Sign in to follow this  
reflexx

Option To Modfy Ships And Carts

I whoud like it posibale to be able to modfy your ship or cart so you can choose more speed or more storge space

eg I whant my saling boat to go faster I can build a small "add on" that make mab boat go maby 10% faster but I get all so 10% storge space in it. and if I whant more space I build a diffrent "add on" and get maby 10% more space but it will go 10% slower.

whant do you all think?

• Like 1

actually. that sounds pretty cool. and i agree with that. but maybe need like 70+ ship building to add it? i like the idea +1

+1 from me too - it adds some choice and variety to existing shipping, and its a nice balancing point - either speed vs capacity.

One thing that will be really nice its the hability to build cargo compartiments in the big ships, so you don´t need to fill it with rafts, make those cargo bays take the same amount of mats than 100 rafts or more, and even more skill, but by example every cargo bay will by able to contain 250 items, and you can add up to 8 cargo bays per ship, and also make the bays unable to hold finished rafts. In that way you keep the limit of items, but in a more easy load/unload way, because its a lot better manage 8 bays than 100 rafts.

Regards.

Edited by KunAlt

+1

Although this should be combined with sail controls, so we can tack under opposite wind, or pull up the sail to slow down a bit on approaches to harbors.

Also, i have 2 extra ideas for the addons, maybe take like 10-20% storage space, and add Stuff like a forge or a oven, or even looms.

Also, you could add a cattle slot addon, where you could board cattle, in exchange for like 50% storage (allowing for 6 animals). Alternatly, a 1-2 cattle slot could be exchanged for a 1 player slot.

Also not every ship should have every addon. IE Rowboats and sailboats should have none.

One thing that will be really nice its the hability to build cargo compartiments in the big ships, so you don´t need to fill it with rafts, make those cargo bays take the same amount of mats than 100 rafts or more, and even more skill, but by example every cargo bay will by able to contain 250 items, and you can add up to 8 cargo bays per ship, and also make the bays unable to hold finished rafts. In that way you keep the limit of items, but in a more easy load/unload way, because its a lot better manage 8 bays than 100 rafts.

Regards.

my ide was that you can only choose a add on than it will have its pro and con and maby how many and typs of add ons can be diffrent for diffrent kind of ships and how many that you can add too

Another Idea would be that With say the Knarr the more people you have on the boat the faster it goes with less wind :P because the more to command the ores :D

That would increase the maximum load WAY above current standards. so -1

I like ideas here. I'm the one, who will build and fit this addons to your ships :P

But I see one big problem here. Ships and carts now have none weight limits. They have only limits what containers fits inside. With some finesse and tricks you have close to infinity in question of max load weight. In such conditions it is hard raise or lower max load :(

It is not so far in past, when was theoretically possible to fit 100 unfinished caravels inside cart/ship. It is 100 x 5500 = more than 500 tons of load in large cart or big ship. That carts and ships still can move in full speed.

Until real weight limits will be implemented into carts and ships, your ideas here are pointless.

Edited by Zakerak

Another Idea would be that With say the Knarr the more people you have on the boat the faster it goes with less wind :P because the more to command the ores :D

I think you should be able to customize the sails of boats. You should be able to use different types of paints(red, blue, green, etc.)to paint different designs onto the sails of a boat(obviously not a rowboat cause they have no sails). I think it would also be cool to be able to put different designs on the side of the boat.

On today's episode of Pimp My Ride, someone with 90 shipbuilding will attempt to break the naval speed record in a knarr cut down and streamlined to the maximum.

Tomorrow, he's going to add on a crow's nest and 19 inch platinum spinners XD

• Like 1

I've never really understood why ship and cart QL don't effect speed. Pin current speed to 50QL, then just factor in QL such that 20QL is 70% current speed and 99QL is 49% faster. Basically a percent speed boost of QL - 50.

As it is now boats decay so incredibly slowly there's not much reason to imp them past 30 or 40 except for skill gain.

Something similar could be done for volume. Tweaking the DB to track a cart or boats speed and cargo tweaks may be hard but pinning the speed and cargo to QL is trivial.