Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

The Wunion - Wurms Finest News Source

The Truth About Dragon Fang Mountain

Recently an expedition of three unnamed persons set out to climb to the top of Dragon Fang mountain. (The highest peak on the Independence server). Their goal, reach the top and plant a sign up there for all passersby to see. At first their trek was an easy one, deciding to ascend the NW facing. They followed the path blazed by many a Wurmian. Then it happened. Once their journey took them passed the first ring, they noticed something just wasn't right. A foul odour unknown to them began to permeate the air. Their climbing gear was becoming increasingly less effective. The consistency of the statuesque mountain seemed to be changing ever so slightly. One of the three in the party had had enough and turned around and headed for home. The other two however, trudged on.
Soon, the couple found their footwear was hampering the climb... so off came the boots. Their bare feet seemed to mold directly into Dragon Fang with each step. This went on for metre after metre until one of the two remaining two climbers panicked and decided he couldn't take it anymore, and began his descent.
As the last anonymous climber slowly continued despite the fog, he could barely make out the peak of DF not too far in the distance. With great determination our hero trudged to the top. What was this he saw? A sign out of no where appeared between waves of fog. A sign that read, "Eladia's discarded cheese pile".

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 37

Gnomes Mined Heritage Tunnel

The reality of who actually mined out Pingpong's Folly, a huge tunnel to the north sea has finally come to light. For years Pingpong claimed it was him along with a "few helpers" who picked away at the rock all that time. Today, the Wunion has learned who these "helpers" really were. Going on a rumour overheard at the Large Rat Inn, the Wunion team headed out to investigate. Here's what they discovered.

Many moon ago, an anonymous traveler, hopelessly lost somewhere in the northern region of Independence was riding along what he thought was a main road. Suddenly, to his shock and awe, he witnessed a group of miniature beings walking into what is now known as "Pingpong's Folly". While hiding behind a tree...he scrambled for his backpack and pulled out a piece of papyrus and some dyes, then quickly sketched a drawing of what he saw. We at the Wunion have hunted down that traveler and purchased the drawing for you to view.

2ymglyu.jpg

The Wunion would now like to put to rest any myths that may be involved in regard to the Garden Gnomes. They are in fact Pingpongs mining army.

Edit: pic went missing, re-upped it

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 18

Blackout in Freedom Market

Yesterdays blackout in Freedom Market was not only a huge surprise to everyone, but it has also caused some undue panic for a few of the merchants working there. Today, several of the more distraught sellers of goods refused to show up for work, thinking the apocolypse was once again upon us. We'd like to wish them well, and pray to Vynora that they'll be back on the job soon.

The cause of the unscheduled FM disband is still under investigation and will be for some time. So far it's been discovered the highly beloved Enki disbanded FM so he could use the recouped cash to place a wager. Seems the FM mayor has a bit of a gambling bug and enjoys betting on the highly brutal and completely illegal Champ dog fights currently being held in the more seedier parts of Celebration. Luckily for Enki, he won his bet, then refounded Freedom Market to it's former glory before too much damage set in, much to the delight of the volunteers who've been working to repair FM recently. Spirit Templers are still on the scene and questioning the mayor to figure out all the finer details of what occurred yesterday.

• Like 17

Say, how about the Wunion researches the true story of who is behind the placing of a huge deed named Xanadu on the Independence server next to what was formerly the spawn point of Samling. The rumor is that the current mayor is just a front man for a clay like creature with a suspiciously similar name just ending with a different letter. The talk is that this person was trying to dominate the clay trade in that area for unknown purposes perhaps linked to applying it to horses for more companions for the real controller of this deed. All purely local gossip of course, which is why the Wunion would be just the *organicnation* to clear up this mystery with their *inside* contacts.

Another curiosity is a nearby forested village surrounded by palisades controlled by an unknown individual who only wanders out from it with a hooded cape pulled over their head (which by pure coincidence resembles my forum icon). Perhaps this hides a hideous visage deformed by years of abuse of magical substances? Then there is a village with the dubious name *Hideout* carved upon its settlement form across from this village that would lead one to wonder what they are hiding from as well. The rumors abound in this area of the map and curious minds want to know if *the truth is really out there*.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 2

New Unique Discovered

Early this morning, a fisherman in his rowboat was catching his daily limit on north shore of Deliverance when he was startled but what he described as a "shrill whinny". The angler went on to say the "shriek" gave him a chill that ran up and down his spine, then evoked every hair on his body to stand on end. Not too far in the distance, along the coast, some of the area lava tiles began spewing forth their flames. Bravely the fisherman pointed his craft towards them to see what was going on. As the rowboat slowly approached the shoreline, he could see the lava still erupting. Once again he heard the screeching whinny, only this time louder. To his dismay, emerging from the center of the lava field was a blackened horse... not only a horse, but a horse with wings. The courageous man disembarked his boat, the sweat began dripping from his face more and more from the ever increasing heat. He managed to creep close enough to be able to get a good view of the beast, it was a male. Once the majestic brute was fully free of the fiery hell, it immediately took to flight and disappeared into some clouds, never too be seen again. Locals have nicknamed the creature "Pegabro", and say they hope it never returns.

