Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Epic - Revise Venom Enchant.

Currently Venom costs 120 favor, and is only castable by the most unpopular God, Fo. Now I don't really have an issue with this, but I think the chances of Venom working are about 1% chance, because Wurm fights are fast, they're over quickly, and there isn't time for a venom tick. I have never seen anyone die from Venom in a long time, and it's a great idea but the effect of poison takes too long to kick in.

Venom takes 10 minutes to tick upon entry. 10 minutes. Ask any PvPer the average fighting time in an open-field no gatehop battle, and I bet you it's around 3-4 minutes at maximum. Battles end so quickly that Venom doesn't even have a chance to tick one time before it's already over, and people are healing up. Look how quickly intervals of deaths are:

[03:44:50] Monokles slain by Bartimaeus Conloach Daredevil Cornchips

[03:45:01] Bartimaeus slain by Atazoth Monokles Bloodthirst Derpinghard Borken Michieldewit

[03:46:35] Derpinghard slain by Daredevil Conloach Cornchips

[03:46:42] Ryaa slain by Daredevil Conloach Michieldewit Cornchips Gbelcik

[03:47:08] Gbelcik slain by Atazoth Ryaa Bloodthirst Borken Candee

[03:47:30] Cornchips slain by Atazoth Ryaa Bloodthirst Derpinghard Borken Candee

They're like 10 - 20 second intervals, so even if Monokles poisoned Gbelick, it did nothing, because Gbelick died on his own only 3 minutes later before a tick even struck. So what good is Venom? It's whole point is based around hoping that a fight lasts 10+ minutes and on top of that you must also hope the enemy can't stop or heal, and has no farmer's salve. To get a kill with Venom it has to be the perfect storm of bad luck for the enemy to die to it.

Thus.. Venom is pretty PvP useless.

What I am suggesting is speed up the tick rate of venom from 10 minutes, to every 5 minutes, or have venom do something different than instantly killing. It would be cool if perhaps it made a screen effect on your vision? I mean obviously you can do red-tunnel effect, what if it was like a black tunnel and blurry vision for a few seconds. It would make Venom a whole lot more useful than it is now.

• Like 2

I'd be happy if it gave a direct damage bonus like RT. Also the casting cost of Fo weapon enchants should be brought in line with the cost of other weapon enchants.

Hallucinations, loss of sense of direction, RT-like damage (just poison wounds), massive slowdown, lots of things could be done with Venom.

I agree that Venom is quite useless at the moment.

venom does not need to be brought inline with rt there is a wl counterpart to that spell already fa and there is also fb . i can see the timer brought down to say 5 min tick for a chance for death or even as postes says or kaih and maybe being castable by 1 priest at 99 faith but do not bring it inline with rt/fa/fb casts as far as favor costs or damage dealt

I think venom is supposed to be used in long fights e.g. raids and boat chases. If you got a venom on a commander in a ho pursuit, chances are he wont be able to heal it and will die. 5 minutes seems ok though I guess.

I've killed someone with Venom once, and that was Touchmee after he got trapped in a cave, so it is possible, however because of the 10 minute timer i wasnt even attributed with the kill.

Not only that, Venom actually Reduces the damage your weapon will do because unlike FB/FA it turns 100% of the hit into poison based on the cast power, 120 favor is not worth it to be honest, i could see it at 60 favor definately, and maybe a different effect or increased timer.

I've killed someone with Venom once, and that was Touchmee after he got trapped in a cave, so it is possible, however because of the 10 minute timer i wasnt even attributed with the kill.

Not only that, Venom actually Reduces the damage your weapon will do because unlike FB/FA it turns 100% of the hit into poison based on the cast power, 120 favor is not worth it to be honest, i could see it at 60 favor definately, and maybe a different effect or increased timer.

I forgot to mention that. There's a timer that a player must hit you by to get credit for the kill and show up on deaths tab. I think it's 5 minutes.

Meaning that if a player infects you with venom, then that enemy dies and you are poisoned, he won't get any credit if it kicks in 5+ minutes later. I've seen a player die before from a poison wound given by a player at HotA, but it didn't pop deaths tab for the enemy because it wasn't registered as being a "hit" within that 5 minute window.

As people said -- the simple problem with Venom is it's too long, it takes way too long to kick in and make any effect. For something that costs 120 favor it's surprisingly and weirdly WORSE than other weapon enchants that only cost 40 favor.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

Not to mention because of AoSP rebound you end up with just as much venom wounds as your oponant.... the smallest of which has the potential to kill you randomly, making it more of a liability to take to PvP than a bonus, You do less damage than a normal weapon would due to the way the enchant works, and AoSP rebounds the venom onto you.

Edited by Bart

Never used venom, but from what I have seen in this thread, it does look like venom needs a fix. Something like reducing the timer for an insta-kill, reducing favor cost so one priest can cast it, and definitely making venom weapons cause a seperate poison wound on top of the wound from the weapon. I see no reason for an offensive weapon enchant to reduce damage done, it's counterproductive. Hallucinations would be cool, I just hope if they are added they won't crash me (I use an Intel card).

i think venum should just be removed it's a very broken spell and perhaps a vine like enchant added.

Posteh hits you deadly hard and damages

Vines come from the weapon and lashes you

a small damage buff would be the weakest but with a second ability to it

1% chance to stun/root 1 second no movement

e.g. posteh hits you deadly hard and damages

Vines come from the weapon and roots you to the spot.

same cast price as venum just with a little cc

Blurring sight would be an interesting effect for a strong venom cast (much like redtunnelofdeath) - not a direct effect on health but certain to affect someones ability to fight. However, that would make the spell useless in pve, which would be a shame :s

• Like 1

Could make it do damage every minute based on location and severity of the wounds.

That sounds pretty cool. 1 venom could be 0,1% with 100 venom being 10%.

• Like 1

Blurring sight would be an interesting effect for a strong venom cast (much like redtunnelofdeath) - not a direct effect on health but certain to affect someones ability to fight. However, that would make the spell useless in pve, which would be a shame :s

I like this too and Venom is already useless in PVE for the same reasons as PVP anything it takes you 10 minutes to kill has probably already killed you. This if in addition to the screen effect had a physical effect of reduced chance to hit or dodge would be an improvement in PVE as well as PVP.