Sign in to follow this  
kajmir

A Thank-You Thread

I'd like to thank mah nygga Gesh for being such a great buddy. Together we plundered abandoned villages, broke into peoples mines and took everything of worth. Best time i had in wurm. Good times. Good times.

Its rather quite simple in my opinion. Thank you to everyone for making Wurm what Wurm is to me. Wurm isn't a game to me, its a community, a community of amazingly friendly, unbelievably generous and outstandingly unique people. I have to admit if the Wurm community wasn't what it was I would have quit long, long ago.

But I feel I need to thank some people, starting from first time on Wurm.

Neb, Decook, Gumbo, Edgeofdarkness and everyone else from New Southport back in JK-H times: Simply because you took me in minutes after I had logged into Wurm. Taught me everything, fed me, fought with me, showed me what possibilities and endless creativity Wurm had to offer. Without you guys I doubt I would have stayed on Wurm for long.

Metaldragon and Madboy for letting me come hunting with them on JK-H: Watching you's kill them scorpions and letting me endlessly miss were quite amazing.

Ulfpain, Robfox and everyone else up at Northern Lights: For helping me and my friends start a deed of our own. Then followed this by then giving me a home, feeding me and teaching me even more about Wurm.

Everyone in BL in the last year or two of Wild for just simply being you, along with everyone else on wild who I encountered. Including you Nad, that sword still brings back good memories.

And lastly...Smejack for being Smejack, giving me tonnes of laughter, a place to live, a place to make a mess(Healing covers everywhere) and for being someone always enjoyable to talk to.

Also all the people below for being you.

Alyeska, Dannyiron, Daolin, Eir, Ethario, Felthanne, Lancelot, Marienara, Octaley, Redi, Stagger, Tfugl, Tiu, Willow, WKM, Xsamuraizx, Zalifear, Zaz, Zerobyte, Zuperman and everyone else I know...

Thank you!

Edited by headhunter

As so many people have said, its the community that really enhances this game. Its got a learning cliff from heck and as a new player... those initial people that lend a hand really leave a lasting impression!

As a new player, 7 weeks in now yay, there are a few stand outs and thank you for making this thread and giving me the opportunity to thank them publicly.

On my first day or 2 while i thought i was on a giant adventure, but really only 5 minutes run to Tap Dance (but very very lost of course as i tend to usually be, NEVER follow me anywhere), I had the pleasure to run into a few great folks who would eventually become my village mates. Sugarodenta is a saint i swear, and showed me a great place to build my first house, helped me level it when i was overwhelmed with understanding the 3 down 2 up nightmare that is digging pre lvl 15. She and her husband Cattulus gave me my first sickle and started me on the path to becoming a tree hugging freak. They had only played the game for a week or so, but still were so willing to answer my questions and help me become a good wurmian. I pay it forward as often as i can to the new players as our deed is close to the spawn area.

Then there is Roman. .. .. Man at first i was a bit worried he was angry at me as he was building close to my house and other people had asked him to move spots. He comes over to my house, doesn't really speak as per normal Roman style, trades me a meal and what did you say roman?? 'enjoy your last supper'. Says he is there to wreck my place and proceeds to totally fix the giant mess i had made flattening fields, crafts me a ql 70 shovel (which i still treasure to this day which has been used and abused), gives me advice on my giant hole er.. mine making project, taught me heaps about wurm history and left his spare nice anvil I use to this day in my boat making. Sad he is leaving celebration but I spose i have to share him ;)

And then there is cymmy. Ahh dear cymmy! She unwittingly got me into the game but didn't know it until we had a very usual chance meeting. I have been unwell and stuck in bed and i recalled a few months back (I know her from a non gaming forum) she played this game called wurm. So being sick and bored i gave it a crack (and now its MY crack haha). Sooooo eventually i read on wiki that you could get horses to pull carts and ride on so I was keen to spend a bit of my 2 silver prem bonus to get one. So to kchat i go looking for a cheap nag and i end up talking to cymmy (who I do NOT know at the time is my friend) who offers not only to give me a horse for free, but to bring it to Tap Dance for me!! I am SUPER SUPER excited about this!! All my christmases came at once, so off I go and when she arrives we are talking in tells a bit and her recount of her RL week sounds VERY familiar. I am like ****** is that you?? She of course freaks out and we have the biggest laugh ever over meeting though such unusual circumstances. I also blame her for inspiring me to make a priest *grumbles something about bless skill being no fun* and thank her for giving me a big slice of her deed to play harbour master on.

