Sign in to follow this  
Dannyiron

Checking In!

Hello everyone, it's been a while. How's everything going and how is everyone doing? I have been inactive for quite an extended period now due to increasing real life commitments, and still will be for at least a while. But I thought I would still check in and see how everyone is and all the changes that are going on!

Greetings Dannyiron,

Well your old village of The Academy of Enlightenment has little that remains of it now. The mailbox is still there and kept repaired as we (a few locals) still use it. All the enchanted grass remains of course and 2 merchants are still standing bewildered in their frozen poses. I imped up the nearby well as that is useful to others and of course maintain the guard tower repairs. A new deed has been placed there named Wanderlust Faire by the deed holder adjoining it (not me) with 2 colossus being built, one on your old pedistal and another across from it. Trader is still there on the new deed and a side 3 lane highway runs past it. Other than that, not much has been completed on this new deed over your area.

Still a great area to live in from my point of view and I enjoy living at my main deed there. Quiet and peaceful. Perhaps you have logged in on your account there and already taken a look around with fond memories of the past drifting through your head? The Academy was a great place for new players in its time and was a help to many I am sure. You did a fine job with it and I wish you well in your travels, wherever they may lead.

=Ayes=

hey danny, your stuff over by insanity remains intact, if a bit overgrown with trees and weeds.

good to hear from you, and hope life is treating you well.

Thank you for all the kind messages everyone, it's great to hear from you and I'm glad to hear my stuff is still of some use. I did hope that I could sell the whole lot on to someone who could use it and look after it, but much searching came to little fruition I'm afraid, so at least this way my stuff is still getting use. When I started way back in the day (5 years ago now roughly?) I had a lot more time for Wurm, but unfortunately these days I barely have enough time to relax, let alone play games, and hence the maintenance of the deed and such became more of a chore to fit into small spaces of time, than an actual game. When I do finally regain the time to play, I'll see if I can make a return appearance. (I think I still have some unused referrals too maybe?)

I'm not actually sure what items are still in my possession on my account, I do remember selling a few of them before my absense. I'll check if I still own those personal merchant contracts, and I can disband them if you so wish. But I'm glad some of the projects I aspired to fulfill like the colossi have come to some sort of reality. Do you know if the one on my pedestal is the one I created whilst I was there? I believe I'm still logged off at where the old settlement token was.

I wish you all well too. Can't complain, life has been throwing me lemons and the lemonade has been flowing, plenty of opportunities, plenty of experiences, and plenty planned for the near future :)

Hey Danny, stop by and see what we've been up to in your old stomping ground. Overall the old academy is mainly gardens and has a memorial look to it. Thanks for your work in wurm and hope to see ya again :)

Daaaaaannny! Hurry up and get back on Wurm! Hope everything is well :)

Edited by headhunter

Hey Danny, good to see you dropping by again :) I hope you take the chance to look at some of the new artwork Saroman is producing, he's doing wonders heh.

I'm not actually sure what items are still in my possession on my account, I do remember selling a few of them before my absense. I'll check if I still own those personal merchant contracts, and I can disband them if you so wish. But I'm glad some of the projects I aspired to fulfill like the colossi have come to some sort of reality. Do you know if the one on my pedestal is the one I created whilst I was there? I believe I'm still logged off at where the old settlement token was.

Danny,

I am sure the owner of the new deed placed there, Wanderlust Faire, would prefer those merchants be removed if you would be so kind as to do so. I see there is nothing really valuable on them as they seem to have been just used for personal storage. As for the colossus, yours that was started had long ago decayed away and the new deed owner built both of the new ones. You wil see the deed owners name on the colossus that is now built upon your original pedestal, if you feel you want to try to contact them for any reason.

Pingpong lives on an adjoining deed and may be around frequently to give you more ingame info on the situation there, as he is more directly connected to the deed owner than I am. Might be fun for you to take a stroll around the area if your account is still located there.

=Ayes=