Sign in to follow this  
kajmir

A Thank-You Thread

Wow, this thread right here put such a big smile on my face today reading through it on my lunch break. I got to thinking about all the people that I would love to say thankyou to, as I went about my work day the list grew bigger and bigger till I realised that I would be writing a novel. I came to a point where I decided not to write anything because I would feel awful should someone feel I left them out but I must at least reply to the ones that made today much brighter:

Headhunter - Thankyou for changing my hermit ways, I was always too afraid of taking on villagers in fear of my terraforming being messed with or something equally stupid, now I wouldnt trade tripping over healing covers every other tile for anything. I also love when we go on a mission how you tend to fall alseep and leave me to botonize for 8 hours so you have some woad and acorns to take home lol just kidding you know I'm always happy to help out.

Vinius - Without you I could never have been a Mongolian ANZAC, you're awesome and never fail to make me laugh. Thankyou for choosing to follow me after we dissolved the empire, even if it was just because we share a timezone lol.

Brqqq - Thankyou for listening to my rants and just generally being an all round fantastic guy, will be hard to fight against rather than beside you.

Alectrys - You are a beautiful person and a prime example of the quiet people that you spoke about. travelling around the lands of wurm allows you to meet some extraordinary folk who you hardly or never at all hear from in kchat. Thankyou for feeding me when I was working on Jains place, you didnt have to do it but you did regardless because you have a good heart. Im not sure how I am an inspiration to you other than that I am rather loud and obnoxious, so I do hope that means I will hear from you more often in kchat as it is always a pleasure to talk to you.

I would like to say a quick thankyou to two people who I will never forget (and who will likely never read this), Kiwibird/Shivertooth who was my rock and close friend, we had many adventures together and he convinced me to stick on the tin badge and become staff which changed my wurm experience more than I ever would have thought..and for the better too. And Movu, he held my hand and encouraged me to explore and fight all the while watching over and protecting me. We travelled all over Independence together and had an absolute blast.

Lastly I want to thank all my loverly ladies - Jainie poo, Alyeska, Pashka, Willow, Nefretiti, Ishy, Jilly, Nievette, Ruffle, Aristia, Cali and even Aeris for putting up with my constant and shameless flirting lol, and the whole of Independence for keeping me entertained.

Again, there is an incredible amount of people that I would love to say thankyou too, and I would hope that they know who they are and that they are special to me, I dont mind writing all night to say them but it would just be one giant TL;DR

I'd like to extend the hand of grattitude to :

Eliasthecrimson. I probably would have quit ages ago if it were'nt for you

Vandle: Your insight and help when I started working weapon smithing have proved invaluable

Duce ; For helping me after I got stuck and had no tools

KaiH; For sailing to chaos from deliverance and back again to pick me up, and giving me horse so I could reach my village from Tristan

Zuperman: For the knowledge

So many others, including Xallo, Extrusion, Stalk, Elite,Red, Pashka, Metaldragon, Aeris and all of you who have supported me in every other way. Big shout to the community in gneral, its the one thing that has kept me coming back.

Hugs.

Thanks to all my victims (past, present, and future) for having such great stuff and terrible locks :D

Oh gosh I would like to thank Daolin for teaching me that not all people are good hearted.

I want to thank Gurubear lollabelle tealc and elwood for being the best first village I have ever been in (Small bears)

I thank Eric for the fun times with his baby (Champ troll)

I thank Tim for the very exciting times in wild.

I would like to thank the BOS crew for taking me in when all else seemed lost. (Zerobyte Dashh Madboy and xsam)

I thank KellyT for making me laugh so many times.

I would also like to think all the people who hate me because without you I wouldn't have the motivation to play wurm ;D

Edited by Atndy

#1: GrizzlyAdams - He was my mentor way back in the day, general role model and friend. He was a great guy and I miss not seeing him around.

#2: Darkmalice - Another great guy, I'm sure I don't need to say much about him.

#3: AetherWalker - He's #3 only by tribute of time. He's been incredibly helpful and really made me interested in the trade around Wurm. Don't worry, I will be back to Riften sooner or later. Epic won't stay interesting forever :)

• Like 1

TBH, I would like to thank anyone and everyone who stuck around and played on wild.

