Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

Troll King Slaying- Killed 30/09/2012

i will be there again, just need to get hold of a decent two handed wep with enchants!

Just saw the new tactics...

You may want to assign the main tanks and determine who will be tanking in reserve beforehand so that we don't have a repeat of last time where the troll king started to attack people wielding huge axes and fighting off the gankers.

I'll definitely try to be there for this historic slaying, been raising my weapon skill for it, but that day and time maybe hard for me. We'll see.

I'm sure we'll get him this time though!

how you gonna stop people with low FS from coming in and crowding the situation too much? last time I had to back out even tho I had a 2 hander and 70+ Fs

Yes, there needs to be some very specific tactics laid out ahead of time, and stuck to, there's nothing like having a tank at level 5 focus knocked out of combat, all his focus lost, and TK turns and starts smacking some DPSer because someone "felt" it was the right time to jump in.

There was definitely a lot of people there last time. The shear numbers probably played a role in the TK living. Tank definitely needs to not be knocked out of combat at any time.

Agreed, we need only people with 70+ fs otherwise I cannot see us defeating him based on the last time we tried. If others want to help, we'll need healers to keep healing the big hitters so that they can prolong the attack

I would suggest that this time we have people sorted into 2 groups, one group goes in untill stam runs low then the groups swap. I assume BP is going to main tank, if so we could do with another backup incase he has to pull out for healing.

A Vyn priest or 2 would be good for 'Excell' on the tank's and a fo priest or 2 to aid healing, plus of course our mighty mags for the mass stam and smite.

We will also need some unfinished altars and some sacc items.

Aslong as people stick to the groups/rolls they are given then i think we can kill him this time.

I think it might be easier just to have the same group fight it the entire time maintaining max focus while priests take turn mass stamming them.

Both ideas would work, provided that we had enough good fighters to complete it, but more importantly is picking one and sticking to it. I'll probably make up 1k or more cordage and bring with me, I'll just need a hand transporting it from the docks.

im working on making 60ql farmers salve, i think clubs make bruise type damage XD... plus if i go ill just be a healer

Just curious and for those of you with very high weapon skills... do stances work? I guess no since no one has mentioned yet in this thread.

Otherwise my next question would be: have you ever tried coordinated attacks to certain body parts to make him bleed?

The two hander would have to be your main weapon skill, I tried with 55 small maul and wasn't able to target on him, but even then, if you can, just go for the head, nothing does damage like an eye shot.

Not sure how much of you are actually able to use that stance so probably would be more efficient to let everyone use the most common stance that is available for most of you (e.g. plain right or left, important is that all would use the same side)? Again: idea is to give him severe wounds if possible

Edited by picommander

Just curious and for those of you with very high weapon skills... do stances work? I guess no since no one has mentioned yet in this thread.

Otherwise my next question would be: have you ever tried coordinated attacks to certain body parts to make him bleed?

Edited by Xallo