• Like 4

New's tip mabey, I think someone caught a blurry screenshot of the fabled bearshark that resides in "bear shark bay" In the City hall section ;)

Everybody Danec!

While making our way home from the west coast after a bountiful hunt, me and a bud decided to take a shortcut through a dense forest. As we made our way passed tree after tree, to our surprise, out of nowhere, a melodic sound began to fill the air. The rhythmic flute increased in volume as we made our way eastward, a faint clicking noise was also now noticeable. At the edge of the forest, much to our surprise, a flattened rock clearing formed. We decided to halt at the last row of trees to scope out the area before preceding. The music and clicking noises were coming from just around the corner of a hill to the left. We headed that way hesitantly. As we crept along the tree-line we could now see Zivirt, an old friend from days gone by, who used to be quite skilled in the art of taming. I was about to depart from the cover of the forest to greet Zivirt, when he began pointing and shouting in the opposite direction of us. The words couldn't be made out. My curiosity was now piqued. I snuck up a few more trees and could now hear "One... Two... Three... Four", repeated. There it was, around the corner... to my disbelief and astonishment. A Champ troll being commanded by Zivy, and he was teaching it how to tap danec! I thought to myself, this had better be part of this years Impalong entertainment.

• Like 5

Everybody Danec!

While making our way home from the west coast after a bountiful hunt, me and a bud decided to take a shortcut through a dense forest. As we made our way passed tree after tree, to our surprise, out of nowhere, a melodic sound began to fill the air. The rhythmic flute increased in volume as we made our way eastward, a faint clicking noise was also now noticeable. At the edge of the forest, much to our surprise, a flattened rock clearing formed. We decided to halt at the last row of trees to scope out the area before preceding. The music and clicking noises were coming from just around the corner of a hill to the left. We headed that way hesitantly. As we crept along the tree-line we could now see Zivirt, an old friend from days gone by, who used to be quite skilled in the art of taming. I was about to depart from the cover of the forest to greet Zivirt, when he began pointing and shouting in the opposite direction of us. The words couldn't be made out. My curiosity was now piqued. I snuck up a few more trees and could now hear "One... Two... Three... Four", repeated. There it was, around the corner... to my disbelief and astonishment. A Champ troll being commanded by Zivy, and he was teaching it how to tap danec! I thought to myself, this had better be part of this years Impalong entertainment.

Assassination of a King

Today at the Wunion, we have the recently widowed Troll Queen of Deliverance in the studio with us. For those of you who don't know, her husband, the Troll King, was recently assassinated by a group of vigilantes in the middle of the forest. The Queen is obviously distraught by the incident. So far we've managed to find out that the Troll King was on his first vacation in three years, with a few of his closest buddies. It was to be a peaceful trip to his favourite fishing hole where he liked to go after octopus, his favourite food, and drink a few bottles of wine. The Queen says she begged him not to go, especially after only a week before an attempt was made on the Kings life, but failed.

It seems the group was traveling near a main path on the way to the fishing spot, when they were confronted by a rather large group... armed, mounted, and ready to fight. The group of trolls were caught off guard. They managed to equip themselves with a few wooden logs they had gathered from the ground. Unfortunately, these make-shift clubs were no match for the weaponry of their enemy. The battle was over quick. The barbaric killers then went on to rob and butcher the dead troll bodies without remorse. It's rumoured that a few of the killers even kissed the corpse of the King and attempted to have their way with it. We can only hope these stories are not true.

We at the Wunion would like to wish the Troll Queen and her now orphaned children all the best, and hope her husbands murderers are brought to justice.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 9

I say the Queen was in on it. She was well aware of the topic on the forum, as these vile assassins, were planning to group up at a certain spot. Scouts were following his every step for a week. On top of that what kind of a troll king doesn't read the forum, even on vacation, something fishy must of happened...

• Like 1

Assassination of a King

Today at the Wunion, we have the recently widowed Troll Queen of Deliverance in the studio with us. For those of you who don't know, her husband, the Troll King, was recently assassinated by a group of vigilantes in the middle of the forest. The Queen is obviously distraught by the incident. So far we've managed to find out that the Troll King was on his first vacation in three years, with a few of his closest buddies. It was to be a peaceful trip to his favourite fishing hole where he liked to go after octopus, his favourite food, and drink a few bottles of wine. The Queens says she begged him not to go, especially after only a week before an attempt was made on the Kings life, but failed.

