Sign in to follow this  
Joanavon

New "beach" Sound?

Did they add a new "Beach" sound recently that plays whenever your anywhere near open water? Because i haven't changed any of my normal sound settings and i'm now noticing an unending roar of waves plays all day,

ALL DAY....

It's nice and pleasent i guess in moderate doses but since i live about 30 tiles away from open water and spend most of my time with-in 30 tiles of open water it

NEVER STOPS!

it would be nice if there was a "Ocean Shoreline" sound set for when your sitting on your dock fishing or walking along the ocean.

I live near the shore, in South Carolina, and I run along the beach a lot when I'm in town visiting my folks, I also Kayak along the shore, and waterways around here. It would be really cool to have something like that, and to have different sound packs for when its stormy, perhaps whitecaps too on the larger bodies of water.

One thing that has always perplexed me about wurm is that we don't have tides, or even a thought given to them, despite the fact that this game has so many damn moons in it.

• Like 1

One thing that has always perplexed me about wurm is that we don't have tides, or even a thought given to them, despite the fact that this game has so many damn moons in it.

Many moons doesn't exacly make it easier to implement, I guess the moons would outweight eachother to some extent or completly depending on their positions and sizes.

Also, with tides would come alot of problems with people getting trapped in caves etc. I think we need to be able to dive before we can have tides :)

Jumping and diving would be a nice addition though. Then you could have diving ducks as well Brash :D

But seriously how far away from the water does one have to be to not hear the sounds of a Tsunami smashing into shore and seagulls squawking in high pitches over and over and over in a clearly definable and not near long enough audio loop.

"not near long enough audio loop"

this sounds like your real issue joana. and maybe volume.