TLDR: People in wurm are awesome and turn a lost confused noob into a addict

• Like 1

oh man where to start

First i'd like to thank Strawberrieluvsu, Clifford, Ithynor, and Imogenus for taking me and Kharm in when we were still little noobs.

I'd like to thank Mopreme for being an awesome guy to live with, even if he did disappear after the deed we made was done, and who also taught me how to dig.

Also Mauz (RIP) for helping me when i died quite a few times during the time i was her neighbor, and also Depends, for putting up with an awful lot of nooby questions.

I'd like to thank the whole Solace crew, Ryuu, Snakegal, Amara, Draugwyn, Xallo, and Nate, for being really the first big village i joined that i stayed in for longer than a month.

More people that certainly deserve thanks just for being generally awesome people, in no specific order.

Zuperman, Kajmir, Rudie, Emoo, Kaih, Lizabeth, Nikkunikku, Serpentarius, Thorgot, Ruka, Toadly, and Zalifear, and really, anyone I've had a positive encounter with.

And of course everyone in my current village and alliance. You guys are all awesome.

Edited by Zivirt
  • Like 1

I would want to thank Hellspawn. He is not a well-known player by any stretch of the imagination, and has been on Wurm on an on-off basis. However, when I started out on JK-Home goodness knows how long ago now, I started out in Newtown, lost and confused, not knowing what to do with myself. (I can still picture the entire area now), and I remember wandering all around the area - up the hill leading to the west, down to lake cove around Dottie, and lurking on the deed to avoid a notorious brown bear. However, I was setting up a small area of my own, and little did I know I found a neighbour. My first ever neighbour, Hellspawn. He owned a large forestry area just adjacent to my area. He was extremely kind and well mannered, offering me supplies, knowledge, and above all, friendship and support. I had very little in the way of skills or knowledge, so he taught me many of the basics (This is back in the days pre-tutorials) and even after I set up a rubbish basic area, without me knowing he came around and improved all of my walls and housing for me. Before knowing me for long, he allowed me access to everything he had, and we trusted each other.

Anyway, I started to develop my skills and grow my own mental wurm encyclopedia, and I was expanding. I demolished my first area, built a larger house. Soon got bored of it, expanded the area, rebuilt a new house. I ended up developing and being in the area bordering Newtown for a long while, and ended up making more and more friends, becoming more well known. Before long, I met Danypos, who would preceed to set up alongside myself. We worked together on everything, he built a large U-shaped stone house, and we worked together. I constructed a guard tower, and after a while he left, entrusting me with his house - I worked from there and lived there, and constructed the first fight arena (as far as I'm aware) on the shore of Newtown. I still remember the competition I held there, a grand time indeed, with MD, Hellspawn and everyone.

There's so many more fine details that could go into this story, I could talk about Fathertime over at Whitehill, I could talk about Dottie down at Lake Cove... great memories from a long time ago. (Starting to feel old here!) and I have far too many people to thank from over the years, the Wurm community really is a fantastic one on the whole. However, my foundations, the basis of my character, Dannyiron, all originated from that coast alongside Newtown, and the basic knowledge and skills that enabled me to do everything I have done in my Wurm career - much of it came from Hellspawn. I haven't spoken to him in years, don't know his real name, or where he comes from, and I'm fairly sure he does not play anymore, but even though he doesn't know it, I owe him a great deal, and I am very grateful for everything he did, all that time ago.

So many people I could thank:

Thrundar, the first person to take me under the wing as a brand new player all the way up in the wilds of NE Independence. He taught me how to build stuff, how to pick a good spot to deed, and basically showed me the ropes of the game.

Allurapre, my closest neighbor in NE Indy, who taught me to get rid of the wooden houses and fences and get some decent stone ones built. ;) She taught me everything she knew and was/is a wonderful person to know and a wonderful neighbor.

But you guys want a story, so a story you shall have. :) When the Exodus server first opened, I sent my alt down there to find and deed a little waterfront spot. Not long afterwards, one night a wayward traveller stopped by, he was also from Independence originally, and he was looking for a little spot to deed - he asked me if he could deed next to me, and started setting up his place. A few days/weeks later, we were talking about the wildlife on Exodus, and the (then) lack of trolls. I mentioned that at my old deed on Indy, we had 4 troll spawns at one point - his response was "really? me too!". I asked him where his old deed was, he said NE - my response was "really? mine too!". He then asked me what my old deed was - and it turned out that we had actually lived in the same area before! Because we were both on alts, we didn't realize who we had been talking to.

