 6 months ago without ever knowing it existed. I know exactly how it felt and I've seen how other beginners felt, what they had problems with and what made them like the game and stay with it despite that. I really hope this post gets some proper attention and spawns a discussion on these issues and won't get dismissed because it doesn't come from oldschool veteran who played for years. Also keep in mind, it's very rare for a newcomer who rejected game to fatigue into forums just to write a feedback. They just go buy/try next game.

Also I'm sorry if any part of this post offended anyone, it obviously wasn't my intention if so.

PS. BUILDINGS and players in general

It should be possible to add more tiles to a building without destroying it completely. I think this is not only something beginners want, tho definitely they benefit the most considering they start from 1x1 sheds. :)

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 3

Deeds should have an option to give parts of them to other players, so they have their own control over it, permissions and such. Sure it's lots of work, which is why it's not in the points I've made above - but it is extremely needed

Yeah, its called house writs and setting roles.

Oh really? So where is the role to lock certain gate for certain citizen? Or a role to allow a citizen to bash one fence but not the other? I'd love to set those!

If you want my opinion i think all free to play players should stay on GV until they get premium time. I think that there should be mentors that are allowed to have deeds over there and mentor kind of like a CA.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Aldur, I hate to point out the obvious but you must not understand.

Everyone was a new player at some time. No one started as a veteran player.

That nice tutorial you were complaining about? There was no tutorial at all when many started. You learned everything from other players or the wiki. True, it should cover deeds and writs but it can't possibly cover everything.

-1 to easy fence bashing. It should never be easy to destroy someone's work on Freedom. Also, to allow permissions for each and every piece of fence on every server would be a nightmare for the database. Maybe make it easier for a deed's citizens to destroy things on a deed. Having permissions for individual gates would also be a database nightmare. It would require a writ like device for each and every gate on every server.

Some of your suggestions make sense. Others would require major rewrites of the game.

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

First of all, Wurm is a grind-sandbox game. You'll have to spend days upon days playing it to be very good at something.

If newbies quit because some things take to long or are a grind, well then Wurm wasnt the game for them to begin with.

And most of the things you talk about and want to see changed would make newbies the ultimate griefing-tools.

Some important things are restricted from newbies; 1) because Rolf wants them to tempt buying prem 2) to keep griefing to a minimum.

If newbies could destroy paving, destroy fences off deed, collapse mines... it would be grief-heaven.

Planning all ahead, well, if you come to a point where the old things you planned are in your way to expand/build new things. Then you might consider actually paying the 5euro/month it costs to be able to do a little bit more.

Wanting to see everything in a tutorial...? Thats not even doable. The charm of the game is that you find out things by yourself, make contact with more experienced players and ask them about stuff.

If your fence/house falls apart by decay? Well then thats a good lesson to keep an eye on it in the future.

When I started, there wasnt a tutorial, only a server called Golden Valley. I was spawned in the Mol Rehan side, and that was it, what I had to do? I didnt have a clue. So I searched the wiki and found a "how to get started" guide and followed that for a while.

I learend the hard way that things could decay, that wolves we're extremely deadly, that I should learn to semi-memorize the terrain when exploring to find my way back....

Back then, Wurm was very unfriendly on newbies to tell them how the game works.

Be happy that now you have a tutorial that at least explains how to cut a tree for example.

I still see myself putting the hatchet on my right hand and try to right click the tree to chop it... then finding out I had to dubble click it to activate it, only then to realize that I couldnt cut trees on a deed...

Even small tasks like heating up ore to turn it into lumps took 30-40 minutes, large anvils took a whooping 50kg of iron to make, crops would only yield 1 product untill you hit around 13-15 farmingskill, bulkbins/foodbins didnt even exist, ...

And 3 years later (2 years prem) I'm still playing the game and wondering how I ever could have lived without it.

Anyways, this game encourages you to buy prem (its only 50euro for a year subscription, thats dirt cheap), I think Rolf is really generous with letting people play for free as long as they want, most online games give you a xx-day trial, so newbies can count themself very lucky in wurm.

