Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Traditional Christmas Impalong 2012

I'll be there - I should be 80 blacksmith by then

Edited by Kruggan

will the contests be something priests can do? ever since the update today im extremely laggy with 2 people- dont no why, so ill prob only bring my priest

Edit: my priest just started a few weeks ago( heck hes still a follower) so i wont be able to help out much but i can try

Edited by Fluttershy

I Zarame will be there :)

90 blacksmithing

70 jewelerysmithing

70 masonry

and a picture of my new Colossus :P

Coords are 31x44y (just south of FM docks). Last I heard there were 2 inns for putting folks up in.

Thank you :D

And when is a good time to get there to ensure there is still a room?

I'll be there, RL allowing. Will bring a Vynora battery along with & will help with whatever my skills allow.

Sorry to hear it's your last one though Willow *hugs*

Update:

I don't have very high skills in a lot, but I will bring the best of what I can get m hands on for giving away :D

Le update (2): Will there be a vyn altar there? can try and bring some yoyos

Yes defiantly will be.

Will try to attend...trying to get my mag follower to become a priest. If I can get him to priest up by then he can be a battery.

Thank you :D

And when is a good time to get there to ensure there is still a room?

Don't worry Shrimpie there is always room and with so many people from different timezones not all are on at the same time. ;)

Don't worry Shrimpie there is always room and with so many people from different timezones not all are on at the same time. ;)

Awesome, thanks :D

Another question: Who will take the torch for next years Impalong? They would obviously have a high bar to meet lol

56 coalmaking here

87 carp

i can come by and make coal piles for the metallurgists

if a high WC can supply me logs of a high ql

maybe get some high ql steel tools out there

i can also help help with any boat imping somewhere into the 65 to 70 range

Edited by crutchly

I promise I won't be there.... last thing ya'll need is an old fart like me ruining things for ya. Besides, I'm not anywhere as near as skilled as many that will be there, there is little I could contribute anyways to be honest.

Thank you Willow, though I have never benefited directly with your work with the Impalong, we have all benefited in some fashion or another. Your contribution to this community is appreciated.

Have fun Impalong Participants and enjoy ;)

Edited by Kyrmius

Another question: Who will take the torch for next years Impalong? They would obviously have a high bar to meet lol

I'm hoping this will be properly discussed, and instead of who (singular) will be who (plural.) ;)

I promise I won't be there.... last thing ya'll need is an old fart like me ruining things for ya. Besides, I'm not anywhere as near as skilled as many that will be there, there is little I could contribute anyways to be honest.

Kyrmius, feel free to come on over and join in the fun events we will be holding too, its not just about the imping we want you to have a laugh, some fun and maybe win some wonderful prizes.

As to who will be taking over the Impalong next year? Can we please at least get this years Impalong over with before we start worrying about all that. I have had so many PMs asking if I will let them do it/give my blessings to/ move out of my deed/decide who is taking it over.

I want to make it clear to all now that I do not own the Impalong, I cannot give the Impalong to anyone in particular and no I will not be handing over my deed to the next Impalong holders. Festival Cove is also my home deed, I set it up totally with my own money, I have kept the upkeep going with my own money and that is the way it will stay. Anyone wanting to hold the Impalong is free to offer themselves out to the public as and when we actually get into 2013. The community owns the Impalong, the community have always worked together to make the event happen. Please dont be offended if I do not reply to any more messages regarding this matter of me consenting to someone else doing it, Im sure you can understand Im quite busy preparing for this years Impalong. Trying to make it an event that will be remembered cannot be halted by me having to take time out to reply to questions regarding something that will be happening in another 12 months time.

So back to this years event...

We are now in December, the milestone for me to start to run around like a lunatic, worrying that Im not well enough prepared, that no one will turn up and will I actually be able to use my own bed or have to sleep on the floor again (you know who you are, the one that took my bed last year) ;)

Im now going to start and call in a few favours so stand back and prepare yourselves.

Im going to need

10 x barrels

boat load of peat, failing that boat load of logs - to keep those forges burning 24-7 for 2 weeks

Thank you to all the offers of prizes I will add them to the list

• Like 3

I'll be coming this year. I've reached my goal of 50 channeling since last Impalong and might have a go at destroying your favorite heirloom sword with a failed Flaming Aura cast. ;)

I believe there's peat on the way down to Festival Cove, so we'll stop to fill up the cart.

This may be slightly self indulgent but was thinking that as this will be my last Impalong would it be possible to get a party together during the 2 weeks to build an Impalong colossus in a garden where we plant signs around it with all the names of people who attended, would make a great memorial.

If you're all up for it, and it happens fast, we could even have an entire army of Colossi before the 2 weeks are over ;) hint hint at Raycg

Edited by Willow
  • Like 1

I supposed I could put "a" brick on a colli :P

Edited by Pingpong

This may be slightly self indulgent but was thinking that as this will be my last Impalong would it be possible to get a party together during the 2 weeks to build an Impalong colossus in a garden where we plant signs around it with all the names of people who attended, would make a great memorial.

If you're all up for it, and it happens fast, we could even have an entire army of Colossi before the 2 weeks are over ;) hint hint at Raycg

i'm so in willow, i'll be a week early to help plan that out for sure!

http://s971.beta.photobucket.com/user/Raycg3333/media/20121201_172547.mp4.html

Our house is ready for impalong! :D

Edited by Raycg