Sign in to follow this  
tune

"it Has A Certain Spark In Its Eyes." What Does This Mean

what does "It has a certain spark in its eyes." do to the horses. like what effect does it have.?

If a male horse, it is the casanova type. If a female horse, it would be prone to be *loose* and have an escapist trait as well, tending to wander off when being led. Perhaps when you lead these type of horses to water, you can't make them drink either. Also at celebrations, you can use them in place of *sparklers*.

=Ayes=

I am going to guess you saw this in the wiki rather than as a trait on a horse? There are probably very very few horses, if any, still out in the world that have this trait.

To the best of my knowledge it was a trait that briefly appeared on random existing horses during a period in spring 2011 when Rolf was experimenting with breeding and domesticated animal counts. For an extended period, no foals were being born at all on Freedom (you either could not breed at all, or all pregnancies ended in miscarriage). It is believed this trait extended the lifespan of horses during that period, so that they would not all die out or become too old while the breeding system was being revised. None of those horses ever passed the trait down to a foal, and after that period, no more horses ever appeared with the trait. Later, Rolf designed the Cared For system to allow players to select certain of their horses to live longer. Horses that had both the "spark in its eye" and "Cared For," were reported to live extraordinarily long lifespans, much longer than either condition by itself.

At least, that is MY memory of how things occurred ^_^ perhaps someone else will remember it different. I know there was a lot of speculation what the trait actually did; my belief is longevity due to the fact that horses with the trait seemed to live much much longer. I would be mildly surprised if there were any horses still surviving that carry this trait. Pretty much it is now just a footnote in Wurm's history.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I do have one female that still remains with this trait. I have heard of a few others that have one remaining.

I know there was a lot of speculation what the trait actually did; my belief is longevity due to the fact that horses with the trait seemed to live much much longer.

I have a Venerable horse and tracked it in my logs;

a026acb2491e4780aee0c39.png

So you see its over one and half year old. Its been cared for, a Legacy horse I saved from our friends horse pen after he quit playing wurm and his deed finally disbanded. I've been keeping good care of that one. So that horse has seen trough all of the changes.

During the changing periods one of my venerable horses got the sparkling eyes which we intentionally left out of Care for. It died sometime last year, few months after all the dust had settled down with the animal changes.

So, our conclusion was that... Sparkling eyes give no lifespan benefit for horses not explicitly being cared for. Also I can conclude that if I have Cared for horse which was Aged over 1.5 years ago is still alive (without sparkling eyes), there is no way of saying sparkling eyes will expand lifespan because without it there is horse which is still alive.