• Like 1

Lycanthropic, I understand your point quite well. But the issue is, this game is unfinished. To be finished it needs work and that work most likely needs to be paid for since Wurm is not truly a community project, even if there is community work added here and there. Bottom line: money. Where does it come from? Players of course. So it should be priority for Wurm to attract more players and make them willing to pay for the game and to want it grow (becoming loyal fans).

To attract new players into premium stage (meaning game follower in case of small games) requires them to feel being treated fairly, not put in the middle of the ocean and left there while veterans run around them on speedboats offering a ride for few silver. :)

Sure there are exceptions, big fans of sandbox, those who have a lot of time, guts to go on. I dare say almost all of us are those exceptions, but there is not enough of us to make this game really flourish! We need more players in here, more money to be left at CodeClub and thus the game needs to become more accessible without losing it's soul.

Nowhere in my post I propose to make the game faster, to reduce grind or make it playable without premium. Amount of work needed to make things happen is the soul of this game and veteran premium players are it's blood, I know that very well! But it still needs more new players and they should be given the cleanest entry to the game possible, so they at least have a chance to find their "home" here and ONLY THEN they will be willing to pay for it, not the other way around. That is the entire focus and point behind my post, please read it again if you still don't see it!

Also I admit griefing is a valid point, but it's just an obstacle to work around. Why can't every player (instance of the player) hold a list of all the major things he has built in game (walls, houses, forges etc.). Then the game would allow him to easily bash only his things and perhaps even allow him to enable someone else to bash it via UI. This is not that hard to do, in fact I dare say it's easy and solves the issue very well. Of course in case of something being built by multiple players, which happen a lot, the game would need to figure who is the owner. But that is also workable easily (for example founder of a fence, owner of the house, maker of a forge). In any case having a UI to manage these objects would be best. Maybe it is lots of work, but it's certainly doable.

Of course allowing bashing only on premium is still a good idea, but expecting 21 body strength for that and making it so hard outside of your own deed is not. This requirement should be imposed on bashing things that are NOT your own and were not explicitly allowed to bash them by the "owner" of it.

Also there is one more point on houses I forgot to make in main post, remedying that now.

Edited by Aldur

Even with deed bonus the amount of actions it takes to take down a single wall is ridiculous.

Objects inside a house you own the writ to or being a villager in a village which you have destruction permission should give the ability destroy in one short action regardless of tool ql, str, or bashable's ql (PvE only).

Also, If we forced all players to build either on deeds or construction plots (kind like a deed but no where near as many benefits), then we could solve a lot of issues revolving item destruction, land control, and waste left behind by quitters. Construction plots would be free, you can place as many as you like, restricted in size, the only benefit would be similar to perimeter. fyi, you can build houses to block deeds, just in case some one wants to tell me it would be a grief tool.

Why can't they connect Golden Valley to the Freedom Cluster, making it the default spawn but only allow GM deeds on it to promote the premium features of wurm?

Players would still be able to travel to and from the server by boat.

• Like 1

If you want my opinion i think all free to play players should stay on GV until they get premium time. I think that there should be mentors that are allowed to have deeds over there and mentor kind of like a CA.

They can't anymore?

Lycanthropic, I understand your point quite well. But the issue is, this game is unfinished. To be finished it needs work and that work most likely needs to be paid for since Wurm is not truly a community project, even if there is community work added here and there. Bottom line: money. Where does it come from? Players of course. So it should be priority for Wurm to attract more players and make them willing to pay for the game and to want it grow (becoming loyal fans).

To attract new players into premium stage (meaning game follower in case of small games) requires them to feel being treated fairly, not put in the middle of the ocean and left there while veterans run around them on speedboats offering a ride for few silver. :)

Sure there are exceptions, big fans of sandbox, those who have a lot of time, guts to go on. I dare say almost all of us are those exceptions, but there is not enough of us to make this game really flourish! We need more players in here, more money to be left at CodeClub and thus the game needs to become more accessible without losing it's soul.

Nowhere in my post I propose to make the game faster, to reduce grind or make it playable without premium. Amount of work needed to make things happen is the soul of this game and veteran premium players are it's blood, I know that very well! But it still needs more new players and they should be given the cleanest entry to the game possible, so they at least have a chance to find their "home" here and ONLY THEN they will be willing to pay for it, not the other way around. That is the entire focus and point behind my post, please read it again if you still don't see it!

