Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmob

Fix Templars Getting Stuck In Caves

The title says it all.

Please, fix the stupid templars getting stuck in trapped cave sections. If they can teleport there, they should be able to teleport out of there.

Now, there is two ways to help them:

1. Wizkill

2. Mine all the way to the trapped cave section, and mine the guard free.

In while, the guard is USELESS, and you still pay for it.

Rolf, if you are too lazy to fix this, please add "recall guards" option which brings all the templars to the token, and tower guards to the tower. That would help a lot.

I won't waste two - four weeks mining all cave sections in my deed free, and then reinforcing them.

This all affects for the tower guards too, as far as I know. (If they go kill a mob in cave, they get stuck, even if there is a way out.)

Edited by Dragonmob
  • Like 1

Templars i havent seen much of a problem, but guards seem to gather inside any open cave and dont respond/leave, this needs to be fixed

Maybe a "recall guards" command would be good for tokens and towers, if they cant path back they just warp there.

• Like 1

Tower guards don't teleport into a blocked off cave to kill a mob, which is what seems to have happened here.

Tower guards don't teleport into a blocked off cave to kill a mob, which is what seems to have happened here.

They do enjoy hanging out in mines though, which causes problems when they can't hear calls for help from the surface.

Yes, you are right Seara, I forgot to mention that if they go kill a mob in cave, they get stuck, even if there is way out.

Recall guards option is great way to fix this, if Rolf is too lazy to do anything else, good idea Depends.

I've noticed a fairly simple fix is a mine door on all nearby mines, kill any tower guards inside and they shouldn't be able to enter, templars have no problem warping between surface and mine through the door

That may help with the tower guards, yes.

But fix I'm looking for is the templar thing. If they teleport to a cave with exit, there is no problem, but they can teleport to trapped cave sections, where is no exit. And for some reason, they can't teleport back, and get stuck.

If deed is built in area where has been another deed once, the area may have lots of this kind of trapped cave sections.

I am guessing one issue is going to be some pvp ramifications but maybe we can figure out a solution for that.

What about a /recallguards command (rightclick on deed token OR guard tower) but there has to be a 10 minute delay of no hostile activity in the guard's coverage area. If 10 minutes pass with no hostile creatures/people, the guard "resets" to either the tower or the token (depending on guard type). This will NOT help in getting a stuck guard out to help with that troll chomping on your stuff, or with a pvp raid, but it does mean as long as you get some point where "nothing is going on" that you can reset guards to their original "reporting station".

(the only new thing here is the 10 minute "no hostiles" timer to assure no pvp issues are affected, but some pvpers might have to say if this would have no ramification for PvP).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I've noticed a fairly simple fix is a mine door on all nearby mines, kill any tower guards inside and they shouldn't be able to enter, templars have no problem warping between surface and mine through the door

This makes no sense. They shouldn't get stuck in the first place. And not everyone can kill tower guards. What if a mob shows up in a cave and you need the tower guards to kill it? They can be called INTO a cave but not back out. That is plain stupid and has been a problem FOREVER. Isn't it about time to fix this?????

+1 on the recall option. But only if they are not busy killing something at the time.

Edited by Sarcaticous

I am guessing one issue is going to be some pvp ramifications but maybe we can figure out a solution for that.

What about a /recallguards command (rightclick on deed token OR guard tower) but there has to be a 10 minute delay of no hostile activity in the guard's coverage area. If 10 minutes pass with no hostile creatures/people, the guard "resets" to either the tower or the token (depending on guard type). This will NOT help in getting a stuck guard out to help with that troll chomping on your stuff, or with a pvp raid, but it does mean as long as you get some point where "nothing is going on" that you can reset guards to their original "reporting station".

(the only new thing here is the 10 minute "no hostiles" timer to assure no pvp issues are affected, but some pvpers might have to say if this would have no ramification for PvP).

if put into game like this, then +1 as it seems to cover the right bases

That would be nice, yes.

But if templar is trapped in mines, and there is another enemy in deed/trapped cave section, that would not work.

I would suggest that that option could be used only if the templars/guards aren't fighting at the time, even if there is enemys on deed. (This could apply only on the freedom server only if there is problems with PvP servers)

And I see the main function of this is helping guards who are stuck.