Tpikol

Is There A Demand For A Dump Based Map?

is there a demand for a dump based map?  

66 members have voted

1. 1.

• no,i rather just have DM´s current map
    • yes,we can have both
    • i dont care what kind of map we have

well after seeing two failed attempts to make a new dump based map i think i could make and update a good one,but i wonder if people really wants or its just me and the people i talk to.

this is how my map would look like http://imgon.net/di-K75T.jpg

I really and truly appreciate Darkmalice's efforts, but I would honestly like to have map dumps.

I'd rather the dump maps, DM's map is a little plain and easy to get lost inland with.

He's maps more for "story" telling

Edited by Ronnie

map dump, simply because the cartoon map gets confusing. i like to base my travel on every little detail

I don't like any of the current maps. My issues, are: too cartoony, doesn't show layout, why not just x/y rather than the current grid system, it looks neat, but that's about it, other dump maps are hard to read.

good effort on the pixel map, but it just doesn't have the practicality of say, the exodus dump map.

Edited by Draedo

I appreciate DM's effort and time put into his, but I do love the map dumps. I like seeing the actual terrain, I think we can have both to make everyone happy. Go for it :)

• Like 1

I like map dumps.

Why can't rolf just give us a map dump every few weeks or so. It's only freedom afterall.

Edited by RomaN

DM's current map is fine for me. Suits better to the feeling of wurm, it doesn't need to be that accurate, more room for good navigation skills :)

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by KaiH, September 16, 2012 - personal attacks
Hidden by KaiH, September 16, 2012 - personal attacks

Before you make a new map you need to make a NEW DUMP. Then make a new map. Old dump is exactly that, old, outdated, not good any more. For instance Kami hasn't totally screwed up the passage yet on the old dump.

Edited by Sarcaticous

alot of things have changed from the old map dump, ppl put piers out etc..( fyi whens the last time u went to kami ):P. i think dm's map is just fine, if we knew where every nook and cranny was sailing wouldn't be interesting. :)

It would be nice to have a map with the roads listed on it.

As a new player, I think the map dump is extremely useful for two reasons: it illustrates topography in addition to location which is useful for travel and it also gives a good idea of the extent of development of a particular area. But DM's map is great because of the labels. Ideally, a combination of the two would be perfect. At a minimum the same 64 by 64 grid overlaid on the map dump to discuss coordinates and if possible names of a few major locations, like The Howl at least.

(I don't know anything about the technical aspects of creating this kind of image, so my apologies up front if I sound like one of those posters asking for the moon! I love maps and would be willing to help update a map if someone is willing to teach me how to do it. I've traveled some even as a new player--I'm one of those people trying to find a place to call my own that hasn't already been terraformed to kingdom come but yet is suitable to a newbie's skill level, as some of you who have conversed with me online might aleady know--and I've noticed when things on DM's map are no longer there or new things have popped up so I could at least contribute that experience. But kudos for what I am sure is a never-ending and thankless job!)