Also I admit griefing is a valid point, but it's just an obstacle to work around. Why can't every player (instance of the player) hold a list of all the major things he has built in game (walls, houses, forges etc.). Then the game would allow him to easily bash only his things and perhaps even allow him to enable someone else to bash it via UI. This is not that hard to do, in fact I dare say it's easy and solves the issue very well. Of course in case of something being built by multiple players, which happen a lot, the game would need to figure who is the owner. But that is also workable easily (for example founder of a fence, owner of the house, maker of a forge). In any case having a UI to manage these objects would be best. Maybe it is lots of work, but it's certainly doable.

Of course allowing bashing only on premium is still a good idea, but expecting 21 body strength for that and making it so hard outside of your own deed is not. This requirement should be imposed on bashing things that are NOT your own and were not explicitly allowed to bash them by the "owner" of it.

Also there is one more point on houses I forgot to make in main post, remedying that now.

Its called wurm 1.0. In december animations visible armour etc... will attract lot of players. And you seem to think that veterans became veterans without effort and that they were never noobs and probably never experienced any difficulties starting out the game. Wurm needs improving and it needs more players yes. But there are several ways to improve the game that doesnt involve all this. The only thing i agree is that mine griefing should be fixable but you say that newbs need mag priest to collapse a mine for them. You are implying that veterans dont? Or that they all have one? Honestly i look at all these things as a challenge that a new player should face if he wants to play the game. It sorts out those who want a fast paced easy minecraft like sandbox and those who want to play wurm as we know it. If they cant pass that challenge then this game is not for them.

Edited by atazs

1) because Rolf wants them to tempt buying prem 2) to keep griefing to a minimum.

It's a valid reason for things, but it usually misses the mark. A lot of the stuff is more likely to get them to scrap the game all together, rather than pay for it.

Also stuff like griefeing and macro protection should not prevent the players from playing as well.

I remember some news about one or two games that had so tight copy protection, that you needed the help of an advanced pirate hacker to even start the thing. (hilariously ironic)

I just got an idea that might help with some of the issues Aldur brought up: The ability to add a yard to a writ. You would get an option to "plan yard here" once you start to "plan building here". The number of yard tiles would be equal to the number of planned house tiles. You would then have additional permissions and options for fences and gates in your yard. There needs to be a resolutiion for border issues though.

I just got an idea that might help with some of the issues Aldur brought up: The ability to add a yard to a writ. You would get an option to "plan yard here" once you start to "plan building here". The number of yard tiles would be equal to the number of planned house tiles. You would then have additional permissions and options for fences and gates in your yard. There needs to be a resolutiion for border issues though.

What is the point of that? If someone wants to live hermit without deed its perfectly fine. But then its their choice and they should know what they will have to deal with. They shouldnt complain about people deeding over their place or someone bashing their place. They chose to live off deed. Now of course new players dont really know but it tells them when they plan a house off deed. If they ignore that message then its their problem. Maybe a bigger message or a pop up window could help.

New players asking for a complete overhaul... Is it that time of year again already?

• Like 5

Its called wurm 1.0. In december animations visible armour etc... will attract lot of players.

Yes but i think it won't contribute to more premiums. I think those attracted by better game looks will still reject Wurm gameplay or give up seeing how steep road leads to endgame.

Also, Minecraft is not easy, it's simply accessible (intuitive for example) and doesn't waste player time purposefully (20+ second castbars in Wurm). It is a brilliant gameplay design of "easy to play, hard to master", that reminds me of early Blizzard games and is my role model for sandbox design. It ensures that regardless what "level" the player is on, he can have fun instead of wall of arbitrary obstacles.

New players asking for a complete overhaul... Is it that time of year again already?

Yes, it's that bad. Mmmm.

Edited by Aldur

I think the original post was pretty well thought out and has some valid points. Making things more clear, less buggy etc. can't be wrong. More deed options, resizing, bashing your own stuff on deed, letting others help are all good suggestions if done right. Removing fences should be eaiser, you can remove a whole house with two mouse clicks, why not fences? It's a bit silly, but to me it has never been a real problem...

