Sign in to follow this  
ashoof

Epic Server Rest After 1.0 Release.

Epic Map and skill reset after the release of wurm 1.0  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like if maps and skills on the epic cluster reset after the release of wurm 1.0?

• Yes I would like a map and skill reset.
    • Yes but would like only a map reset
    • Yes but would like only a skill reset
    • No would not want any changes

Well hello everyone, I've prepared myself to be attacked for posting this little suggestion but I might as well have a go eh?

Well I used to play on epic (im sure alot of you know or heard of me) and well I just lost interest in the server...as did a good amount of others who I know.

So - my suggestion - is to just completely wipe the epic cluster, so a skill and map reset AFTER 1.0 comes out.

PvP has stagnated and the Mongols, in an attempt to liven up the situation have disbanded. I wholeheartedly applaud you all for your efforts.

I am guessing however, that before 1.0 comes out, PvP & player count will remain at these levels...if for whatever reason a miracle happens and boatloads of people join then we wont need a map/skill reset. But on the hunch this wont happen I think since 1.0 is coming out it would be a nice time to start over as it is ushering in a new chapter in wurm's history and perhaps in epic's history aswell

Please leave a response as to the position you took, thanks!

Ashoof

Edited by ashoof

Either nothing or just a map reset with only one map.

• Like 4

We're resting the server?

No (or at least not to my knowledge) it is just a proposal and a poll to see what the general feeling among wurmians is.

Edited by ashoof

We're resting the server?

Yes, it will have been in use for 14 months by then and I'd imagine it's just a tad tired and could do with a small break.

• Like 1

Hmm...I think contrary to how I've felt up to now im going to vote for the skill and map reset of all maps (homes included) for epic 1.0.

If not then i'd like to see each map heavily disaster changed with the effect being most deeds being smashed and the land upturned. Collapse the unreinforced mines and kill 75% of named horses.

• Like 1

Any skill and/or map reset would likely make myself and a friend I play with on Epic, quit Epic. -1

Rolf has stated there are no skill resets on epic.

If it was upto me we'd have one huge epic server with islands for each Main Kingdom Capital and space for a few towns around each one, with a large mainland in the middle.

But for now I guess map resets would be nice.

Any skill and/or map reset would likely make myself and a friend I play with on Epic, quit Epic. -1

Its ok gary if disaster strikes you can come hide in my raid shelter :D

More to the point, Epic due the increased skill gain the median skill pool for the server will continue to be press against the celing.

And after the reset we get another reset or what should this solve?

picturing a map and skill reset at 1.0 release, every epic player dumped in the same location to start with all at once. It would be like the cornucopia in The Hunger Games :D

And after the reset we get another reset or what should this solve?

Sure, if things get boring after a year again, we could do with another (map)reset to make things interesting again.

+1 for any kind of reset except skills

I never expected anything to be permanent on epic, map and skill resets yearly sounds great

• Like 1

If i stayed awake for 14 months straight i'd be tired too. +1

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I added skill resets because I feel after 1.0 we will have a new influx of players...(hopefully) and I think that it would be nice if we restarted with same skills and a new map.

I say one map, like the size of indy at least, This way every kingdom actually has to fight for their lands.

Something that has always puzzled me is why some people would want to have everything they have constructed destroyed and all the skills that they have trained up wiped away as well. Why don't these people just abandon their old location, delete their character and create a new one? To me the *permanency* of my player skills and builds is what is important, to have all that destroyed at the whims of other players voting decisions would certainly make me not want to waste my time further with such an online game. Perhaps the Epic players (and others) that would want this to happen have some valid reason for this that is beyond my comprehension?

=Ayes=

I dont think skill reset is a good idea... but a yearly map reset would be the best for epic. At least for elevation. Maybe a reset for fighting related skills?

Edited by atazs

I added skill resets because I feel after 1.0 we will have a new influx of players...(hopefully) and I think that it would be nice if we restarted with same skills and a new map.

That's what the curve and double skill gain is for. It helps bridge gaps between new players, and "veteran" players. We've got newer guys on MRH coming out with some of us that have been playing since day one of Epic, and they've gotten kills with us. Skill resets (excluding those for balancing exploits and such) are not necessary, and would only serve to upset the current players of Epic.

I never expected anything to be permanent on epic, map and skill resets yearly sounds great

Well sadly for some, we expect no resets at all because that's what Rolf promised us.

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54651-quench-epic-reset-rumours/

That's what the curve and double skill gain is for. It helps bridge gaps between new players, and "veteran" players. We've got newer guys on MRH coming out with some of us that have been playing since day one of Epic, and they've gotten kills with us. Skill resets (excluding those for balancing exploits and such) are not necessary, and would only serve to upset the current players of Epic.

Well sadly for some, we expect no resets at all because that's what Rolf promised us.

http://forum.wurmonl...-reset-rumours/

In my honest opinion, nobody starting epic now will ever reach the level that the current 'veteran' players are at.

And I think Rolf, as he has done before, would change his mind if he sees something is that popular...I mean really this is wurm, nothing is set in stone.

Also in one of Rolf's Post he writes, and I quote: Ok I changed the text a bit to "hopefully no individual skill resets will be required"

Edited by ashoof

In my honest opinion, nobody starting epic now will ever reach the level that the current 'veteran' players are at.

You're...... not serious, are you? Epic hasn't even been out for a whole year yet...

Wurm is a slow game and the main currency is time...deleting that currency over time will achieve nothing.