Since then, he's not only been a great Wurm neighbor, but we've become very good friends as well. We started an alliance that has grown steadily over the past year, we work on neighborhood projects together, and we assist each other with our individual deed projects. We have a mutual love of digging, dirt, and perfect slopes, a tendency to say the same things at the same time, and we have great fun being pirates as we pillage and plunder abandoned settlements and restore them back to nature. We've even branched off to play other MMOs together, and together with my husband, we make a pretty remarkable and fierce gaming team.

But most importantly, we've been there for each other when real life gets crazy and we need that extra shoulder to lean on. He cheered me up and kept me going when I was in the throes of depression a while back, and I've (hopefully!) helped him thru things as well. He's a kind, intelligent, witty, chivalrous and giving soul with a wicked and raunchy sense of humor and a great singing voice, and he's one of my best friends, thanks to Wurm.

So thank you Gallo, for all the fun, laughs, insanity, and friendship. You're the bomb-diggety.

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 2

I didn’t get to actually PvP a single enemy but I did participate in a night of tower bashing and general mayhem that took us from the plains where HoM now is all the way to the ‘Rolf Tower’ at Gold Coast. It was terrific fun, and it really felt like I was taking part in the ‘real’ history of Wurm and doing stuff that would change the game – very exciting!

whoa, you were there? o_O

ty xallo and nosyt for murdering me in cold blood and taking my huge club affinity

• Like 2

There are many people who have influenced me during my wurmian travels.

But I would like to thank one man, in particular, he goes by the name of Eyerobot

Eyerobot was a very helpful player who i met on my first day of the freedom isles...after being dragged to Collosus Lake by deathreus I was introduced to him. And once I founded my own deed across the lake, and built up my town with a few noobs who sadly have all left the game and me, eyerobot was there to help and guide a young, senseless, wurmian like myself...whether it was us plotting to be an economic powerhouse, or him dropping off some lanterns he made for me or just having some general chit-chat like we still have once in a while. Whether he knows it or not, he truly kept me in wurm when I was prepared to quit due to frustration. And I am so happy I was able to get to know you and for you to help me in enjoying such an awesome game.

Thank you eyerobot maybe one day we can be neighbors once again :D

• Like 1

I would like to thank everyone that has been part of the Doin Stuff/Mongol crew. Lots of fun, actually making this game endurable.

Shout out for Posteh, probably the best PVPer in Wurm, great friend and mentor.

Shout out for Sme, coolest person in Australia.

But I would like to thank one man, in particular, he goes by the name of Eyerobot

Eyerobot was a very helpful player who i met on my first day of the freedom isles...after being dragged to Collosus Lake by deathreus I was introduced to him. And once I founded my own deed across the lake, and built up my town with a few noobs who sadly have all left the game and me, eyerobot was there to help and guide a young, senseless, wurmian like myself...whether it was us plotting to be an economic powerhouse, or him dropping off some lanterns he made for me or just having some general chit-chat like we still have once in a while. Whether he knows it or not, he truly kept me in wurm when I was prepared to quit due to frustration. And I am so happy I was able to get to know you and for you to help me in enjoying such an awesome game.

Haha he lives right next to me! I'm going to point him towards this in a second.

You are very welcome, I'm glad I was able to make a good friend in Wurm.

I would like to thank three people, I hope they don't mind me mention their names in public.

First one is Tridek. When I had started the game, I settled down at a place not far from FM on Indy. I had upgraded to premium, but after few days I already started to regret the decision. Basically only thing I had time for, was to look for food. :) Foraging, fishing, it filled my stomach a bit, but that only gave me time to keep looking for more food, I was like in endless loop. Then I got a tell from stranger, who asked if I wanted to join his village. Funny thing was, that at first I was suspicious, I was sure, that he was only after my stuff. "A big fortune" I already had in my shed. During the brief moments, where I wasn't after food, I had gathered low quality lumps, clay, planks, made a big anvil(!). Surely it made people greedy and they wanted to steal it all from me. :) But in the end I decided, that it would be better for me to move to Trideks village. In time I realized how wrong I was, Tridek was helping in any way he could, he even suicided himself, so I could bury his corpse, when I needed alignment to become a follower of Vyn. He has quit the game now, but I know I wasn't the only newbie he did help on the feet.

