Sign in to follow this  
atazs

Special Things For Those Who Played Before Wurm 1.0

When the game went gold all the people received special titles,items etc.... So i was thinking after wurm 1.0 all premium players should receive either a special title, special item(s) or when customizable characters come out a special skin. Or even better: allow us to use the old sounds for emotes. After all we are the reason wurm is where it is now.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 6

I wouldn't be hurt if all of us old Champions got Champ Emeritus titles. Old timers didn't get them, but the guys that champed after the champ pvp buffs came in did.

Always found it a bit weird that guys like me that were champ for nearly 4 years didn't get that title, but a guy that was champ for 2 weeks shortly before Champs were removed on Wild/Chaos did.

• Like 1

I'd love a title that added "the Patient" to the end of our names. Or maybe a special no-drop item that has absolutely no function, but it's a cloak you can wear and it shows up on your back. Maybe allow the players to send custom textures/images to the dev team for their own cloaks.

• Like 1

Why?

Well because rolf gave out many special things in the past for those who bought premium for a year in gold for example. I cant see why he shouldnt do the same especially when its much bigger than gold was. I cant see how a title or a special skin could hurt anyone. Also its because we are the reason why wurm is where it is now.

There may be a title since theres been special titles for those who initially bought prem on Gold launch or had prem before the 2007 server mess; though, something on the visual end would be awesome. For example a special tatoo as previously mentioned to show off one's grizzled experience.

Edited by Klaa

Title sounds cool, and an awesome looking item, purely cosmetic would be pretty sweet as well. lol

Along with Ageless (buying prem at launch) theres also Keeper of Truth (year of prem). Then theres Keeper of Faith and Destroyer of Faith for WL and BL premiums existing prior to mid 2007 respectively.

"Grizzled"

"Guinea Pig"

"I survived Wurm and all I got was this title"

"Wurm Superstes Titulus" "Wurm survivor title" (I think... my latin is pretty loose)

"Masochist"

"Dragon Cow"

"Cult of Notch"

• Like 3

i'd take a face tattoo and title. either or or both (both would be great.

something like you've been mauled by a bearshark, tattooed on your face.

Was going to suggest "Bearshark Bait" or "Chum" as titles..

[edit insert:] Or how about this.. (original credit for the idea to Douglas Adams -Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, all horrible changes are my own)

When you Examine a pre-1.0 character, you get the following description

"[character] is from a time in Wurm's history when Wurmians were REAL Wurmians, Dragons were REAL Dragons, and giant fuzzy spiders were REAL giant fuzzy spiders (and not sometimes blobs...)"

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

How about we all get a special hat like that one that was given out years ago, so we can have a special vanity clothing piece to wear to special occasions, like Christmas imp-alongs and such?

The summer hat given out sometimes for major bugs and GMs?

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I joined at the end of 2010, I've played under the shadow of many interesting items, spyglass, sculpting wand, transmutation liquid, farwalker pendants, etc and I have to say it feels like every time there is a Christmas, its like we get party favors now. I do appreciate the amount of work the devs do in the game, but for the players who devote in some cases uncountable hours into this game, work tireless on the forums to hash out new ideas, and in some cases even contribute their sanity to this game, I do think that it would be nice to see something interesting for sticking with the game.

Rolf has this "Non game changing" policy in the gifts. I support that in most respects, when it gives a clear unfair advantage, but in some ways I disagree with it. Balancing an item is just as important, I like the sculpting wand idea, and it also is a money sink, and in turn supports the economy. Things like the Farwalker Pendant is an example of something that wasn't thought out too clearly, etc.

If there was a reward this Christmas with the release of 1.0 for everyone currently playing I think that it should be something more than just a party favor, because, we are starting a new chapter in Wurm, people will hopefully look back at it as a turning point and having something that can actually be utilized in every day gameplay like a Spyglass or Sculpting rod would be really something.

I don't mean to cheapen the gifts we got in the last couple of years, but that's just how I feel about them, even though I do know that effort went into the Gnome :P Its not like I can use it for anything but lawn clutter, that I can't even leave sit out here on Chaos or else it would walk off.

I get a lot of use out of my spyglass, I love the thing, and I think the idea was really awesome. Sometimes I wish we could have a utilitarian gift again, all ya have to do is come up with something balanced. In terms of visible clothing I wouldn't mind something along the lines of that, just something we can get use out of.

Edited by Battlepaw

I'm in the favor of some sort of cloak. That can't be taken away of course. If you wanted to make it really cool, when you equip the cloak and hit stealth, 100% chance and instant your char becomes invisible. You move at half of your normal speed or something. While cloaked you can't climb, attack people or set traps. And, i dunno, you can't attack people for 30 seconds after you decloak? It's a fun, cool feature with no use.

Edited by Cyanideandcupcakes

Would be nice with something cosmetic, like a title or a character customization item.. However veterancy is no good reason to introduce items with unique functionality.

No face tattoo's! I'm not Mike Tyson.

How about a special lantern that emits a slowly color changing bright light or perhaps pulsating al la rare items.

or perhaps an items personalized to the recipient that can then be given/Stolen such as a:

*(Name)(Highest skill at creation) Puppet Ex. Joanavon the Carpenter Puppet

or a piece of jewelry along those lines. Ex. Joanavons Class Ring (Year you created the character)

The items would functionally be only vanity and would have no value beyond the intrinsic human social ones and would add to wurms tragically little choice in "Gift/Trophy" items.

Totally opposed to a gift that is functionally useful (like spyglass) because then you have to think why not just introduce it as a craftable or money sink item.

I would be happy to receive a gift such as title or cosmetic thing, but I'm not going to demand it - I dislike the sense of entitlement in posts where people say "well gold got gifts so we should too!".

Also lols to the person who said "i missed out on all these useful gifts, so I think we should get useful gifts". Talk about a never-ending spiral...

It can be difficult to come up with a cool gift that will not be "exploited" in some way. Ive heard people even complain about spyglasses. There is a handful of Devs to compete with thousands of individual minds and experiences.

Fortunately there seems to be enough working for the Devs... not against. Woe be to those that do work in opposition. <_<

Edited by Klaa

If we get a title, please please don't make it stupid, "cute" or some pop-culture reference if I can't get rid of it.

I think we should get a voucher as well, that voucher, one per character, could be used on a Trader to get one item. Some suggestions:

1) A no-drop token that spawns on you, all the starter tools (you cannot trade them, and if you drop them, they instantly crumble to dust)

2) A vanity item of some kind, such as a hat or cloak.

3) A non-combat pet that can follow you about, such as a scaled down version of the animals and monsters we have now.

4) A special dye container that can be used once a week that allows you to set the color and can dye any object, regardless of size.

5) 3 months premium time.

6) A token that could be used to three times make any non-armor or non-weapon un-droppable (great for your chosen trade skill's tools).

7) A token that can be used once to grant an enlightenment on your current meditation path.