Sign in to follow this  
Vividred

Dropped Item Becomes Part Of Deeded Property

I accidentally dropped an Anaconda corpse on ground which was deeded, without moving I instantly went to pick it back up only to see that the 'take' option was now 'steal' and being on Independence, stealing isnt an option either way. I killed the anaconda in a different area and brought it with me to put in my house when I miss clicked 'drop item' instead of 'examine'. I asked the ingame help who said that It should still be under the 'take' option if I have not moved more than 5 squares away, which means either, dropping an Item in Eirska near the vendor makes it bug, or the person who owns the area, has made it so anything dropped becomes theirs? Id love to get my snake back and the owner of the area is rarely on, and if they are, I coincidentaly, am not.

to reproduce, perhaps kill a creature in/near Shadowthorne where I got the anaconda from, walk over the south mountain road and pass the vendor to the first lamp after the mystery glade sign (you should be starting to walk up a small hill) drop the corpse just after it dont move, and attempt to pick it back up. My snake might even be there if it isnt taken or disappears. In which case, drop it in same place.

Sounds like it's working as designed. Take care when dropping items to inspect the ground first and make sure that you're not in someone's deed.

• Like 1

I disagree with Garis. If you drop it on someone's deed, you should be able to pick it up again regardless of the permissions.

I dropped an arrow on a deed inside a house I did not own/nor was I on the writ but I was a villager of the deed and and was able to pick it up, I then dropped a corpse and received the steal option

It should work as it's still in your ownership until you move three tiles away. It used to, at least. This might be a legitimate bug.

I noticed the same odd bug with corpses. Might be corpse-specific?

On a deed I am allied to, I get steal-option with signs, though it should be take-option (seeing the permissionsettings for allies, plus I'm on all writs). However (on Indy so Freedom-isles) I *can* steal them.

Tells me the steal and take mechanics do need looking into in general, it doesnt seem to be just a corpse-thing.

Well the forums are usually largely ignored. Perhaps they're read but replies are very rare. If you'd like (or rather liked, since it is probably too late now) help getting the corpse back you should've called /support.

Something to keep in mind next time you run into a bug.

I don't know what makes you think the forums are ignored. I know that the GM's regularly read through these. I am sure all things needing looking at are being handled.

I don't know what makes you think the forums are ignored. I know that the GM's regularly read through these. I am sure all things needing looking at are being handled.

• Like 1

Yeah, we noticed this a lot with corpses being left at our deed. We were not able to bury or pick them up (nor was the original person to drop them off).

Edited by Xallo