Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Mine Door Decay: Test Results

Now and then I was taken by surprise when my mine doors suddenly vanished. (I was sure they still had enough strength several days before ;) )

So I decided to do some research and made some systematic experiments with 4 wooden mine doors. I imp'ed them to a certain strength level and then observed and logged their daily decay over 45 days. Here are the results:

woodminedoor.png

It turns out that the strength of a wooden mine door is reduced by an average of 40 per RL day. But the decay always takes place in steps of 100 and the actual daily value is random. It sometimes happens that there is no visible decay for several days (strength can remain constant for as much as 7 days) and then suddenly drops by 200.

For example, a wooden mine door of 2000 strength will last approximately 50 days. Once down to 300 a mine door should be improved with planks or it will soon vanish.

Edited by Yaga

Still it's interesting to see that the duration of a mine door is linear not exponentially raising as the other QL based durations.

On deed or off deed?

As far as I know it doesn't make a difference. The 4 mine doors were on deed.

I had always thought that the on deed mine doors should be repaired by the guards like the fence/houses are.

I had always thought that the on deed mine doors should be repaired by the guards like the fence/houses are.

No, the guards do not repair mine doors. Both wooden and stone ones have decayed away for us on deed.

No, the guards do not repair mine doors. Both wooden and stone ones have decayed away for us on deed.

Keegan said "should" be repaired like other things are, and I agree, i wish they were.

Same as stone walls...

One is 31 QL on perimiter but not part of the deed..its decayed from 14 to 16 damage in one month

Othe wall is 77 QL same set up in perimiter but not part of deed..so both places were added to a deed and owners are not citizens.

the 77QL wall went from 64 to 77 in 1 week..bot same walls except for QL..

So tell me whats going on here?

No strong stone wall cast on any..

The reason I asked was because I remember something about off-deed mine doors decaying faster by design. Basically they had something like 2 or 3x decay rate since high ql doors would take forever to decay. Not sure if this was only for Epic/PVP or a global thing.. was a couple of months ago now.. so I may be mis-remembering it.