Sign in to follow this  
Dorick

Selling 4Gold Coins - 200E

Title says it all.

200e must be verified Paypal. Can meet face to face or post via a 85cast mailbox. Face to face meet will be at Freedom Market.

PM for more details & references.

Danke.

Member Since Today, 02:52 AM

Buyer Beware. If possible I'd request a GM to confirm the money exists before anyone buys.

200E is a large amount of money to throw around, and suspicious someone new to forums today is selling 4 gold suddenly. Please be cautious.

Edited by Crusader

Or meet them in game.

Or have them send the four gold first.

They can always get the coin back if you burn them but you cannot get your money back if they burn you. Always save your paypal receipts and communicate via forums or in-game unless you are dealing with a reputable player.

SN: It is not uncommon for players to make a new forum account to sell stuff. I have just recently dealt with a player who had done just this so they didn't get heat from other players, turns out the player is a very very reputable person but just wanted to avoid drama from other players.

Yeah its not uncommon and i'd suspect something similar is going on here.. 4g is not something a newbie would likely own.

Also selling at 50e pr 1g, while not something i usually care about since im not a fellow seller, it is something a lot of other goldsellers dont like :P pulling down value some argue.

so selling more or less anon. makes sense to me. i would probably do the same, see no real reason to distrust this seller :)

Buying gold coins via the forums from any unknown player is always *risky business* and something that I would not participate in. Always best to pay a bit more and deal with a player whose name you recognize as being reliable from their numerous postings and history on these forums. The *anonymity* of a new poster carries the greatest risk, so my advice would be to steer clear of newbie posters selling gold coins. I find it rather absurd that anyone would even contemplate doing this. Not ,my loss though. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

Buying gold coins via the forums from any unknown player is always *risky business* and something that I would not participate in. Always best to pay a bit more and deal with a player whose name you recognize as being reliable from their numerous postings and history on these forums. The *anonymity* of a new poster carries the greatest risk, so my advice would be to steer clear of newbie posters selling gold coins. I find it rather absurd that anyone would even contemplate doing this. Not ,my loss though. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

Just do the exchange in person. Have the trade menu open with the gold coin ready to go to see that they actually have it. Have the person trading the gold request the funds, and if he doesn't give the gold coin immediately file a ticket with paypal and explain that the 'merchant' did not render the goods paid for. They'll usually stop the fund transfer.

Just do the exchange in person. Have the trade menu open with the gold coin ready to go to see that they actually have it. Have the person trading the gold request the funds, and if he doesn't give the gold coin immediately file a ticket with paypal and explain that the 'merchant' did not render the goods paid for. They'll usually stop the fund transfer.

Paypal wont refund funds half the time on purchases like this but if they showed you the coins in trade and hen tried to bail on you, all ou have to do is file a support ticket gms will give you the coin.

Or meet them in game.

Or have them send the four gold first.

They can always get the coin back if you burn them but you cannot get your money back if they burn you. Always save your paypal receipts and communicate via forums or in-game unless you are dealing with a reputable player.

SN: It is not uncommon for players to make a new forum account to sell stuff. I have just recently dealt with a player who had done just this so they didn't get heat from other players, turns out the player is a very very reputable person but just wanted to avoid drama from other players.

^^^^ the only way i will ever buy gold, and pretty much the only way anyone should.

Always save your paypal receipts and communicate via forums or in-game unless you are dealing with a reputable player.

Pretty sure PayPal's chargeback policy does not cover virtual items, so you're SOL if the seller is dodgy and you have sent them money.

Just buy them from player that has a proven track record sure they might be higher then 50e each but your not going to have any trouble. I have sold i think 10 so far just this year but there is no way i would sell for less then 60e each no matter how many you buy.

After that other scammer* recently, I'd want to see the coins in a trade window first.

*This one
/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/66386-wts-3-x-gold-coins-sold-separately-or-together/

Like Kegan says, some of us have been selling many for a length of time. It's worth asking/looking for references.