You all made it an enjoyable experience for me, you all taught me many things (like flatraising back when i was a noob), killed me many a time, killed you many a time, and generally make the game more enjoyable and a learning experience at the same time.

You guys gave me things to help me improve my characters, and i gave you things to help you improve yours. We taunted each other to create drama to try and make the game more enjoyable when the PvP was at a low, and we built impressive deeds.

I appreciate what every one of you did, even if it wasn't that much, because without it maybe i wouldn't be playing now and i wouldn't be enjoying certain aspects of this game still, even the small bits.

Once again, thank you BL, JK, and MR, even if you're coated in freedom colors now, you were still a part of once was and maybe one day we can all go back to playing with or against each other again.

On another note, i would also like to thank anyone in the Doin' Stuff/Mongol Crew, all of you were pretty rad, and i especially enjoyed playing with those who quit the game. :/ FERNANDO COME BACK!

However, if i had to pick specifics... well...

Freedom Cluster:

Metaldragon - For always bursting my bubble in a way that put a smile on my face.

Battlepants, Figs and the rest of the Tower Point crew - You're always good guys, and you're never repayed enough for the generosity and compassion you show on a daily basis to the Wurm Online community.

Kadore and Eladia - All of the horses i've asked for from you two :) I don't really know what else to say besides thank you!

Zuperman - You're my homeboy mate, if i could ingame, id do anything to help you out. You put aside so much of your time to imp my things and cast on my things.

Tich - I'm still ecstatic of you for giving me some 90ql logs, and because of that i got the 90 carpentry title on a character which is now long and lost.

KellyT (back before you ever tried PvP) - for all the boats

Thorgot - boats

Schiann - Horses

Aetherwalker - Amazing person

Einherjar - My homeboy, without a doubt.

Lancelot - thanks for the large mauls.

Wild/Epic:

Duce - Always a pleasant guy, gave me many a things, thanks much duce and i believe ill probably be shouting that many days in the future too.

Xallo - One person i can always rely on, always a pleasure to PvP with you, epic or wild.

Noyst - Odd humour with fernando, always a joy. ;)

Fernando - I don't even know what to say, i really really really don't even know. all i can say is AMAZING PERSON.

Caius - I never really knew you, however, you still make me chuckle about the time you practically brought a fountain of loot to Our Wall when you went to bust me out of a mine with a few others.

Han - I never really knew you either, however, you killed me plenty.

Lunn - Always my homeboy, always someone i can rely on to have my back, and always someone i can trust. 1up bruv, you better come back.

Kabill - comedy genius

Mickeyyoyo and Onesickpoppy(kabill reference) - Great guys, wish you guys had the patience to be emperor, but i can understand, hah, nobody would want to rule people who could never agree on one thing.

Gaeron - The optimism and the shard of ice casts, brilliant man.

Nadroj and ZarmaZarma - You guys have a brilliant sense of humor and still are people i enjoy talking to every day, keep playing please!

Kraegar - Thanks for your outgoing kindness.

Carmichael and Loyal - The bicker brothers, always enjoyed joking around with you two.

Mojo - Someone i'd always PvP with.

Extrusion/JayCZ - Ive known the original extrusion for a while, great guy that id trust and enjoy PvPing with anytime, whereas Jay i have only known for a little but, but remarkably, i still think these two are the people that i would always welcome into a village of mine and play with anyday.

Farmerbob - Your theories were always fun to listen to and made me feel a little bit brighter every time i understood them.

Horton - You're an amazing motivational speaker mate, you did good on wild, keep it up.

Acerifle - Good guy.

Dadd - Was always there, open to conversation on both wild and freedom. I enjoyed every conversation i had with you bud.

Harleyvitality and Meply - Enjoy talking with you both.

Caliphae and Postman - Enjoy talking with you both.

Trollface - ;/)

Jackburton - Great guy, great sense of humour, come play again!

Rudie - Always put his faith in others, and thanks for giving everyone a chance, me included.

Norad - chainsmith

Dragonpen/Zehive - your videos and your unique personalities.

Madt - AMBASSADOR

Fuegan - Nice beard, bro. :) Come play again soon!

Wossoo - FOR LOMANER, ill be your information minister anytime. :)

Nefretiti - Thanks for taking care of my deed when i went on my wild expeditions.

Jock - for just being generally entertaining and fun to be around.

