Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

Fishing Is Broken Like The Poles

i spent all day yesterday making and imping 10 fishing poles. In an hour of fishing

I have broken 3 poles already. Something is wrong with this picture.

What is the purpose of them breaking so often? Because all it does is drive people,

at least me. away from wasting my time on this.

My skill in fishing isnt too high at 30 . but they seem to break even more than at lower skills,

and also the poles were imped higher. my carp is at 66 so i imped them close to 40.

Im just at a loss as the reasoning behind this feature that seems to punish more than reward.

anyway. in short. its probably been said before but, seriously, make this "feature" less punishing.

Please?

• Like 2

You are not alone in thinking this. this is a suggestion that everyone agrees with. +1

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Fishing is boring enough and thus punishing enough as it was. Adding rapid pole breakage just makes it even less interesting or entertaining then it already was.

Honestly in some weird way its probably some sort of macro prevention system

I totally agree.

If you repair after each fishing action they don't break though. I have been fishing for hours without breaking a rod using that tactic lately. Before Rolf's latest "fixes" it was enough to repair when there was visible damange on the rod but now you need to repair every time.

Why nerf a skill that most noobs are dependent on for food? I asked when the changes were first made & never got an answer. I'm still asking. The changes made to fishing make no sense to me. +1 to fixing it.

I think it's fine as is, for industrial fishing you use high QL rods. For small amounts like the "noobs need fishing" comment a few posts up a 40ql rod works just fine.

I've never broken a single rod at 70QL. Though I do repair every time (I queue a few actions with multiple rods, never twice with the same one).

There's a difference between fishing in shallow waters and on fishing spots.

On fishing spots and in deep water the chance to get a big fish is much higher and therefore the chance to break the rod too. If you fish close to the shore you'll not get the huge fish but the chance of breaking the rod is very slim.

I broke a few 70ql fishing rods the other day, granted the char only had 10 fishing or so but I repaired every time the rod got damaged.

It was in shallow water.

I think actually its safer to fish in fishing spots because I only get messages like the rod is creaking or the fish pulls the line on roaches and perches, never on carps or bigger.

I broke a few 70ql fishing rods the other day, granted the char only had 10 fishing or so but I repaired every time the rod got damaged.

It was in shallow water.

I think actually its safer to fish in fishing spots because I only get messages like the rod is creaking or the fish pulls the line on roaches and perches, never on carps or bigger.

I think it would be much better, and more realistic, to have just the line break, like a bowstring. You'd have one rod and a couple spare lines. Makes much more sense.

• Like 3

I think it would be much better, and more realistic, to have just the line break, like a bowstring. You'd have one rod and a couple spare lines. Makes much more sense.

+1 to the op and +5 to garrath's idea

I don't understand the patch note about fishing rods. It seems to be saying string + shaft is now the fishing rod recipe? Can someone explain what changed today?

I'm still at work, but from the dev blog it sounds like i'd suggested. You string rods like you do bows. Instead of your rod breaking, the string breaks and you keep your fancy enchanted hq rod and just have to restring it. Will verify when I get home.

It would really open up the market for enchanted fishing rods and such for just the line to break