kajmir

New Pets

1kg sand to glowing = glass

"attach"1 jar water

"attach" 1 reed seed

= FishBowl

new fish:

Gold fish depths under 50

You see a sunset gold fish with a small but lavish fan tail.

Neons depths under 40

You see a tiny silver fish with a dab of red and a striking blue stripe.

Food food:

1 corn --> right click --> create flake (protien)

Tada .25 flakes

Carpentry -->create --> Misc ---> Sunken Ship

Woodscrap 1.5kg

1 small nail

2 rivets

Attachable (yet optional) increases fish life expectancy by 1 irl week.

The final QL of the bowl determines the life of the fish. (some crazy Rolf formula here)

When the fish dies, the bowl poofs.

Right click options on bowl:

Examine: You see a (fish type here) swimming around and blowing some bubbles, carefree.

Examine with Sunken ship: You see a (fish type here) hiding near a miniture ship, he seems very healthy and well cared for.

Feed (.05 flake)

Drop

Rename (must have)

Death:

"Your fish is gone and you can not bare an empty bowl. You throw it away."

• Like 3

Why stop at fish? We could have turtles, geckos, salamanders, bearded dragons, frogs, toads, newts!

• Like 2

Since I don't think fish count as creatures again st the count total, and it would mostly be an animated graphic without regular AI, then +1

small glass bowls that can hold 1 fish (caught by fisherman), or elaborate fancy aquariums that hold many more, with wood / iron / silver / gold framework made by fine carpenters or jewelcrafters

fish get "shrunk" once added (so you can even add miniature marlin, shark, catfish etc) and cannot be removed once added

Maybe Kelp can somehow be added as a required accessory that also "feeds" the fish (since they are not actually creatures wuth hunger bars), maybe allow also colored sand

Also of course keeping the original Goldfish & aquarium castle accessory since those are the foundation for the rest

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Ok, sure... +1, but really, there is a huge list of stuff that should be higher priority. I doubt this feature will bring more players to Wurm :P

Ok, sure... +1, but really, there is a huge list of stuff that should be higher priority. I doubt this feature will bring more players to Wurm :P

Although it wouldn't keep me around, I think Wurm does need more variety for pets, even if it is something as simple as this.

+1

Edited by Rudie

Big +1 for bringing glass back up... again... for the thousandth time... me want glass, pets would be interesting too

I think Star Wars Galaxies had acquariums of sorts didn't it? Did a quick google search but the "pocket aquarium" I found really wasn't worth posting.

In any case, can't say I get all that excited at the thought of a tiny fish stuck in a bowl but maybe it would make a nifty little Christmas/Kwanza/<etc. etc.> gift?

Otherwise some other ideas for added pets... courier pigeons, falcons, mine canaries, prison mouse for the front shirt pocket, french-speaking lobster, possessive seagulls...

Why stop at fish? We could have turtles, geckos, salamanders, bearded dragons, frogs, toads, newts!

I want a lobster or a crab. +1