It seems the group was traveling near a main path on the way to the fishing spot, when they were confronted by a rather large group... armed, mounted, and ready to fight. The group of trolls were caught off guard. They managed to equip themselves with a few wooden logs they had gathered from the ground. Unfortunately, these make-shift clubs were no match for the weaponry of their enemy. The battle was over quick. The barbaric killers then went on to rob and butcher the dead troll bodies without remorse. It's rumoured that a few of the killers even kissed the corpse of the King and attempted to have their way with it. We can only hope these stories are not true.

We at the Wunion would like to wish the Troll Queen and her now orphaned children all the best, and hope her husbands murderers are brought to justice.

His brother on Exodus is next.

• Like 1

Zalifears Tree

In a secluded forest somewhere in the depths of Deliverance grows a tree unlike any I've ever seen before. First viewed through a spyglass from a distance, the tree immediately caught my eye. The group and I decided to head towards it. As we approached, we noticed that we had entered into the outskirts of an area known as Puzzle Plaza. Up close the tree had an enormous trunk, much like the mythical Montezuma Cypress. Amongst the immense foliage of the tree were what seemed to be a few leathery pods of some sort, each about the size of a grown man. As I circled the tree, a sign that read "Feed Only Source Salt" appeared. Fortunately, we had found source crystal earlier in our travels. It was crushed on the spot, then decided that we should see what would happened if we sprinkled it onto the trunk of the magnificent tree. To our dismay, the earth beneath us began to shake, some of the group began to panic and ran off into the forest. From one of the top branches a seed pod dropped to the ground. We looked at it from a safe distance, then slowly approached. The seam of the pod began to split, it was opening up right before our very eyes. To our disbelief, inside was the treasure dreams were made of. A black drake hide. Before any of us could grab the fortune, a voice was heard screaming obscenities at us. It was Zalifear... with dragon in tow. Those of us who remained, bolted the scene, never to return for fear of death, by dragon. The mystery of Zalifears unending supply of Drake may have just been discovered.

• Like 5

Thanks Gumbo for the information, I'll have to try that with an Oak tree!

Rain Causes Drought

Even to this day, the mystery of rain is still a puzzle to Wurmians. Sometimes it comes down in buckets, for hours at a time. But every bucket I've ever left outside, never had a drop in it the next day. What is this dry rain? How is it possible that narry a puddle is created after a storm? Crop harvests are way down. Most farmers are averaging only about seven cobs of corn from a 12x12 foot area, despite torrential rains. Last week while traveling down a highway, I poured a bit of backwash out of my waterskin. Much to my surprise, two Spawn of Uttacha emerged and immediately began to fight each other over the spill, the winner would happily wallow in it.

Most would agree this could be a recipe for disaster. So recently we spoke to Kaih about the dry rain situation. He's a budding alchemist who's seen it rain many, many times. When confronted with the dilema, all he had to say on the matter was "git off ma lawn"... So there you have it folks. One of Wurms leading alchemists is extremely concerned for his dry grass. Times are tough indeed.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 8

bad fertilizer or none.. and your barrels all lack tar.

that's what you get for being a cheapskate for not using the essential things ;)

The Troll King had it coming. The Queen has been trying to divorce him for years but he was a cold soul and made her life a misery. His brother, who is living a life of luxury on Exodus, will be punished soon.

• Like 1

Fly Me To The Moon

Tomorrow, as Sol rises in the North-West, one brave inhabitant of Independence will attempt to become the first Wurmian in space. Since Ishymitsukai was a young child, she looked to the stars dreaming of one day becoming a Wurmstronaught and reaching them. In the morning, Ishy will fulfill that dream by flying her new space-cart to the moon of Jackal.

The launch will take place from the Xanadu Space Center, which is located somewhere on the northern coast of Indy. Final preparations to the space-cart are happening as we speak and weather conditions are perfect for a launch at this time. The craft (pictured below) currently on the launch pad is a 90ql large space-cart being pulled by two young, well fed, and well groomed 5 speed black ponies. Also, a pair of 99ql fireworks have been attached to each side of the space-cart to help with the initial thrust. Tests have shown this should be sufficient power to allow the craft to break the planets gravitational pull and make it's way into Wurm space. From there on out, it'll be up to Ishymitsukai to pilot the spacecraft to the moon of Jackal and land there safely. An extra long thick rope has been tethered to the back bumper of the space-cart, so Ishy may climb back home when ever she wishes.

Best of luck in your travels!!

spacecart2.jpgspacecart1.jpg

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 9