I hope you never win an Academy Award, the speech would never end :)

• Aetherwalker - For giving me my first two horses, being able to pull a cart is still awesome and for anwsering all my stupid noob smithing questions.
  • Sandyar/Emas - For some lamps because spiders on unstable coming at you in the dark is not a fun experience and for giving me a pair of cows not to mention just being incredible neighbors.
  • Sirrick - For coming down and killing the bear that had been stuck in my house for almost a month when I was freemium.

• Like 1

Well definitly Rolf and team for this wonderful game.

There's to many to mention really like Kaih said. A fairytale as Berris stated. Someone who rescued you, like so many have had. Great conversations, helpful hints and all in between.

Thank you everyone that has put up with my Thum and never questions me for being me.

The person that I really wanna thank and sticks out the most is a person that I Never really was close to and we both went seperate was after GV but, his words have always driven me toward me goals.

HORDERN "Wurm is a fair mediocracy"

Now looking at that avg, run of the mill and plain. Thats just it plain. it's a blank piece of paper you can write your name on, draw a wonderful picture and in most cases rise to a lvl never even thought possible. He told me my ambitions were to big for Golden valley and I should go to freedom. I took those words and left with a whole new world ahead of me.

Thank you everyone the good the bad and the ugly. Also Kajmir for making this thread, even though she prolly hates me for telling her the truth.

Edited by zalifear
  • Like 1

Well... Three years of playing, I have a lot of names, but here goes:

Idony for being my closest friend on GV and showing me that marlin spot which I'm sure is gone now that fishing is screwed up.

Hordern, Spelltest, Educator, and all the other PAs/CAs/CMs from GV, many more whose names I forgot, for answering all my questions in my noob days.

Monkey, for helping me kill that champ rat outside of Glitterdale.

All of Silverfall Village for helping me when I first got to Exodus.

Lobber for making that controversial map, providing me with numerous laughs, and giving me a place to stay at Castle Amber.

Fatboy for leading the alliance, helping me on Iron Mountain and being a good friend.

Roman for being a good village-mate for the short time he was with us and checking in from time to time.

Colus and Frostbite for being good neighbors at Shalebridge Cradle.

Makarus and Kirakarasuya for supporting me and helping me with whatever came my way.

Legionaire and Lokedott (and their army of alts) for putting up with my unreliable delivery of my part of our trades and for imping my stuff.

EnvyODB for being that GM I could rely on to always be there.

Alyeska and WKM for beautifying the Exodus spawn town of Esert.

BobMcKnob for giving me work at Strong Badia and for being a good friend and for those bugged spars that I shouldn't have won.

Baileytheferret for the horses and the huge axe versus dual longsword spar. Congratulations for beating me.

Joanavon and Kuzym for the good times during my five days on Serenity.

And last but not least, my brother CIRay, for those countless favors and being someone I can talk to about Wurm IRL.

Thanks everyone!

I dont talk or post much but i thought i would share something, i logged into forums and had a message to sort of check my mail box , i found a drake set , This restores faith in my fellow country men, even if a bloody emu cant walk backwards.

Even the bloody old enemy in Xallo offered .So to the amazing and all many thanks,

Cheers Dadd

• Like 3

Just a shout out to Gumbo.. for always being there when i need something and for giving me endless discounts. One day i will pay full price i swear! :P

I also want to thank Darwin, for the many laughs and making wurm bareable while doing endless tedious chores. go go bison go!

Lastly a shout out to Brash... for giving me my first ever cows... even though the adventure to get them was... lets say, a little difficult and also to Xhairy and Ebriel for taking that journey with me. hahaha you guys died and i lived.... woot!

Edited by Lolly1

I have to thank Crazybill for dragging me to WURM. We were playing ATITD and when I first came here I HATED it...... but it grew on me and now no other game will do!

Because I didn't like the game I just stood around and chatted...with anyone who would talk with me. I had no idea what to do ... no idea about grinding skills... no idea about wiki! I have come a LONG way!!!!!

