Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

With All The Realism In The New Models.... Isn't It Time?

Isn't it time to re-think the champion model sizes for real-world creatures? We are getting some really nice, realistic creature models, but I will be honest, the whole 3x size thing on the champ models is just counter productive to the realism effect gained from the new models. Champ models can still be a little bigger, but it's silly to see a champ deer standing next to a horse, or a a champ dog next to a cow. A champ bear is the size of a house! I can understand keeping champ sizes for trolls, and other fantasy creatures, but the real ones should be somewhat reasonable. In fact, I think spiders should be reduced down to maybe something in the neighborhood of a cave bug with champ spiders maybe as big as dogs.

My point is, the new models look very realistic, but the champ sizes on real-life models negates the realistic effects somewhat.

Discuss.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 2

I kinda like the whole huge, fantasy Champ creatures. makes a statement from a distance.

• Like 10

Maybe having the hardened size might be better for champions but this is meant to be a fantasy simulator i think i read once but they do seem a little large. The odd colors are something that needs looked into too...IMO

I was also thinking on something like this the other day with the new hell horses. Is it going to stay red? I think it should be black and maybe have some kind of black/orange highlights for the tail and mane keeping the flames at the bottom. I mean if you could add a flaming tail and mane that would be cool too but i am not sure they can do that or not.

• Like 1

No no and no. :D

I like being able to see a Champ Troll from far enough away that I can avoid it. I see no problem with GIANTS. It is a fantasy game you know.

• Like 1

Realistic looking models doesn't mean its a realistic game. We still have unicorns, trolls, dragons, huge spiders, magic, gods, etc., things that all doesn't exist in the real world.

Unless you want all those things removed, your suggestion is quite silly.

• Like 1

I too I think the size is fine. If the special versions also had some noticable design differance besides scale that would make it look a bit better. A good idea might be making them more stocky or have extra big canine teeth and claws.

but the single most imprtant thing ever is that I shuld ride ON TOP of my champ bear and not IN it. :)

• Like 4

Secretly I personally hope that Creeps will get different textures for champions and modifications like spikes for buffs/debuffs. The large models and weird colors are quite bad i think.

No no and no. :D

I like being able to see a Champ Troll from far enough away that I can avoid it. I see no problem with GIANTS. It is a fantasy game you know.

No, champions are extraordinary creatures, thus have extraordinary sizes. Like most great heroes or champions are always recounted has being exceedingly tall. It fits nicely with the current theme. And if you think about it you have these tales all over, there's the man eating bear thats 3m tall, or the giant crocodiles in the sewers.

I do agree that the tinting for attributes like greenish, and such needs reviewing.

I think we should keep the size of current champion creatures with no modifications. I think having the "gotta clean out my shorts moments" adds alot of fun to exploring. :)

I don't mind the current champ size on anything until you try to ride one and end up looking at the inside of it. So, if reducing their size some is the only way to fix that particular problem I'd be for it.

That being said I agree about champ trolls staying their current size. I want to be able to see that sucker coming. lol

You didn't read my post. I said that champ sizes are fine for fantasy creatures like trolls. I am only talking about the real-life creatures (bears, alligators, deer, dogs).

No, I like how things are now. But I wouldnt mind as well as being bigger champion animals having a cooler texture than regular animals with scars, huge antlers or crazy shod clubs (Whatever is suitable and makes some amount of sense!)

• Like 2

-1 for smaller champs, they fit in Wurm, like they are now

another -1 for reason seasoned player writing suggestion in Town square and not in

Suggestions & Ideas :rolleyes:

i dont want to be killed by spiders just because i cant see them anymore :o

Realistic looking models doesn't mean its a realistic game. We still have unicorns, trolls, dragons, huge spiders, magic, gods, etc., things that all doesn't exist in the real world.

Unless you want all those things removed, your suggestion is quite silly.

I like the spikes idea, I could agree with downsizing the champs slightly but giving them spikes and black coats, e.g. dire bears.

Not silly, Wulfgar. While your opinion is valid about the game not being realistic you can't say it is silly to want some more realism

To me the best thing about the size of champ creatures is the first time you see them. It had a great wow factor for me as a new player.

Happy to see all can agree on at least keeping the champ trolls huge regardless of any other suggestions. First time I saw one was at night. Didn't even realize he was there at first, I was in a hurry to just groom horses and get out. Turned around and just the shock of seeing that huge troll (made even bigger by standing next to a small stone wall) was awesome. I like champ spiders too... for newer players, a regular spider is scary enough. See a champ one and you're really not in kansas anymore.

The only thing I would say, though, is that most champ creatures get to be a little too common. I wouldn't know how to change that as it's really not for me to say some people should have them and not others... but you see enough of them penned on so many deeds while travelling that it really loses its luster.

would prefer if they made prober textures so we can get rid of those silly colours, but a slight size reduction would be nice.

The only thing I would say, though, is that most champ creatures get to be a little too common. I wouldn't know how to change that as it's really not for me to say some people should have them and not others... but you see enough of them penned on so many deeds while travelling that it really loses its luster.

Now this is something I've wondered about. How can you pen in something that huge and not have it break down any fence or wall? It's huge. It's strong. It's powerful. Penning should be impossible.

Isn't it time to re-think the champion model sizes for real-world creatures? We are getting some really nice, realistic creature models, but I will be honest, the whole 3x size thing on the champ models is just counter productive to the realism effect gained from the new models. Champ models can still be a little bigger, but it's silly to see a champ deer standing next to a horse, or a a champ dog next to a cow. A champ bear is the size of a house! I can understand keeping champ sizes for trolls, and other fantasy creatures, but the real ones should be somewhat reasonable. In fact, I think spiders should be reduced down to maybe something in the neighborhood of a cave bug with champ spiders maybe as big as dogs.

My point is, the new models look very realistic, but the champ sizes on real-life models negates the realistic effects somewhat.

Discuss.

I dunno why people call it cartoonish or silly. It's a champion animal, the best of the best, the biggest beast of the species. A gigantic champion animal is supposed to be imposing and threatening. Leave it as is.

I'd rather see the riding position improved. Currently it uses the same position for all animals. And for champs and other big animals you are usually inside the animal

• Like 1