Sign in to follow this  
AgentOneSixSixSeven

N/A

Join a village and earn peoples trust that way. Any other way will result in you meeting the sharp end of peoples blades.

Sry.. you calling yourself a new player.. i thought you said you were an enemy who converted to hots.

those are 2 different things in my eyes :P dont know your story.. but if you were on elevation its very common for us to distrust new people and converters, who havent been through blh and developing some relationships and shown to be good players etc.

Unless you got some people on hots that can vouch for you i wouldnt suggest just showing up on Elevation, safer to go to BLH which is a fair bit more friendly to new people, develop some relationships and show us we can trust you etc.

But yeah.. if this was on affliction.. well normally hots on hots action isnt tolerated by the community there.. try to be a fairly friendly enviroment for newcomers. but even then other players can be a bit paranoid simply because BL doesnt offer the reputation/outlaw system that WL has preventing others from killing you without penalty.

Edited by Julepalme

They do that because they got nothing to lose by killing (and looting) you while if they let you roam around, you could possibly do something bad (spy, grief, whatever). It's just how parts of Affliction are, you'll be best off if you join a good village there.

Well thats you're experience mine was very different.. never been killed by another hots, recieved a lot of help.

But if you are gonna be like this and generalize and call all Hots under the same hat i'm sure people are more than willing to oblige you are treat you this way then.

Well to be fair, knowing that you're gonna convert I wouldn't want you in my local either. I suggest you keep to yourself, hopefully that's enough to safely wait out your convert timer.

• Like 1

Well to be fair, knowing that you're gonna convert I wouldn't want you in my local either. I suggest you keep to yourself, hopefully that's enough to safely wait out your convert timer.

exactly.. doesnt even seem willing to try and integrate himself, looking forward to finding him in my local then :)

no you are wrong :P i help people..

but people who show up on the forum and badmouth hots shouldnt expect good treatment tbh.

hots isnt like other kingdoms.. you need to earn peoples trust here, its not a given like it can be in other kingdoms where you have the outlaw system to help protect against rotten apples.

And youve already shown yourself unwilling to make the effort to make friends here.. so dont expect anyone to act friendly to you now, all im saying.

pfft.. yeah people will raid you because you wrote in kchat.. so what did you write.. did you offend them..?

as if anyone just say they'll raid because you talk in kchat.. all about what you said more likely :P

well, give it a try and im sure you will find that there are some communities out there more than willing to help you and take you in if you show to be a serious player and serious about being hots.

Ill try that then, thank you.

Join africa or deadlake, or any other deed that is actively involved in hots.

Yeah I don't want to make friends with any of them, showing their true colors. Its hard to gain trust whenever someone always has a threat or a sword ready to kill you if you speak out.

Ive never once been threatened or mistrusted in BL ;p you must have done something if as you say everyone in BL wants to kill you.

not sure which affliction you're talking about, because everyone there was nice to me

Got a good laugh out of this to be honest :)

When being a member of hots it is far from being rare to get threats, and to die often unless you align yourself with a village.

With time comes respect, and with respect I can assure you that those messages will stop (unless people simply do not like you)

However another good idea is to always train up your combat stats so you can be the one that threatens instead. B)

You're not a spy, but you've recently converted and you're planning to convert again rather soon? Huh.

HOTS tend to be a bit more hostile/mistrusting of people they don't know because of the nature of the faction.

Unlike JK and MR, HOTS don't have 'laws'. HOTS can kill HOTS without negative consequence, they can steal and fight and grief and drain deeds. It's a somewhat anarchistic kingdom.

This isn't as common on Affliction, although on Elevation it may be. But this mistrusting way came over from Wild, with all 3 factions on one server, JK and MR players would often create HOTS alt accounts to spy on HOTS, find towers to bash, steal items, etc.

If you want to play HOTS you need to make friends and integrate yourself with the community. Offer to help someone with menial tasks like digging or transporting basic materials, things they need done but are probably too busy to do. Certainly don't badmouth the entire faction on a forum post and expect to be treated nicely.