One day this guy comes into local and I asked if he needed a drink or a meal.... That was the day I met Dadd. I'd be on autowalk and then lag horribly so that I was totally lost. He would find me! I 'organized' his house and he didn't mind! LOL He left me raw meat (I didn't cook... too busy chatting)! He traded my deed with one of his by a lake that was closer to him so that I'd be under his guards. He has been so patient with me! Teasing, encouraging, laughing, supporting, teaching. Others would try to explain how to do things (like terraforming) but I just didn't get it. Dadd explained it and I understood! I'm proud to say that my digging skill is 86.08! He would take me hunting to get experience. I think part of the reason is because he laughed at my antics!!!! He is my best friend in the game and I am so very glad we met.

Maxamishtegreat and Violet are great friends too! Lots of time in Woodscove!

Gatwick (where the heck did he go??) was always encouraging and I got my Orchard inspiration from him.

There have been others thru the years that have taken the time to chat and have fun.

Wurm is a great game...with lots of good people!

.... ruthie (in game name)

#1: GrizzlyAdams - He was my mentor way back in the day, general role model and friend. He was a great guy and I miss not seeing him around.

He is a great guy and I miss not seeing him around Wurm.

Also, hi Fez, didn't know you still played. You will find grizz on steam now and again.

Oh I'll chip in here, why not. These will be a few specifics. There are of course alliances/kingdoms, the staff, so on and so forth that deserve my thanks too.

I started playing just over 3 years ago, and the first person has got to be someone I've not seen in a while - Zephyr. He was a CM on GV when I started. He and his bears ruled the server (well, the Northern part) on his island by Glitterdale. One of my first experiences in wurm was to have my just smelted iron stolen from my forge. This was back in the day when mining timers were a minute and it took 45 mins to melt it to iron lump in a low QL forge (about 30 to 35 mins in a 20QL forge). He did his best to help catch the thief, but no luck. He probably gave me a small anvil in the end as that's what I'd been trying to make. I'm a stubborn person, so would probably have hung around Wurm to try again, but knowing that there were helpful people around gave a much greater sense of commuity and it certainly encouraged me to stay. He also helped me out as I was learning the ropes of being a chat moderator 6 months later.

Enki for seeing through my overly complicated PA [now CA] application and accepting me on to the staff, and then upgrading to CM a couple of months later.

Zalifear (and by association, Foreverskyz) - OK, so I'd often explored GV in little bits, but the first time I really went on a roundabout wander and hunting trip was with Zalifear. We had such a laugh traversing the seemingly HUGE mountains (at that point, neither of us had seen the Freedom or Wild servers and seen the size of the mountains over there) and almost getting horribly lost twice before finding our way back to Glitterdale. Everyone can also blame me for his appearance on Freedom. As he mentioned on the last page, it was while he was building Grandcourt Castle just South of Glitterdale and he was describing his plans to me (despite the fact he'd only been on the server about 4 days...) that I told him to prem up asap and get over to Freedom as the skill cap limitations on GV would only frustrate him. It took about 2 weeks to a month for him to finally accept I was probably right, and off he went.

Tonygreen - possibly a controversial choice to some, but as I was an honest, genuine wurmian who was coming over to the premium servers for the first time with the aim of joining the kingdom and helping build a deed, he was one of the most generous players I have ever come across. Yes, he's mad, yes, he had some crazy schemes, but my early premium wurm experience was far richer for having joined his deed.

Manny - I hadn't intented to apply to be a GM (and in fact technically I never did :P ). I didn't have much time to devote to Wurm once my unemployment thankfully came to an end. However, Manny approached me about becoming a GM and was I interested. I can only say I'm really glad I was approached and that I was accepted even after announcing my low availability at the time. Despite some of the hellish cases I've dealt with - I also hate dissapointing people, so cringe every time I have to say 'sorry, you're going to have to make your own way out of that mine shaft...' - I've had many more rewarding occasions to look back on. I hope no one reads this and suddenly feels the urge to bash Manny's head in ;)

Willow. Everyone needs to thank Willow. No explanation should be neccesary!

Finally the Freebears crew on Freedom where I lived while building up a Mag priest who was destined to become a champ on Wild. However, champs were taken out 3 days before I reached the requirements :P Especially thanks to Tealc, Lola, Windee and Plebian - the friendliest, most helpful group you could ever hope to encounter, well... unless Plebian has had a rough day in the office!

I would like to thank Tealc and Lolabelle for taking me in to small bears on jkhome when i had no where else to go and helping me and teaching me and making me the wurmian i am today. I would also like to thank Elwood for allowing me to join ultimarus and become an elder there.