Non-prem restrictions are fine though, 21 BS is a good requirement. 21 BC to ride horses is a bit harsh I think, especially since you really need a horse to be able to train fighting skills and BC is rising very slowly, the requirement could be lowered to 20.5.

I do agree with what some "veterans" have already said here as well. Let's not make things any easier than they are (with maybe some small exceptions). If you can't cope with the harsh beginning, which actually to me was extremly fun times, you're not gonna last long in this game anyway.

What new players have to realize is that skill is everything, having to tear down what you just built is just an opportunity to train you skill more! Loosing items or property is nothing in the long run, skill is everything :)

If you want my opinion i think all free to play players should stay on GV until they get premium time.

This was tried and was discarded. Must have been a reason for throwing it out, eh?

Personally I think it's a Bad Idea. Think of all the money Rolf makes off non prem deeds. He could kiss all them Euros goodbye.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Think of all the money Rolf makes off non prem deeds.

Non prems cant make deeds....

• Like 2

This was tried and was discarded. Must have been a reason for throwing it out, eh?

Personally I think it's a Bad Idea. Think of all the money Rolf makes off non prem deeds. He could kiss all them Euros goodbye.

I dont think rolf makes a lot of money from nonpremdeeds, as they dont exist.

The tutorial is nice, but in my opinion most of it can be scrapped. The tutorial should incluce the most basic things and stress out time after time after time to constantly use the wiki. Nobody is going to read through the giant wall of text on the tutorial, but if they're hungry and want to know how to cook, it is relevant at that time so they will read through how to do it.

Comparing the game to minecraft and saying why minecraft is doing so much better is a not a good argument. t's a completely different game. WoW is also doing much better, but it's nothing like wurm. Most of us "vets" play wurm becuase the slow process feels like you achieved something. Turning it into a minecraft-style building your complete house and everything in one day, is simply not wurm. It's also fun, but entirely different.

Just going to pick your ideas apart one by one;

Bashing. Why do you think this is how it is? You can destroy your own stuff easier, but you can also destroy other peoples properties easier. With the ability to make endless alts and just throw them away - when you sit at the starter town and see "griefertwo has logged in" in event, you know what time it is. Randomly building without thinking ahead is a bad idea and in an mmo like wurm you should realise there's no ctrl+z to just undo it. A clearer warning should be given if it is a huge issue but the mechanics are fine as it is. Even as a new player I never had much problems with them.

Perimters. I dont understand your point. You cannot build houses on someone elses perimeter, so Im not sure what youre trying to say.

Terraforming; really, again I dont get it. You just decide to build a house without terraforming the ground, then you will have a lobsided house. It will not even let you plan the house if the ground is too steep, so I dont see a problem with that. When you make the plan you can obviously see that it is not flat, so if you decide to still build that's poor thinking.

Deeds;

The perimeter is there to prevent deeds completely touching, making an unpassable barrier. Imagine the great joy of finding a chain of 20 11x50 deeds, all touching, with one large wooden fence completely blocking the path.

Expanding in one direction has been suggested before and I think it's a good idea.

Tunelling; raising the floor sure.

Im not sure why you would need to collapse a tile so badly but not pay for it. If you hate magranon priests or cannot find any, there is a trader item you can buy to collapse a mine tile. I'm guessing this is, again, becuase of how much fun griefers could be having if they could go around collapsing public mines etc...

Decay; decay is harsh for the reason you pointed out. If you think its a good idea to post a sign saying to try out the forum recruitment to join a town, Im sure the gms will be more than willing to further imrpove the starter towns by adding these.

Planting trees; This used to be in the tutorial,. but it was removed? I don't know why, but it should be re-added and a sickle should be int he starter kit.

The intentions behind your ideas are very good but the majority of the problems you bring up are griefing protection. What a new player can do to his own area, a free alt can also do. I dont know what is more sour, to not be able to bash that one fence you built wrong, or to login and find your fences all bashed down and your chickens gone.... Sadly, griefing is an immense part in this game and there will always be people on the lookout to ruin someone elses gameplay. Since these are typically throw away alts, the easiest way to go go is by placing restrictions on all new players.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

I dont think rolf makes a lot of money from nonpremdeeds, as they dont exist.