When Tridek invited me to his village, I also met people, who were in the alliance he was part of. Next two people I want to thank, are from that alliance. So, the second person I would like to thank is Ambersummers. When there was an emergency, Amber is always there to help "put out the fire". I remember once, when I was on a hunting trip with Tridek, far from home. We were there with horses and cart, Tridek went afk. But then came server restart. I logged in after restart and of course horses were unhitched. Wouldn't have been a big problem, but I had no ropes. Amber also came online, when she heard about the problem, she just asked, where we were. After a bit, she was there with the ropes. :) Another time a spider had killed my horse, again far from home, I was loaded with loot, so I could barely move. It was again Amber, who brought me a horse. Those are just two moments I remember most. But the time has shown, that when you are in trouble and see Amber around, you can breathe and know, that you are safe. :)

Another person from the alliance was Mystivia. She was like a "career counselor". Whatever career choice I tried, she supported with stuff for that "job". Sails/ropes for ship building, animals for breeding, animal bits for alchemy.. you name it, she had it. Also I like how she even on serious topics doesn't forget the humor.

Of course there have been plenty of others, who have given advice and explained the mechanics etc.. but these are three people, who have influenced my journey most in the lands of Wurm. Thanks for being there.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Borderline trolling
Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Borderline trolling

O wise and wondrous Kajmir, how I wish to thank you! You have been my guiding star, luminous Kajmir, from that fateful night when you sailed to my modest island, my water-clad gaol, and carried me with you to your eternal city, your Paradise, the one that you have since sold back, leaving us, who used to celebrate your presence, to the darkness of our days. The lighthouse of Alexandria was a mere candle compared to the brightness of your fire; I was drawn to you as a moth is drawn to the naked flame.

Thank you, thank you, O great and fearsome Kajmir, for your generosity. When your thundering voice said -- spake, they would have said in an earlier age -- "chisel me five hundred bricks", it was to your glory that I did so. Never would I have debased myself to do this most sacred of tasks, as did the builders of pyramids and temples in the mists of Antiquity, for mere emoluments, the bane of society; was not the Son of God himself betrayed for three months of premium? No, wise Kajmir, you knew that the bricks, and mortar, and planks, that I crafted could serve in the erection of no nobler edifice than that dedicated to your cause, your vision; that the task itself was its greatest reward. Thank you for allowing me to divert time from my fruitless pursuits so that I could be helped by you. You saved me, Kajmir; without you, I would possess no self-respect, no dignity. You taught me the virtue of hard work and the necessity of gratitude.

I was once speechless, mouth agape, before you, when none of my supplications and entreaties could reach you; but now I prostrate myself before you to say, as if this were my last breath before the impenetrable night of Fatality finally drew us apart, Thank you.

Edited by Vetarnic

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Cleaning
Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Cleaning

.... wow, suck up much?

• Like 1

sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm... dash of bitterness with a pinch of cynicism... rinse... continue sarcasm.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Cleaning
Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Cleaning

Vetarnic has been reported for his posts.

I assure you it was insincere nor in the spirit of the thread.

Any futher trolling will be reported.

Thank-you.

Edited by kajmir

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - No reason given

Vetarnic has been reported and will be removed from the contest.

I consider him ineligible and I assure you it was insincere nor in the spirit of the thread.

Please make no futher referances to him or his post.

Thank-you.

Edited by Vetarnic

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Continued derailing of topic
Hidden by tealc, September 18, 2012 - Continued derailing of topic

Your cronies at work, I suppose?

Well, I'm done here.

And, once again, thank you.

TBH, I would like to thank anyone and everyone who stuck around and played on wild.

You all made it an enjoyable experience for me, you all taught me many things (like flatraising back when i was a noob), killed me many a time, killed you many a time, and generally make the game more enjoyable and a learning experience at the same time.

You guys gave me things to help me improve my characters, and i gave you things to help you improve yours. We taunted each other to create drama to try and make the game more enjoyable when the PvP was at a low, and we built impressive deeds.

I appreciate what every one of you did, even if it wasn't that much, because without it maybe i wouldn't be playing now and i wouldn't be enjoying certain aspects of this game still, even the small bits.

Once again, thank you BL, JK, and MR, even if you're coated in freedom colors now, you were still a part of once was and maybe one day we can all go back to playing with or against each other again.

On another note, i would also like to thank anyone in the Doin' Stuff/Mongol Crew, all of you were pretty rad, and i especially enjoyed playing with those who quit the game. :/ FERNANDO COME BACK!

However, if i had to pick specifics... well...

Freedom Cluster:

Metaldragon - For always bursting my bubble in a way that put a smile on my face.

