Sign in to follow this  
Magicalpopsical

Make An Offline Mode

make an offline mode so that players can host a local server and play on their map without having to connect to the other servers. i have trouble connecting to the servers so i want this so i could play without lag.

Nice 1st post, I predict this new and novel idea will be met with much support.

• Like 3

The idea has been suggested before, im not personally against it however you must remember that wurm is made to be a multiplayer game and it would most likely not be in the best interests of the developers to further reduce the amount of players spread amongst the already available servers, the lagg is an issue that the devs are aware of and are attempting to rectify, i could see more money lost through an idea like this as players would likely dislike the lack of community, one part of the game i enjoy is going out and finding new people :)

If you don't like MMOs, don't play MMOs. Wurm SUCKS to play solo or in small groups, you need big groups to enjoy it the most, e.g. servers.

i have trouble connecting to the servers so i want this so i could play without lag.

Then make a thread about it in the bugs section. If you are lagging because your internet is so bad then its your own problem.

How can you kill a dragon on one account?

And how can you go around and steal people's stuff?

It just won't be any fun.

plus you would have to purchase and keep a hamster strong enough to power the server like rolf does...

Big, very big +1. I'd absolutely love such a thing. As an example, if i'm the only one playing my server then there I could only spawn peaceful creatures. I could play Wurm the way I want.

Could be singleplayer mode but changed a lot, so it will be useless for private servers ;)

OH MY GOD YES this would be so awesome for people if internet was down or something :D

would be a waste of time and will never happen for obvious reasons

this could be both good and bad, for example, bad beacuse some private servers would drain the player base from online servers, but this could also be good. imagine a large office building with 100+ co workers co-existing on a LAN network... this could also be a good history prodject for kids, show what the colonials from the 1600+ expreienced when coming to america... - the trolls and dragons and stuff... lol

+-1

While the other reasons this would be a bad idea are also true and valid, no one has really touched the main issue. The absolute #1 biggest reason this will never happen is that if there was an offline mode, you'd never have any reason to pay for wurm, which would mean that a lot of players would no longer do so, which would mean Rolf wouldn't be able to afford to keep the game under development, which would obviously be a terrible outcome.

While the idea isn't all that awful in a vacuum, it'd be a pretty terrible move on the part of the development team. Also it would be a ton of work that would be better spent doing something even more important like improving the game.

The good news is that there already IS a survival sandbox game with offline capability. Many would even go as far as to call it fun. If the servers go down and you're jonesing for survival, launch that little gem and get your fix while you wait.

Edited by The_Zenith

I think only Code Club should host the servers. Otherwise they would be unreliable because they could be shut down at any time. I would hate to build a giant town for it to be completely erased because the host decided not to host it anymore.

-1 this somehow offends me and/or makes gameplay less interesting for me even though it doesn't directly or indirectly affect me in any way.

Its this time of the year again? We get these threads every 3 months or so.

-1 for reasons i dont think i'll need to explain as others did before.

Edited by atazs