Oh for FS. Do I really have to point out the obvious???? Am I the only one who knows what I'm talking about?? This from a supposedly veteran player??

Here, let me paste the game rule so maybe you and atazs can learn something.

From the Wiki:

Free player cannot plant a deed, even though they may own one (via premium expiration).

So you see, you don't need to be a premium player to have a deed. And if non premiums were barred from Freedom and allowed only on GV then these deeds would cease to exist and then Rolf would cease to receive the funds from these NON PREMIUM deeds. These are free to play people in the game, what Kegan said should have to be on GV. Since he didn't stipulate expired premiums, who are free to play, I simply pointed out all the money Rolf would lose. And it would be a lot.

Comprende?

Edited by Sarcaticous

It would not be a lot... non prem deed holders are almost always alts, where the deed is paid for by silver made in game.

Oh for FS. Do I really have to point out the obvious???? Am I the only one who knows what I'm talking about?? This from a supposedly veteran player??

Here, let me paste the game rule so maybe you and atazs can learn something.

From the Wiki:

Free player cannot plant a deed, even though they may own one (via premium expiration).

So you see, you don't need to be a premium player to have a deed. And if non premiums were barred from Freedom and allowed only on GV then these deeds would cease to exist and then Rolf would cease to receive the funds from these NON PREMIUM deeds. These are free to play people in the game, what Kegan said should have to be on GV. Since he didn't stipulate expired premiums, who are free to play, I simply pointed out all the money Rolf would lose. And it would be a lot.

Comprende?

You can only have a deed if you were premium at some point, at which point you are no longer considered int he wurm database as a new or free player. Yes, there is actually a difference. Ontop of that, if someone decides to let their premium run out but hold the deed, I highly doubt this deed is going to bring is "a lot of money" - probably the bare minimum upkeep. That money is probably not bought from the shop either but comes from a trader one way or another. If someone refuses to buy premium, I really doubt they're going to stick in many many euros for Rolf into the game through other means.

Thanks for you lesson, I feel like I really learned a lot today. I think I can go to sleep in peace tonight after this moment of great enlightenment.

• Like 2

Going back to the main post, I agree with a lot of these issues. Yes, there are issues with implementing a fix for them, if there is a viable fix, but we should all work towards that. Saying "That's just the way wurm is, the veteran players have all made it past the difficulties" doesn't work so well, because just because 20% make it past the difficulties doesn't mean we should not try to make it so that 50+% make it past the difficulties. That's what improving a game is called.

For the warning for building in a perimeter, there should be a confirmation message explaining what's going on more in depth if someone tries to plan in a perimeter, like the pop up box for dropping an item for the first time and being warned it can be stolen. Right now a little orange text in the event box does nothing, is not visible, and is not explained.

Being able to fix tunnels would actually help fix a lot of things. A lot of the problems with trying to claim old abandoned areas come from abandoned mines with bad tunneling. If there was a way to fix tunnels without paying 50c for a priest per tile, or more for a shaker orb, or trying to train up a priest first, a lot more land would be good for deeding and taking over. Perhaps having to collect 50+ rock shards to fill in the area, or something of the sort. Deeding can prevent griefing of existing tunnels if you don't want them closed or blocked off.

We have a signboard graphic, maybe have it link to various ads? A new use for parchment perhaps, with the quality of the parchment affecting how long it stays on the board.

We have interior walls already, I don't see any issues with adding more tiles to a house without tearing it down completely.

• Like 1

It would not be a lot... non prem deed holders are almost always alts, where the deed is paid for by silver made in game.

It doesn't matter where the money comes from. All the money in the game has been bought from Rolf somehow, when paying upkeep or buying Rolfs trader items you pay him some money and some goes back to the players through traders. This means every time you pay some money disappears from the game and someone will have to buy new money from Rolf to restore the balance. In the long run Rolf makes the same amount of money regardless if you pay him directly via the shop or with ingame coin, even if you made the coin by working in game.

• Like 1