Battlepants, Figs and the rest of the Tower Point crew - You're always good guys, and you're never repayed enough for the generosity and compassion you show on a daily basis to the Wurm Online community.

Kadore and Eladia - All of the horses i've asked for from you two :) I don't really know what else to say besides thank you!

Zuperman - You're my homeboy mate, if i could ingame, id do anything to help you out. You put aside so much of your time to imp my things and cast on my things.

Tich - I'm still ecstatic of you for giving me some 90ql logs, and because of that i got the 90 carpentry title on a character which is now long and lost.

KellyT (back before you ever tried PvP) - for all the boats

Thorgot - boats

Schiann - Horses

Aetherwalker - Amazing person

Einherjar - My homeboy, without a doubt.

Lancelot - thanks for the large mauls.

Wild/Epic:

Duce - Always a pleasant guy, gave me many a things, thanks much duce and i believe ill probably be shouting that many days in the future too.

Xallo - One person i can always rely on, always a pleasure to PvP with you, epic or wild.

Noyst - Odd humour with fernando, always a joy. ;)

Fernando - I don't even know what to say, i really really really don't even know. all i can say is AMAZING PERSON.

Caius - I never really knew you, however, you still make me chuckle about the time you practically brought a fountain of loot to Our Wall when you went to bust me out of a mine with a few others.

Han - I never really knew you either, however, you killed me plenty.

Lunn - Always my homeboy, always someone i can rely on to have my back, and always someone i can trust. 1up bruv, you better come back.

Kabill - comedy genius

Mickeyyoyo and Onesickpoppy(kabill reference) - Great guys, wish you guys had the patience to be emperor, but i can understand, hah, nobody would want to rule people who could never agree on one thing.

Gaeron - The optimism and the shard of ice casts, brilliant man.

Nadroj and ZarmaZarma - You guys have a brilliant sense of humor and still are people i enjoy talking to every day, keep playing please!

Kraegar - Thanks for your outgoing kindness.

Carmichael and Loyal - The bicker brothers, always enjoyed joking around with you two.

Mojo - Someone i'd always PvP with.

Extrusion/JayCZ - Ive known the original extrusion for a while, great guy that id trust and enjoy PvPing with anytime, whereas Jay i have only known for a little but, but remarkably, i still think these two are the people that i would always welcome into a village of mine and play with anyday.

Farmerbob - Your theories were always fun to listen to and made me feel a little bit brighter every time i understood them.

Horton - You're an amazing motivational speaker mate, you did good on wild, keep it up.

Acerifle - Good guy.

Dadd - Was always there, open to conversation on both wild and freedom. I enjoyed every conversation i had with you bud.

Harleyvitality and Meply - Enjoy talking with you both.

Caliphae and Postman - Enjoy talking with you both.

Trollface - ;/)

Jackburton - Great guy, great sense of humour, come play again!

Rudie - Always put his faith in others, and thanks for giving everyone a chance, me included.

Norad - chainsmith

Dragonpen/Zehive - your videos and your unique personalities.

Madt - AMBASSADOR

Fuegan - Nice beard, bro. :) Come play again soon!

Wossoo - FOR LOMANER, ill be your information minister anytime. :)

Nefretiti - Thanks for taking care of my deed when i went on my wild expeditions.

Jock - for just being generally entertaining and fun to be around.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I thank Raamkozijn, when I was new, he let me and a friend join his village and generally helping us out. He is still one of the coolest guy I know and I still talk to him almost every day.

I thank Smejack too for just being awesome and very helpful when I first knew her on Freedom and then also on Epic. A very nice person to talk to about pretty much anything.

On Epic, I thank Acerifle and Fireheart. They sponsored players to come join them and I had a great time. They helped me out a lot and I had my first pvp experience with them. I remember we managed to kill jaycz at the WL and it got me an alchemy affinity I think and a bunch of rank. I died later but it was still very exciting and it got me interested in pvp.

In Black Summit, I thank Borken for just generally being a cool guy and also helping me out since I was still new to pvp, Ryaa because she had skills in almost everything and she would make items for everyone (someone like Gomeo, except much cooler) and also enchant them. I thank Sparkytaco for being Sparkytaco.

In the Mongols, I pretty much thank everyone. Never had a problem with anyone there, nicest bunch of people I've played with. I just wish there wasn't such a big timezone difference.

Most of the people I'd like to thank are those who I call the silent majority. We're here in force, but you'd hardly know it because we tend to go about our business without fanfare. Most have been around for 2 years or more, but have 200+ days played, so we're a bit more than 'casual' players.

