Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Traditional Christmas Impalong 2012

Great action as I expected. There is no other place and time in Wurm, where you can see so much names in local.

But this time it was fatal with new changes (bugs?) in client. When I was closer to smithery, my client had tendency to crash every few minutes :wacko:

In two days there I had more crashes than in year and half of Wurming (even with all setting on minimal and sound off).

That is reason, why I improved above lq 71 (my logs limit) all ships farther from Festival Cove and only few of ships parked close to town. Thanks to yours ships, my shipbuilding is now above 92.

I hope Impalong will survive and will continue in some way and place next years too. And that devs will be prepared for such huge load and optimalise game, so everybody will be able to participate in and enjoy fun there.

• Like 1

I left yesterday, shame to see my home for the past 2 weeks go. It certainly felt like a home!!

I have to say a big thanks to Willow and all the organisers for their brilliant work, events are an incredible amount of effort logistically. Not to mention all of the impers too!

Lastly, continuing on Zakerak's point about having loads of people in local: "Never have so many Wurmians owed so much to so few." ;)

Bonus points if you can say which famous world leader said that quote, in what context and what about!

Thanks for all the great times.

Two of my alts have things in the coffins and leather working carts.

When is a good time to log in and fetch them? I checked a couple of times today and no one was around.

Thanks for the great time! It is shame that the lag caused by the new updates means many people reluctant to come but I have great time! 25 leatherworking from 0, 21 masonry from 7, 40 carpentry from 35, 13 meditating from 5, full alignment, and 50 70ql tools, a few enchanted tools so if I decide to try some new skillsets I have good tools for them :D . The dond was fun and people are nice to talk with, met many people whom I only know from the freedom chat so that is great. Thanks Willow, thanks caretakers of impalong, thanks everyone that coming!

Seeing as most of the nominees stayed longer than week 1 we will now have this award as "Overall - Lady of the Impalong" etc

So I am pleased to announce the winners of the following awards....

Overall Man of the Impalong goes to Raycg! Worked so hard to organise and help build the amazing Colossus Corner

Overall Lady of the Impalong goes to me! yay.. no only joking :P goes to Nib, everyone loved how she opened those chests in DoND

Overall Most helpful player of the Impalong goes to... 2 people who were amazingly helpful and never tired of being asked "can you grab my tools please" Alectrys and Aristia

Overall Comedian of the Impalong goes to Cerber for being a funny guy and thinking he could trap me on top of the lighthouse to have his wicked way with me

Overall Best dressed of the Impalong goes to Telurius for dressing as Santa

Overall Corpse of the Impalong (deaths permitting) goes to Radon for keeping the tradition going and dying a second year on the trot lol ;) poor guy

Keep an eye in the mail over the next week or so guys for a little treat heading your way.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for so much this year, we fought the lag monster, we fought a rollback all at the worst times possible and we fought all those critters and zombies the GM's threw at us. We met up with old friends, we made some new ones too. We built the first ever Colossus Army and took on the task of the highest amount of tools ever needing imping at an Impalong. DoND was as much of a success as ever. Gumbo knows how much I appreciate how much he does for the Impalong but I also want to say thank you for supporting me too as a player and as a friend also. I could not possibly list all the people I want to thank individually as each and every one of you that either helped run it, donated to it and visited it helped make this the best ever Imaplong for me

I know it was frustrating at times for people who were trying to PM me to either ask a question or just to say hi, one day within the time it took for the houses to render after logging in I had 16 PMs flashing waiting. I did try to get to all of you and if I didnt manage it I am truly sorry.

Due to the fact that we had to postpone the contests I will be holding the Checkers Tournament again (with the winner receiving a newbie account with a full year premium already paid). I will start a new post when everything is ready and you will be able to sign up there. There are still many many items awaiting collection so if you could please arrange to collect them I would appreciate it, either give me a PM in game or on the forum and we can arrange someone to be here to retrieve them for you.

So what next for Willow? well first I have to clean up after you all :P Then I will be taking a little vacation to another server to cause trouble, you all know me by now and how trouble seems to follow me around ;) To those who thought I was leaving the game, you were so far off the mark, Im here to stay.

Good luck to whoever hosts next years impalong. I have seen the posts and would like to say here that I will not be supporting one over another, so please dont ask me to. I dont think it is fair and I believe the community should decide without any bias.

Hope you all had a great time and I wish you all a fantastic 2013.

Willow

• Like 1

did anyone find any on my tools it would appear I am missing a sickle and god knows what else.

When I left, there were a lot of tools left in the coffins.

I still need to pick up a bunch of stuff for two of my toons. Still wondering when would be a good time to travel to FC?