My thanks to 2 real life friends who tried to entice my husband and I to try out Wurm for a full year. We were still enamored with WoW so we resisted until the day we could no longer attain what we wanted without a party of 20 others. We let our friends know that we were registering for Wurm and would let them know when we finished the tutorial. They began their journey from the Western Wall on horseback while my husband and I walked through the tutorial. We waited for them at The Howl, they invited us to their village and promptly told us to kill ourselves. Welcome to Wurm!

More thanks that can fit into a Huge Tub has to go to my husband. He patiently sits beside me while I try to master Wurm stuff. I can't tell you how long it took in the beginning to 'understand' digging. I'd finally get one tile flat, then when I went to the next, I'd make the first one not flat. His poor ears rang for days until I had that AHA moment. Months later, he redid the entrance to our surface mine (digging down a 282 dirt ramp) because I was unhappy that the current mine entrance was 6 slopes off.

Thanks to a very special appreciative newbie (at the time) who moved into our area and was considerate enough to ask if he was in the way before building his shack. He was a do it yourself kind of person, but we were there to help with advice, answers and all those things that would just frustrate the heck out of new people until their skills were decent. That very special newbie gifted me much later with his referral. It was awesome to see a referral used as I believe was originally intended.

My thanks to a neighbor, who goes beyond normal terraforming on his deed and inspires us to go beyond our limits to make our area something to look at, not just a place to sleep.

My thanks to Rolf, for not making this game too easy. Other games we have played eventually got 'dumbed' down and our interest waned.

Thank you to those who offer advice and pass on their knowledge in chat. Many days you have to really search to find that wisdom between the trolling and the event copy and pastes, but it's there and those people deserve my thanks.

Thanks to all who understand that Wurm is not perfect and probably never will be, but help support the game and enjoy the parts that are good.

Because most are part of the silent majority, I'll not associate names with events, but nonetheless, my thanks go to: Trystant, Charm, Aleif, Ruriko, Kodos, Sandle, Snoopy, Zenity.

My thanks for inspiration go to: Smejack, Eladia, Willow, Zuperman, Thorgot, Zivirt, Brash_Endeavors

My thanks to all the Silent Majority whom I have run into and have had a kind word or an appreciative gesture with no thought of personal gain.

Thank you!

• Like 2

I would like to thank my best bud on here. he might not know it. but he has helped me through a lot. i was headed to god knows where. when i was sailing buy his deed. i say hello :) (like i always do when i sail by someone) and at the time i was hurt. so i asked if he had any spare cotton. he said yes and to meet him by the water. met him by the water at his deed on Indy and healed me right up. i started talking to him about not having a place to live at that time. i told him that i had premium and i wanted to make my own deed eventaully but i had to save up silver for it. he said he would make me a deal. i helped him out with some of the things around his deed like making fences. and he would sell me the paper for 6s. which i had. but in the meantime he let me stay with him on his deed. i didnt even ask. he just said for me to stay with him. and that it was always better to work together. with the amount of fences that i made i knew he took a hit with the silver lost from the deal and i told him not till i worked it off. but he persisted. couldnt say no to a guy who just opened his arms to me and took me in. The day i set off for Plotting my own deed. he handed me a bunch of tools that were 2-3s apiece and told me to keep them. i told him that i would do without them. he insisted as he always does :) and still to this day i cant thank him enough. i take jobs he offers. and i tell him i didnt do it for the money. i did it because he helped me :) and if he insisted on paying me i was considering it a donation. not payment.

so Cheers to you Gog :) miss talking to you brother.

It's great so many took the time to reply and show a lil' love.

We have chosen 3 people for the pot.

I won't call you winners, because I think that nearly any thank-you is a good one and Rudie agrees.

We both have read every post 3 times and we choose together.

Pot sharer number 1 for 15s:

Berris - We thought your 2nd post was charming and us being us, we relate.

Pot sharer number 2 for 10s:

Moxie - Your story for some undefined reason, stood out and I loved the "bomb-diggety."

Pot sharer number 3 for 5s:

Propheteer - We just thought that was a damn lotta names to remember. :)

Please expect to recieve your share of the pot in the next 2 hours.

Please contact me if you DON'T receive your share in the next 2 hours.

Edited by kajmir

I've given out my individual thanks to you two already, but ill say it once more because it can't be stated enough.

I appreciate the 5s, and it saddens me to see two good players leave the community. Hopefully you two return sometime in the future, because without you two it won't be the same here. :)

• Like 3